The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Crossx said:
^^^Thanks abhifusion, but that suggestion is already in the link provided :)

BTW, are you on eclairs or froyo, what configuration do you have?

yeah but its not linked :huh: ... my spica is on CM8.2 + GPS fix + ckMod kernel + Intercept 3D drivers + GreenDevDroid Ultimate theme :)
ms_mahu said:
With Froyo I don't think you have to rely on Apps2SD. It supports moving applications to SD card. Tried swapping cards on a Zte blade, if works if you copy contents of your old card to new via PC.

It supports app2sd indeed , but then you have to move them each manually to sd ... But I enabled app2sd through samdroid tools ported for CM , it automatically installs any app on sd ...
swordfish123 said:
Go through this thread. He has started charging $20 for this. Get it to Samsung service center first and check if they can help you

COMPLETE IMEI RESTORE HOW-TO

^+1 or reflash it with Odin using original firmware , it'll get rid of root and samdroid bootloader , then give it to samsung service center ...

swordfish123 said:
Go through this thread. He has started charging $20 for this. Get it to Samsung service center first and check if they can help you

COMPLETE IMEI RESTORE HOW-TO
Guys, in future please make backup of /efs folder from the recovery and save it somewhere safe. So if you get IMEI error, then just follow the tutorial on the link and use the contents in /efs folder to revive the IMEI.

With Froyo I don't think you have to rely on Apps2SD

Froyo App2sd is a joke. It just puts part of the file on SD. Its best to enable app2sd from Samdroid tools.

Update to v4. Its faster than v3 for me.CPU at idle is increased to 266Mhz. Phone feels much faster than before. Just updated, so cant comment on the battery backup.

^^its the same thing. Even the all2ext internally moves everything one by one to ext2.

New Kernels getting released every other day making my spica faster than ever.

I m new to andriod and i have a few queries, i own the i5700 now, its modded with CyanogenMod Version 6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3 (Android 2.2.1) as of now, but i cant get it to connect to samsung pc suite.
* Also mp4 videos are not playing. Have installed 8.3 INtercept 3D Drivers though.
* Whats the benefit of converting it to ext2?
* Everytime i use gmail app i have to manually turn on/off the (mobile data)edge using power widget. How to autmatically switch it on/off with the app.

Why do you want to connect it to KIES? I have never used that software. Uninstall it and install this. It will install only the necessary drivers for your spica to be detected on your PC. Needed for flashing through Odin.

mp4 playback has issues on CyanogenMod. It used to play fine on samdroid eclair (2.1). Try yxplayer. Have not tried it myself as i dont play any vids on my mobile. But many are using this on CM 8.3

Convert your data, cache, to ext2. It will decrease boot time and time to open apps which are installed on phone memory like contact, msg, phone

Dont know any app which does that. Get a 500mb -1gb plan and keep it always on. I use EDGE for checking mails, occasional download from market, map, FB and twitter. It usually is around 300mb of data per month with EDGE always on.

swordfish123 said:
Why do you want to connect it to KIES? I have never used that software. Uninstall it and install this. It will install only the necessary drivers for your spica to be detected on your PC. Needed for flashing through Odin.

mp4 playback has issues on CyanogenMod. It used to play fine on samdroid eclair (2.1). Try yxplayer. Have not tried it myself as i dont play any vids on my mobile. But many are using this on CM 8.3

Convert your data, cache, to ext2. It will decrease boot time and time to open apps which are installed on phone memory like contact, msg, phone

Dont know any app which does that. Get a 500mb -1gb plan and keep it always on. I use EDGE for checking mails, occasional download from market, map, FB and twitter. It usually is around 300mb of data per month with EDGE always on.
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Coverted to ext2. i m on airtel 98 rs/month plan. Works gr8.

Also i applied Lukiqq Kernel V4 + Intercept 3D + VideoFix + SSSwitch v06F fixed: -- Man it Damn fast. Really feel the diff in speed.

Guys my phone is acting a lil weird, Lukiqq's kernel not working, Handcent SMS not working, Slow response et all.

So i've decided to re-install everything, Are there new versions of .tar .pda files for spica? I plan to do it from scratch from Odin. And is there anything better than CM 6.1.1 alpha 8.3?

And can you help me on backing up EVERYTHING and restoring it later, My apps, settings and other stuff?

Can someone please tell me how to get the fastest spica :(

I am still on v4 kernel. I find CM 8.3 + 3d driver + Luqikk v4 + all to ext2 quite stable and fast. v5 slowed down my phone and there were random reboots. v6 has quite a few issues.

You can make a backup of ODIN package or tar of data, system and efs to backup and restore your current settings in recovery. If you want to backup just the apps try titanium backup.

I have a few queris regarding i5700
is there any battery issue {some review says battery is horrible}
does i5700 have a pc site like nokia have to connect internet to pc

Soyab0007 said:
is there any battery issue {some review says battery is horrible}
If some review says It then It must be true.

Soyab0007 said:
does i5700 have a pc site like nokia have to connect internet to pc

It is a very rude question to ask, unless to a samsung sales person.

Battery life is great. I used to go on without charging for almost 3 days. I am currently on some experimental kernels. Performance has increased, but battery has taken a hit. Runs good for 1-1.5 days.

Lot of apps like pdanet to connect to pc and use internet.

Back