The Symbian Thread

^^ I dont think like if a same range phone is launched with a different O/s then the old O/s will be orphaned, since even after WP7, Nokia has come with Belle which still awaits one more update. It just an option given to the customer. If a customer wants a phone @ the range of 10k with BELLE o/s he can opt for the Nokia 500, on the contrary if another customer wants a WP7 in the same range he can opt for the Nokia 610...

Yes actually I was looking at the Nokia 610 as a possibility but I thought it would be priced around 12K.

My wife has been using the C6-00. Any chance that it will get Belle?

#Roxtin, the Lumia 800 and N8 both are powerful devices, with the 800 having a slight edge being a far more mature OS. It boils down to a matter of choice and comfort factor with the (lack of) features of a particular OS. I have been on Symbian (S60v5) for long and as much as I like it, I find WP7 superior overall. As a multimedia device though N8 kills competition.

go for the n8 provided you are ready to sacrifice sygic mobile maps which imo is beautiful which is incompatible with belle. Otherwise its an excellent phone especially because of its price...

Used the OVI Maps after a long time. WOW ! The latest version is amazingly fast ! gets the GPS lock on much quicker than earlier.

Back