The Samsung Galaxy S thread

knanda said:
Hi guys..
My phone has DDJG4..Which is the latest firmware available as of now??
Is it worth upgrading to that??
DDJG4 or just JG4 is the latest official firmware, I just checked it.

Btw, Im in need of a bluetooth headset to use with SGS. any suggestions from people who are using one would be welcome... :) usage will include lots of songs and ebooks.

SGS Rocks...Tapatalk too!

khanvis2009 said:
Looks ok, but quite expensive. I guess prices will come down when more cases become available
Here's another one from the same seller - this one is a silicone case - not sure what's the difference between this and the jelly case.

http://cgi.ebay.in/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S...?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item4aa4643649

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kalpik said:
@arvnd: JM7 is a bit smoother, and is giving better battery backup.
Thanks kalpik, I guess I'll just hold on to JM6 for now until froyo or something significantly better is out.

arvnd said:
Looks ok, but quite expensive. I guess prices will come down when more cases become available

Here's another one from the same seller - this one is a silicone case - not sure what's the difference between this and the jelly case.

eBay India: SAMSUNG GALAXY S i9000 SOFT SILICON CASE (item 320585610825 end time 11-Sep-2010 13:10:02 IST)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thanks kalpik, I guess I'll just hold on to JM6 for now until froyo or something significantly better is out.

prices reduced now

jovi said:
Thanks!

This is gr8... was looking for a screen protector and ordered this... http://www.fommy.co.in/Samsung/Amzer-Super-Clear-Screen-Protector-with-Cleaning-P89064.htm

its not that pricey and a couple of youtube videos show Amzer (never heard them b4) as on-par-with-any-gud company.

its gr8 they have INR prices and accept debit cards.

Thanks jovi...repped u ;-)

@khanvis2009 - yeah, prices reduced much quicker than expected.

Still the Amzer case looks more promising and cheaper too. The ebay jelly case has no reviews/descriptions so no idea if it's good. I think I'll be ordering Amzer one.

Thanks for the info jovi :)

@aruka, do post a quick review one u get the screen protector.

^^ Oh..ok..thanks for the info. I didnt know he was the seller. @khanvis, do you have any more details on the case? Any links or reviews on the net ?
And yeah...amazon reviews for the amzer case look real bad !! ..thanks for the warning.

I just bought a new Galaxy S and Wave, both phones are amazing

Although the features and functionality are top notch, there are bound to be some things which do not suit my taste.

Just thought Ill lay it out and see if you guys have the same problem and any solutions :

1, Synced contacts via gmail but instead of my contacts , it brought down all the contacts even unnneded ones. I think now I have do delete all of them and just use the phone contacts.

Any way to just sync with the My contacts of gmail ?

2. The headset only pauses/plays music using its button, I thought the logical thing would be pause/play on single press and next track on long press. Any workarounds ?

that fommy site is useless .. when i had an hd2 i ordered a case from them .. it never came ... lost 500 bucks in all that amzer rubbish .. anyway that ebay link is mine .. i reduced the prices drastically as i want to sell the stuff fast ... paid 35$ fedex to get those cases here .. so i put it very high at first but i guess there arent many takers ... so its at 499 each now to help me recover my cost at least. if u guys still want it the price reduced let me know ill see what i can do ..i put it on ebay so that u can use coupons if u have any to get it cheap + ebay is very convenient for me .

but i have only 8 galaxy s cases .. and 1 wave case left .

vortex_mak said:
1, Synced contacts via gmail but instead of my contacts , it brought down all the contacts even unnneded ones. I think now I have do delete all of them and just use the phone contacts.

Open contacts -> menu -> displa options -> only show contacts with phone numbers.

kalpik said:
Open contacts -> menu -> displa options -> only show contacts with phone numbers.
Yeah... For the time being im using that option but I dont want those contacts to be synced at all.. Unnecessary usage of resources.

Thanks for the info though.

vortex_mak said:
Yeah... For the time being im using that option but I dont want those contacts to be synced at all.. Unnecessary usage of resources.

Thanks for the info though.

No resources are being used buddy. Also, you might want to go to GMail, into your contacts, sit down for sometime and sort it out. It'll be much better that way. ;)

vortex_mak said:
I just bought a new Galaxy S and Wave, both phones are amazing

2. The headset only pauses/plays music using its button, I thought the logical thing would be pause/play on single press and next track on long press. Any workarounds ?
I also faced the same problem. after moving from nokia to SGS, this basic rudimentary functionality is not there in a top notch phone, out of box.:S
but, figured a way out. Im now using Meridian player to listen to my music collections. single press to pause and play. And, 'double press' to skip to next track.;)
Still, I cant find a way to skip to 'next station' in FM radio. clicking the headset button while listening to FM radio kicks on the music player.:mad: and both FM radio and music player plays simultaneously.:mad: any ways to straighten this out?

Actually resources are being used. Phone memory and GPRS bandwidth are being used to pull it down plus there are the contact photos as well. The lag issue is well known and hundreds of extra contacts exemplifies it while opening the phonebook. In any case, however small the resource usage, I never like to keep useless

I can sort the contact but gmail keeps on adding anyone I send a mail to in the contacts list

Back