This is the GREATEST. You BROADBAND FANATICS HAVE TO SEE THIS.

Nikhil

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I was downloading SCARY MOVIE 3 and 712MB was finished in 30 mins. Bleieve it or not. I have no idea how it happened. I have a simple 128kbps connection from Exattnet. I pay 650/- p.m for unlimited download.

http://img188.echo.cx/img188/5863/109up.jpg

This is just one.

This one HERE is a snapshot of 4 of my images showing the impossibly high speeds. The one in the middle showing a 8.43KBPS speed is the speed I got while downloading another file after finishing the SCARY MOVIE 3 download.

What do you think is the reason???

I started downloading the movie long back but stopped it in the middle(around 40%). Then, today after almost 2 weeks, resumed the download. And this is what happens.

What do you guys think????

And this is really not a trick. I am really confused(not in a sad way obviously). I am seriosuly stumped. You guys want more info, please ask and I will try to give you as many as possible. I took 25 screenshots of this to put what was happening beyond any doubt. Yes!!!! 25. I am not joking. This really happened.

maybe ther numberof sources were lots,maybe it had already downloaded lots last time and forgotten to update the '% of completion',maybe it was ur neighbou who had the movie :p
anyway...good for u.

This EXACT thing happened to me!!!! EXACT thing, And JUST like you, i took a screenshot. Exept i was on Airtel Broadband, 128 kbps. Was downloading some music file from an unknown website, it went offtrack. your went 350 kBps ? mine
went this -
http://img138.echo.cx/img138/7996/happydownloading7vi.jpg

Clicked the song for download, it was stuck on that speed for 3 secs, i quicky took a snap and saved it. if only that speed was permenant.....

edit - i was on Sify BB that time.

Once when I was downloading a file with my MTNL Dial-Up conx with my USRobotics 56k modem this is what I got :O Never got this speed again :(

Max of 11.2 MB/s !!

Well on dialup 11.2MB/s is impossible, even 11.2KB/s is impossible without compression.. Thats just a glitch.

With you cable thru LAN guys, it might happen cause the person sharing the file maybe on the same network therefore giving high speeds. Thats the only probably reason I can think of, other than a glitch.

Mine stayed at that speed for almost 20 mins. I told you ---- I have taken 25 screenshots. After the first 2 mins, I went to the folder where the downloads are usually saved and saw the file that was being downloaded(scary movie 3). It was 335MB. And from then on, it kept increasing to 712MB in record time.

If you want, I will really upload each and every picture and show it to you. Also check the times of each screen. It was not just something for 1 or 2 secs. It lasted for a looong time.

no big deal da, the proxy these guys use are buggy, so at times, ur speds shots up due to the glitches in proxy :p

Well it happens yaar my friend who has got 64k Tataindicom connection gets 100kb/sec download speed and he pays 800 bucks a month. I saw with my own eyes

Also i get download speeds of 10-12 kb/sec on my dialup while downloading some torrents

heh, sify too goes bizzark sometimes. Just today few minutes ago i went to download a driver from guru3d.com and it went bizzark and downloaded the driivers at speed of freakin 120KBps. This happens with sify 128K and 256K connections too often. Usually at about 8-10PM.

The highest speed over the long period of time that i got was 80KBps when i downloaded entire windows XP X64 trial from M$ site.

I got 200kBps continuous for 24 hours on a Sify 64kbps time basis connection (free Sundays).
Downloaded 3 GB in one day! Cud have dlded more, but cud think of nothing more (or more appropriately - what I cud think of, I cud not find)

yeh right LOL

microsoft isnt on my lan

for mine it stayed for hours, i actually didnt almost sleep that night. by the day it was gone, probably connection for uncapped for a night.

sunnydiv said:
yeh right LOL

microsoft isnt on my lan

for mine it stayed for hours, i actually didnt almost sleep that night. by the day it was gone, probably connection for uncapped for a night.

It dosent have to be on your lan for the isp to cache files, to save their bandwidth and give you higher speeds...
Anyway you maybe right and it just got uncapped for a night.

well the reason may b the guy frm whom u were getting the movie was on your lan...........i too got once 60kBps while downloading swordfish......i pm the guy he told he is frm same area but refused to giv other details and then disconnected...but within half hour i was able to get 76mb

I have Got Airtel....and whenever I do the speed test I always get speeds Above 256kbps......like 345 to 460.........i have signed up only for 256........anyway i dont complain lol....and the download speed is awsome.......

Quad Master said:
Nope , i too have got those insane download speeds around 150-300KBps for 3Days.
Dont remember with Pacenet or Sify
nope he is getting 300+ only from one user....if it was the case as u suggest then the 300 kBps shuld hve been somewht divided dont u think??

Back