Android Thoughts about Nokia G60 5G

Been using phone for quite some time now, and it continues to work great. It is smooth, no lag, and its fast. Having a good amount of RAM does help.

But, that said, since very early on, the phone has developed a hardware issue, of the power button malfunctioning. I am unable to use it, because, if I press it to open and close the phone, the phone just restarts, and even gets caught in a boot loop. I need to get it repaired, but I am worried about privacy and apps, if I have to leave it at the care center.

Another issue, which I am facing is that sometimes, the screen doesn't timeout as per the settings. It is very annoying, specially when the power button isnt working and I cant turn the screen off manually that way. I just have to wait for it to turn off on its own, and it can take a good amount of time for that.. 5 minutes maybe.

The screen I feel isnt smooth, like my Nokia 7 Plus. Like, if I want to play a few games which require me to use the screen frequently to pull down, after a while, my fingers start to get stuck on the screen. Very annoying, and I am unable to play those games. It sucks.

Other than that, performance wise, I am happy with the phone. The phone has got upgrade to Android 13, but it came quite late this time, which is unlike Nokia. Anyways, happy to get the upgrade.

I still think that considering stock Android, and regular updates, Nokia is a good choice for me. I am disappointed with the power button issue though, and it is happening on my old Nokia 7 Plus too.

there is something called gesture options , if u double touch on the screen, it will lock/unlock , something like that...
launchers like Nova support such features, do check if Nokia added such things too
u can check in launcher options, settings , there might be some Apps too in playstore which try to simulate such behavior

there is something called gesture options , if u double touch on the screen, it will lock/unlock , something like that...
Gesture option by double tap is just to wake up the screen when it is off, and make it go back to sleep again. It won't unlock or lock the screen.

But your post did give me the idea to check for an app which could turn the screen off, and I found one. Works well. So thank you for your post.

I also found apps for simulating power menu, and that is helpful too, to restart the phone without using the power button.

I found two really useful apps, one for screen off, and another for emulating the power menu. I will post the links here, in case anyone wants them for their phone.

Screen Off: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.matthijsvh.screenoff

This is really useful for me, with my power button having issues. This app turns the screen off, with just a tap on the button. It can be used even if the power button isnt having any issues, as this puts really no repeated stress on the power button, and so the button can last longer.

Shutdown: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samiadom.Shutdown

This app provides power menu, which comes up when you long press the power button on your phone. So, I can restart my phone using this, if required.

Btw, I had interaction with Nokia support staff via their email, and my experience has been terrible. I wanted to post the email conversations in the forum, for people to see how pathetic their support staff is, So, in which forum can I do that?

I found two really useful apps, one for screen off, and another for emulating the power menu. I will post the links here, in case anyone wants them for their phone.

Screen Off: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.matthijsvh.screenoff

This is really useful for me, with my power button having issues. This app turns the screen off, with just a tap on the button. It can be used even if the power button isnt having any issues, as this puts really no repeated stress on the power button, and so the button can last longer.

Shutdown: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samiadom.Shutdown

This app provides power menu, which comes up when you long press the power button on your phone. So, I can restart my phone using this, if required.

Btw, I had interaction with Nokia support staff via their email, and my experience has been terrible. I wanted to post the email conversations in the forum, for people to see how pathetic their support staff is, So, in which forum can I do that?
Just a heads up, you don't need 3P apps for either of these things. Turn on accessibility menu - Settings>Accessibility>Accessibility menu>Turn it on. It's a small floating button that's pretty non intrusive, and can lock the screen as well as trigger the power menu. You can also use Settings>Accessibility>Accessibility shortcuts to add it to the nav bar instead of a floating icon.

Thanks. Didn't know this. This is really handy.

But, I still prefer the shortcut of Shutoff app that I have on my home screen. It's just one tap compared to two taps, and I think a slide too via the Accessibility menu.

But yea, good to know that this feature is there in Android. Maybe I can use it for easy access to screenshot feature.

Back