Things worth buying from Dubai

imkaush

Adept
Hi guys,

I am planning a trip to Dubai this Diwali and want to know what electronic thingys are worth buying in Dubai and their current approx. prices there (if possible with import/custom duties to India).

Also some information on the warranty would be appreciated like Int'l warranty available or not and at the additional cost for the same.

My budget is limited as in I will buy products only which are seriously cheaper in Dubai than India

My areas of interest are(in the order of preference) with the quantity for each:

2 Mobile & Accessories (for eg. Iphone 4S, Samsung SII/SIII, Dock, Headphone, etc.)
X DSLR camera/lens/tripod (I have Olympus E-PM1 + kit lens, so either a CANON DSLR+accessories(will sell off E-PM1) or Micro4/3rds lens and tripod for E-PM1)
1 LED TV ( :p )
1 Ipod Touch/Ipod Nano/etc (Dont have any)
X PC Gaming (GFX-card/keyboard,mouce/Games)
1 PS3/XBOX (Dont have any)
1 Laptop (Already have HP dv2601TU(very old) and quite new ASUS 1015PX Netbook)

Remember you can import Max Rs.35000.00 without paying Custom Duty,
Mobile Phone I suggest you dont take one while going so that you can open the box and get it along with you as your personal phone, lappy I think is allowed custom free. If your planning a LED TV Max 32" is allowed Duty free. Suggest you you get it wrapped in Green Plastic film while coming back from the Dubai Airport so that if your getting a High end model you can slip by without paying for the duty.

All the best.. try to stay for a minimum of 7 days there to enjoy yourself completely anything less you will regret.

Remember you can import Max Rs.35000.00 without paying Custom Duty,
Mobile Phone I suggest you dont take one while going so that you can open the box and get it along with you as your personal phone, lappy I think is allowed custom free. If your planning a LED TV Max 32" is allowed Duty free. Suggest you you get it wrapped in Green Plastic film while coming back from the Dubai Airport so that if your getting a High end model you can slip by without paying for the duty.

All the best.. try to stay for a minimum of 7 days there to enjoy yourself completely anything less you will regret.

Hey thanks for the info!!!

Keep invoice of the products handy, cause you may need it at the Indian Customs, get yourself lots of chocolates, its cheap and a lot of variety is available. Wifi is free @ DXB Airport njoyself.
Njoy the heat! buy a 5 Liter Jar of water from shopping Mall, bottles will be very expensive, the safari is worth it, skip the cruise its not worth it... day sight seeing is good. if you got time check out Sharjah as well.

I didnt require a TV so didnt buy it... but thats the trend (upto 32" is free to import)

I bought an iPhone 4 32GB from the Meena bazaar area in Bur Dubai... For ~Rs.27k

Parents bought some gold ornaments (due to good quality of gold and design)

That's about it...

Back