Tikona Hunt

sekharsomu

Disciple
I have gone with Tikona this feb may be one of the grave mistakes i ever committed ,As, this basically a wireless broadband the speeds used to have a lot of inconsistency Skype was literally not possible from March 22nd or so i have started observing that i was only getting some 0.4-0.5 mbps while my plan is 2mbps for 36gb and there after 1mbps my billing cycle being 26th -25th of next month .So,when 26th came i observed that i am only receiving speeds between 0.8mbps to 1mbps through Speedtest.net .After 3-4 requests they have sent a service engineer who has done the speedtest through their own portal and got a result of 1.1mbps where i have to receive 2mbps.He said this fluctuation is common in tikona. then i told him that i am paying a premium of Approx 1700Rupees per month .He said he cannot to do anything about it.

So, with no choice left on April 13th i called them and informed them that i need disconnection with the end of the billing Cycle that is on 25th April .As typical customer care they tried to convenience me everything would be fine .But i clearly told them that i am not interested anymore and i surely need a disconnection they said disconnection is not possible for date like 25th April.So suggested me to call around 23rd April.So when i called them on 24thApril the lady tried to tell me that the disconnection process would take 45 days for full and final settlement.Then i have clearly acknowledged her want was told to me on 13thApril. Then she made an apology and suggested me not to use the net from 26th April and that i can also ignore any Subsequent bills i receive.

Later, i got a call from tikona to pay a bill, i have told them what has happened and that i have not been using the net from 26th April and the money for April bill(ie 26th Mar-25thApril)can be deducted from 2300 Rupess they had taken as Advance(500 for installation so that converts to 1700 Rupees while bill is 1650 Odd rupees).at this time they also tried to convince me to get back to tikona they had also promised me to waive the entire months bill i told them its not possible as i have gone with a new ISP.

Few weeks later once again they start calling me to pay the bill,So once again i call the customer care about this they told me for deactivation i need to write a mail to them and telephonic request wont do .I was in shock! then i have explained what happened from the beginning they they asked me to keep a mail and then they would see that i would never receive the due Payment calls.

As instructed by them i have posted a mail to their customercare for deactivation .Yesterday i received a call from their billing section stating that i was due for 2 bills(26thmar-25th April,26April-25thMay) first i tried to correct them that i have clearly disconnected from 26th April.Since on 25th April night 11:45 PM i have personally disconnected the cable and have left it out of my house So, there is no possibility of usage.Then they started a strange claim that i have used 9gb during 26th April -25thMay.
I have seriously opposed this as i have never done that am more over the cable itself was unplugged by me and left out of house .Then they started asking me to pay the bill for 26th Mar-25thApril then when i reminded then of 1700 Rupees they have .He tells me that it an advance amount and it would be refunded back when the Deactivation is over. Then i asked him to send me a mail confirming the same .Then he says that not he duty as he from collection department and customercare would take care of this and asked me to call to customercare and he would contact me this evening

I have called the customer care, and have explained him the situation then he tells me that i have used 9gb in last month .Then when he tried to see the session history it was not there he claims that network is down.(I tried logging through thier portal and tried to see the session history for the 9gb but it never showed up since yesterday.I wonder how it can since i never used atleast 1MB)finally i was able to explain it to this agent that they had 1700 Rupees of my amount as advance and they can deduct the amount from that for the pervious month bill.Finally he gave a confirmation that i am in due of noting to tikona and no one would call me regarding this.

But i am not sure whether he can keep his promised ,Because customer care always tells me i am not in due but billing people are harassing me to pay the bill and in the least they wouldn't even send a mail that they would refund my advance amount.

This how a Typical ISP Deals with its customer in India. They are harassing me like hell. What should i do if they call me back this evening? Please advise.

They first tried to plead me to stay with them with a waiver offer but as i said no they are torturing me.I cannot anymore bear this witch-hunt anymore,First they don't give the promised speed, Then they ask me to pay a bill without confirming a refund,Now they blatantly lie that i have used 9gb.

Btw, i do have all the speed test reports,even their portal speedtest report on day to day for last 10-15 days basis which clearly is a proof about their inconsistent speeds

Why are you letting them take you for a ride. A similar thing happened to me when their connection stopped working after a thunderstorm. Since my connection was the quarterly prepaid one i immediately sent them an email for which i never got a reply (which you too should have done).
After that they still sent me two bills for 8000, called up cc once and told them to stop sending me bills and that i wont be paying a single penny for their crappy service. They can't do anything since i told them i had sent an email and that their line was dead for months.
It's been six months since then and they still haven't sent anyone to pick up their equipment but i don't receive bills anymore.

Tikona provides our college WiFi, ION.

Let me tell you, it's the worst and most frustrating internet experience I have had in my life.

Even Dual-Up in 2001 was more consistent for me, I swear by MTNL.

