The Symbian^3 Thread

Yup composite video output is enabled as well in the device. Its very nifty to view content on older devices.

Btw.. talking about connectivity. The S^3 devices just got DLNA support ! Absolutely enjoying it on the E7 and N8. Install the Nokia Play-To app from Beta Labs !

312778589.jpg

There is beauty in simplicity too. And maybe the ability to speak on the phone without installing an app to kill other apps for battery management.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Yup composite video output is enabled as well in the device. Its very nifty to view content on older devices.

Btw.. talking about connectivity. The S^3 devices just got DLNA support ! Absolutely enjoying it on the E7 and N8. Install the Nokia Play-To app from Beta Labs !

312778589.jpg
Thanks for the inputs. This was one of the main concerns because if i have an old TV without HDMI then i should not be in a position not to use the phone / watch video on TV etc.

Btw Dhruv, have query for you on newer nokia devices. Answer them if possible

Is there a Nokia N8 type devices expected but with bit lower specs (read about leaked Nokia T7 but will probably be Nokia N7)

Also now that we know X7 may probably launch next month in India, what launch price / street price you expect for that device and will it cause any price drops in N8/E7 prices ?

Btw what exactly is DLNA ?? :ashamed:

Googling too from side

^DLNA = Digital Living Network Alliance..basically allowing you to share media between compatible devices without wires, e.g. WMP11, PS3, Nokia N8 etc.

How do I get the PlayTo app to work? It keeps on saying "scanning for devices", never found my PC. Or can it be only used with consumer electronic items?

Guys,

How do i get a live weather widget in Symbian 3 in the dektop screen? (like Android devices)

I use a C6-01 recently and except the battery life, I am loving this lovely device.

Thanks a lot in advance for answering.

Abhishek

Back