The Witcher Enhanced Edition (Director's Cut) - Discussion Thread

Spend around 2-3 hours in 4th chapter this chapter is funny I think most of the story revolves around a love triangle. Voice acting at some places are really bad. Some situations ( or animations) really feels funny when actually they are serious. Still The game is kickass!

Well it was a really small studio at that point and what they pulled off is still impressive, you should read an article EG did abt them a few years back here.
At least you got to play the enhanced edition, I found the copy locally one month after its release and damn was it plagued with long loading times and bugs but i still completed it anyways, there's something about some games that makes you fuzzy like a sixth sense that tells you the devs really have poured their heart and soul into it. Pity I haven't felt that way since i played Deus Ex: HR.

P.S Absolutely hated that swamp area, felt so hostile in the initial levels. Can't wait for TW3, hope the story ends with a bang.

Well it was a really small studio at that point and what they pulled off is still impressive, you should read an article EG did abt them a few years back here.
At least you got to play the enhanced edition, I found the copy locally one month after its release and damn was it plagued with long loading times and bugs but i still completed it anyways, there's something about some games that makes you fuzzy like a sixth sense that tells you the devs really have poured their heart and soul into it. Pity I haven't felt that way since i played Deus Ex: HR.

P.S Absolutely hated that swamp area, felt so hostile in the initial levels. Can't wait for TW3, hope the story ends with a bang.
Thanks for the link.:) The game still has some problems the Trade Quarter map of chapter 3 has frame rate issues & the game crashes often as I had mentioned earlier.
I too am looking forward for TW3. Btw I think I have along way to go before I start TW3. First I have to complete the witcher & its dlc then TW2.

Last edited:
Please give the last save game via PM. I will use it in Witcher 3. Thanks...

That's the first game, you can't import the saves from the first to the third.
I have the saves from Witcher 2 where
i let Letho walk away in the end
, let me know if you want em.

You can download all the save games for TW2 or TW1 from nexusmods.com. All different type of save games are available there. Check it out.

Also for witcher 3, you don't really need TW2 saves because you can simulate a conversation when the prologue ends and pick the options yourself when you talk about it with some Nilfgaardian guy.

Though TW1 saves are useful to import in TW2, got some armour and swords from the very beginning. The silver blade is lost in TW2 prologue so a save having moonblade or something is useful until you can forge a better or stronger silver sword, otherwise you will start the game without one, which is actually challenging and fun.

Back