Why are you letting them take you for a ride. A similar thing happened to me when their connection stopped working after a thunderstorm. Since my connection was the quarterly prepaid one i immediately sent them an email for which i never got a reply (which you too should have done).
After that they still sent me two bills for 8000, called up cc once and told them to stop sending me bills and that i wont be paying a single penny for their crappy service. They can't do anything since i told them i had sent an email and that their line was dead for months.
It's been six months since then and they still haven't sent anyone to pick up their equipment but i don't receive bills anymore.

Even i want to ignore,but they are calling which is frustrating and basically i work night shift yesterday they wasted 2 hrs of my time during my sleeping hours

^^ Next time when they call, you just need to say them directly I am not going to pay the bill, do whatever you can do.
& then disconnect the call.

If they still call, start talking rudely and if still doesn't produces the desired result, start abusing.

It worked for a friend who had tikona.

Hope you know how to, otherwise forward that call to my number. :bleh:

If they still call, start talking rudely and if still doesn't produces the desired result, start abusing.

It worked for a friend who had tikona.

Hope you know how to, otherwise forward that call to my number. :bleh:

Finally this how we have to deal in india ..hmmm. what else can i do.
We have to resort to a streetdog tactic in order save our rights...

Reminds me of the pain I underwent when I was in Bangalore, no other ISP was operating in my area. In the adjacent areas AirTel and Tata Indcom [Wired / Wireless] was available.

Joined their program, regretted it.

In the end, did not pay anything. Used to disconnect their every call. This was aided by the fact that in college the mobile was in a permanent catatonic state. Whenever they called me I just used to keep escalating the matter; cutting the call when they were transferring it [to the so called Manager].

They tried to pull of the "disconnection email" stunt on me too, infact their zonal manager called me up and the conversation going thus --

Tikona guy [supposed regional manager]: <initial tirade in Kannada>

Me: Excuse me, who do you want to speak too?
[Abject pause]
Tikona: Are you Mr. So-in-so? [in heavy accent]

Me: Yes, that is me.

Tikona: You have not paid the bill for past 3 months.

Me: Because the line is physically disconnected for these months!!

Tikona: You have used ~15GB of bandwidth.

Me: I applied for a disconnection on so-n-so date.

Tikona: You need to write a email to US!! [cursing in Kannada]

Me: From where will I send the mail?

Tikona: You have connection, NO!!

Me: Connection, NO!!

Tikona: Can you login from welcome page.

Me: No.

Tikona: You could not complain about this, not paying bill.

Me: Sir, I had done complaints [gave him respective details and complaint numbers]

Tikona: They have been processed.

Me: Then, even I have processed the Demand Draft. Have a good day!!
[End of call]

After that incident, I have had sporadic contact from them; pertaining to the service, whether I have internet [from a competing ISP], whether I am interested in restarting a connection.

Thankfully this time around I had the sense to turn them down.

Had this connection while I was in chennai, the worst I experienced.
They still didn't refund my remaining advance payment of 2.6k as I shifted to another location where they can't give service.
After they cant provide service, I demanded my refund. Even after i applied disconnection and waited for my money for 3 months with no response But those guys are into taking back the device,"nano station loco" which their receiver.

I simply said, "once I get the refund, take ur ****ing device".
After 5 months I got the call from their cc and message that I have to pay rs.2.4k.
Simply shouted with the lady on the phone.

Still no refund, still I didn't give their device.
It's lying useless I don't know, how to use it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338383894.745164.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338383978.074908.jpg

I think I was lucky enough with tikona.
used it for an entire year without any problem.
Range was awesome.the speed depends on the closest transceiver.Its same as your mobile signal.
Obstacles and other disturbances will always hamper the signal and proportionally decrease the speed.
Mine was just beside my building,so always used to get the maximum speed.
And when their systems go for some upgradation, I would get 1-2mbps for a 256kbps connection for the whole day.
Even I got multiple calls during disconnection, mailed me the bill for the next year.
Just ignored. Be harsh at them.Tell them that you already got a new connection. that might stop further convincing calls.
gREen even mine is lying at home,but they never asked me to return the device.

I got a cheaper connection with dc hub,otherwise I would have sticked to tikona. I found their service worth.
@sekharsomu
Its all because the transceiver isn't close to where you stay,otherwise you would have loved their service.

sad as it may be, street dog tactic is the only way out. I disconnected from Airtel ISP mid month. Though they promised me a prorated bill, I was charged for the whole month. I spent days trying to convince them to no avail. I had to shout and talk rudely - Get my bill prorated and I'll pay the amount. Since then no call yet.
The bill is still unpaid. I sincerely want them to prorate it so than I can pay it off but no action from them.

Whenever you are disconnecting or experiencing such issues, always shoot a mail to the customercare id.
It's better to have some proof and make things official instead of facing a different person each time you call to complain.

Like psyph3r has said multiple times, an e-mail is the best way to go about these things. That one thing is permanent legal proof to support whatever you are saying. They have to reply to an e-mail. Unless you are recording each and every phone call, there is nothing to back you up. Whereas, they must be having lots of proof for this. Be polite and say that you are awaiting response to the e-mail and then only you will talk about it any further.

Yepp i have written mails but there was no response ever With the guideliness of NCH I have written a mail again .Hope this ends here.

Back