The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

Galaxy Nexus is getting Jelly Bean (4.1) soon! Can't wait :D
@ashttrix Battery life is about the same as other Android phones like Galaxy SII. I get around 24-30 hours of backup with ~ 2 hrs of screen-on time. ~ 20-24 hours with ~4 hrs of screen-on time.

Regarding lack of micro-sd, you can buy a OTG cable and connect USB drives to it. Not the most elegant solution, but works fine :)

Yeah.. and mostly key lime pie as well.. :)

20~24 hrs backup with 4 hrs of screen time.. that's pretty slick too. How does the PowerVR sgx540 hold up, considering its pretty long in the tooth now? Incidently my Atrix 2 has the same GPU and it fares decently enough to play Temple Run and Shine Runner..

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty good in day to day usage. I am not into heavy 3D games on Android. It works pretty well with whatever games I play (Temple Run, Where's my water, Cross Court Tennis, Flick Soccer and the types).

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Yeah.. and mostly key lime pie as well.. :)

Of course, it will get that as well. The most important word in my post about Jelly Bean was "soon" :)

Okay.. So was watching Google I/O and looks like Jelly Bean would be out to Nexus by mid of next month.. Now seriously considering getting a Nexus.. Is it better to buy from maniac store site or through ebay (with coupon)? Anybody here who has bought the Nexus from ebay who can give suggestion on any good sellers..?
Cheers..

Okay.. So was watching Google I/O and looks like Jelly Bean would be out to Nexus by mid of next month.. Now seriously considering getting a Nexus.. Is it better to buy from maniac store site or through ebay (with coupon)? Anybody here who has bought the Nexus from ebay who can give suggestion on any good sellers..?
Cheers..

Well,i would recommend checking for the phone locally first and then going for Ebay or Maniacstore
I got mine locally so had a chance to check it out personally for any defects before purchasing it
But then there are reliable sellers on ebay like Samsung Galaxy Nexus Mobile In Excellent Condition - With All Accessories | eBay

NEXUS Q... WOW Supercool

Nexus Q is a completely different device,Its basically a streaming media player along the lines of AppleTV
So,Off-topic :p

Cheers..

Get it locally from mobile stores. But, I would suggest you wait a couple of days since Google has lowered the price of the GNex in US. I am assuming the price of GNexus is going to drop in India as well.

Hey guys can anyone tell me the current price of galaxy nexus at alfa?
since the online retailers are continuing to increase there price

Got to taste the Jelly Bean, Jelly bean brings a whole new life to Galaxy Nexus, Its buttery smooth with awesome new animations. Feels like google pampering their customers with sweets :p

why dont you get it from maniac stores ? it was open box but the seller assured me that it is unused and it was indeed, all stickers were in place. no problems whatsoever.. also there's an option for COD, he delivered mine in 2 days.. now running cm9 without any problems. battery life now seems a little bit better than stock, he's also giving a 6 month warranty..

why dont you get it from maniac stores ? it was open box but the seller assured me that it is unused and it was indeed, all stickers were in place. no problems whatsoever.. also there's an option for COD, he delivered mine in 2 days.. now running cm9 without any problems. battery life now seems a little bit better than stock, he's also giving a 6 month warranty..

maniac stores has increase the price to 24,490 INR
& i think that that in grey market we can get it for around 22,000 INR

Guys even i am planning to buy the nexus. But want some clarity on the mass storage mode, the camera performance and the battery life. I have heard that not many apps and games are made to run on the 720 resolution, is this true? This will be my first dual core phone and am expecting a good performance from it. Will it suffice my need? Also i am sure many of the users have bought it from Mumbai. I would like to know from where and for how much?

@jaycha,
A week ago the price for a GNex in Alfa was 23.5K,I dunno the current updated prices
If you want the updated price,lemme know i'll enquire over there

@comp@addict,
No,Alfa doesn't ship anywhere...You have to locally pick it up
But if you decide to purchase it from Alfa,lemme know and i can ship the phone to you
@pratzgh1
The phone is really great,the battery kinda stings sometimes on heavy usage but its the same story with all smartphones
You will find a lot of HD games out there in the market to play,so don't worry
One word,If you have a budget of 23K just get this baby...no looking back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
jaycha,
A week ago the price for a GNex in Alfa was 23.5K,I dunno the current updated prices
If you want the updated price,lemme know i'll enquire over there

@comp@addict,
No,Alfa doesn't ship anywhere...You have to locally pick it up
But if you decide to purchase it from Alfa,lemme know and i can ship the phone to you
pratzgh1
The phone is really great,the battery kinda stings sometimes on heavy usage but its the same story with all smartphones
You will find a lot of HD games out there in the market to play,so don't worry
One word,If you have a budget of 23K just get this baby...no looking back :)

i wanna buy this phone......i'm from andhrapradesh......thought of buying this phone since 2 wks and maniacstores increased price for about 1500rs.........
can i get it in chennai for 23.5k???????

i thnk ebay might reduce the prices after this 10% coupon validity ends............

thought of buying this phone from U.S through aramex for 349USD plus shipping........but those ****ing apple put case against nexus

UPgraded to JB ( leaked build at google I/O)

Impressions:
The speed is just woa !
The battery life has been mildly hit, its either because its a release build or because the cpu+gpu are working really heard for the butter smooth UI
Google NOW is interesting
In the gallery two notable features - flick UP to delete and camera roll view
Notifiations - they are a lot more useful now, especially with the pinch to zoom and additional features.
Voice dicatation - better than siri - isn't dettered by the accent + the speed of translation is 5x faster. accuracy is 2x better

screenshot2012070214075.png

screenshot2012070213575.png

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5350/screenshot2012070213570.png[IMG/]

[IMG]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4066/screenshot2012070213561.png

screenshot2012070212543.png

screenshot2012070212531.png

screenshot2012070213570.png

Back