Health & Fitness The Sunglasses Maintenance thread.

Hi All,
Need help to remove scratches from one of the best sunglasses I have ever owned.

This Under Armour sunglass was purchased way back in 2016 and has been a solid buy for me.

Heavily used- treks , snow , beach, rains.

Now I see lot of scratches appeared as I have opened it after quite sometime .

When wearing I can see some scratches too making vision little difficult.
I am not able to find the same piece .
I think UA only makes handful of them and then discountue them.
Not able to find them in USA websites too.

They were just perfect for me .
Is there any ways I can fix this?.
Any help will be appreciated.

Edit- tried with luke warm water. Does not help much.
Internet youtube says use toothpaste and other combinations like baking soda etc but they would just destroy the coating of the glass.

I know I have to buy another other but I dont know why UA would discontinue just amazing piece of glasses.

Attachments

• IMG20230608165216.jpg
    IMG20230608165216.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG20230608165132.jpg
    IMG20230608165132.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Are those really scratches ? I can see thick oily greasy like smudges and they can be easily cleaned using the regular lens cleaner.
Why not walk-in to your nearest spectacle shop and get an experts advise?

Are those really scratches ? I can see thick oily greasy like smudges and they can be easily cleaned using the regular lens cleaner.
Why not walk-in to your nearest spectacle shop and get an experts advise?
Yes.
Got them cleaned with luke warm water so some of that has cleaned.
But there are quite some scratches too.
I will do check with some spectacle shop also.

Yes.
Got them cleaned with luke warm water so some of that has cleaned.
But there are quite some scratches too.
I will do check with some spectacle shop also.
I had this issue with my lenskart spectacles and they issued me a complete replacement. I just used that very specs only twice yet it developed scratches as if using them for years.

Yeah even I am wondering if those toothpaste and baking soda hacks even work without damaging the goggles even more. Best to speak with the optician as @nRiTeCh suggests before even trying those out.
Yes. I am not trying them unless I decide to take the risk as I have a feeling I might have to discard these.

I had this issue with my lenskart spectacles and they issued me a complete replacement. I just used that very specs only twice yet it developed scratches as if using them for years.

Lenskart seems to be quite good with customer service. Never tried though but some people I know have been happy with them too.

Edit:
Manage to grab some UA sunglasses deal here on Amazon India.

I just hope they are original . WIll probably still hold on to this one too and use them in very normal walks and hikes.

I have seen how decahtlon has started increasing the price of their polarized sunglasses too. So not much cheap option for good polarized sunglasses in India.

I have cheap Aliexpress ones too got some time back and they work nice too to be honest . gets the job done but they feel cheap and clarity when compared to even decathlon is not exactly there.
But they are nice for day to day need .

Anyways incase someone is interested . Good offers on UA glasses on Amazon India. check them out and if you buy 4 you get 10% off further.

Last edited:
It's a laminated lens, right? I think one of the glass layer has been shattered.

If you like the frame, shouldn't you be able to get lenses made for it?

Back