Things to buy from USA

Aarvee

Disciple
Hi all,

I am currently in US for 3 months.
Planning to buy few things like a laptop, a good IEM and probably a router too.
Also, i might pick up some computer parts like RAM, HDD etc.
Are they worth buying here in USA ?
What are the trade-offs ?
What else can be bought at a good price in US ?
Also, please let me know which websites can i look for some good deals ?

Regards,
Aarvee.

If you dont have an android phone and if you want one..you can buy the dual core atrix 4g on ebay.com....will save lot of money than the other dual core mobiles...

Watches, Shoes are the ones to get. RAM/HDD are priced similar or even cheaper here sometimes. CPU's dont have a big difference, but Mobos (the SandyBridge ones) are a lot cheaper there.. But warranty is an issue.

Good deals will be laptops, gaming consoles, ipods ,,,,warranty will be a issue for phones otherwise gud 2 purchase there...

if kids are there then kids dresses are cheap and remote cars etc will be cheaper there....

The best deals to have in USA are with apparel and accessories, clothes, shoes, jeans, suits, shirts etc. But you need to know which brands to shop and where to shop for them.

surya_neo said:
If you dont have an android phone and if you want one..you can buy the dual core atrix 4g on ebay.com....will save lot of money than the other dual core mobiles...
Hey Surya,
Thanks for the reply.
Did u find any good deal or Atrix ?
but, warranty is an issue. right ?
Pls send it to me coz i am right now burdened with work here.
Clocking around 12-14 hrs in a day. :-(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dr.sankhadeep said:
@dr.sankhadeep - i am a noob with IEMs. Should i look for triplefi or are there any options ?
I have an iphone.

vpraveenis said:
Watches, Shoes are the ones to get. RAM/HDD are priced similar or even cheaper here sometimes. CPU's dont have a big difference, but Mobos (the SandyBridge ones) are a lot cheaper there.. But warranty is an issue.
hmmm... watches and shoes. I havent really thought abt them. do u have any website at hand ?
Looks liks it doesnt make much sense to buy peripherals from US.

mayi said:
Good deals will be laptops, gaming consoles, ipods ,,,,warranty will be a issue for phones otherwise gud 2 purchase there...

if kids are there then kids dresses are cheap and remote cars etc will be cheaper there....

@Mayi - i am looking for deals on laptops. Please let me know if you find anything worthwhile.
but, what abt warranty ?
gaming consoles, i am not really sure if my wife would agree. ;-)
I dont have kids yet, but can buy a couple of them for my nephew. Thanks for the suggestion.

rite said:
The best deals to have in USA are with apparel and accessories, clothes, shoes, jeans, suits, shirts etc. But you need to know which brands to shop and where to shop for them.
Exactly my question, where should i look for them :)

Low end stuff at Macys outlets or Malls with respective stores.

Mid range and mid end with some high end stuff at Nordstrom or Saks Fifth Avenue.

What about routers ?
There's a deal on newegg on Asus Rt-N16 for $88.99.
$78.99 after mail-in rebate card.
Receive a $10 prepaid card by mail from ASUS! Expires on 6/30/11.
Is this a worth buy ? what's the pricing in india ?

Asus wont service it in india.

Here it is priced around 6.5 k.

I suggest you buy laptop or atrix .

Its best deal for dual core phone.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Please let me know if you come across any good deals in laptops.
I am looking for a 14" Core i5 combo for home purposes.

Get Action Figures... Dozens of Action Figures...

And get some Crosman & Gamo Air Rifles and pellets and Gerber and SOG Knives... :D

Back