Wraith

Skilled
Check this out guys... total hdd capacity of 1030gb :D :D :D

Seagate 160gb * 3 SATA I
Seagate 160gb * 1 SATA II
Western Digital 250gb * 1 SATA II
Seagate 80gb + 40gb PATA
Samsung 20gb PATA

There is one 160gb hdd missing here as it has gone for replacement...if that was present the total would be 1190 GB :D :D :D

Congrats, but once again, I can't imagine what you'd possibly store on 1TB :p More than that, how'd you know what data you lost with an HDD failure? :D You should consider trading them in for 3x320gb 7200.10 drives for many reasons.

Does your chassis hold all those drives btw? :p

woah nice man!!! good storage.. i can understand.. when you have soo much space ..all you wanna do is store stuff.. lol

messa should get 320 gigger in 3-4 months too... :D but ya wont be competeing with you

lol actually that ain't too hot... too many smaller drives.. my cuz uses 4 x WD Caviar's 500 GB, and 2 x WD raptor 150's. Thats hot...

btw those caviars are the enterprise editions.

@Rio : nope my chassis cant hold all of the hdd's together...but then hot swapping is here to stay :D

Well i need some moolah to get the new high capacity drives....all that i had went gettin the X2 n mobo :D :D

NAH !!!

This is what a single Hitachi 1TB looks like... expected to be released end 2006

Techtree.com India > Future Watch > Hitachi 1 TB HDD

hitachi1tbyw5.jpg

wow nice going from hitachi, now most of downloaders" issues solved :D

@adi it wont be priced at 700$ :p

if the pricing were somewhere near 350-400$ it would sell like hot cake although something makes me think it will be priced around 500-600$ :(

Give it time and it'll drop. The seagate 750 gig drive is already close to 350 after debuting at 500$. I think seagate will be first out of the blocks with a 1 TB drive.

Back