The real reason why you don't get a charger with your phone

Apple wants a pie of the advertising space and these privacy limitations are nothing but new digital toll naka. Since I am from the industry, we followed this news more carefully and there is talk about silently releasing their Apple Advertising ID gatekeeping service so all those who wish to target iOS devices must do on terms set by Apple.
Very well said...this seems like the Apple DNA....market the hell out of saying something and just forget about it in a year or 2...keep shouting something at the top of their lungs and do something else...They are a money-grabbing, greedy company that has never stopped at anything to earn more money...why would they start now? In fact, even right now, they take 12 billion dollars from google annually so that google can harvest its users' data

who needs a stylus? who needs a bigger screen?
Trust is hard to come by and I stopped trusting apple the day they deliberately slowed down their older phones with their updates to force people to buy new ones.

Dont say it on this forum...a lot of apple fanbois here...when I told them this with proof of articles they, especially an nri called boo, started abusing me openly on the forum and started following me around on every thread

Last edited:
Every company is as greedy as they can be. Every company looks to maximise their bottom line.

Apple is the industry leader and hence it dictates the direction, for better or for worse. There is not a single company I would prefer over another because all of them have the same objective.

At the end of the day, it is up to the consumer to make a choice as Apple does not operate in isolation. People pay the Apple premium because they get the perceived value from it.

Samsung tries to match Apple in pricing but they have to drop their prices by $200-300 within a fortnight because they don't have the same brand value or provide the same experience.

There is nothing stupid about this. Apple has a lot of favour with high-earners because for them the cost is minimal in comparison to the money they make off it by saving time and effort in using the device.

It is basically people who can't afford the products or those obsessed with specs that feel a compulsion to mock Apple even as they continue to be more profitable than ever.

I still remember when I purchased the iPhone 7 on launch day as my first iPhone since it was the first to be officially launched in India and when I went to review it a couple of hours after the launch, there were 200 one-star reviews mocking Apple. The Apple-haters are the worst of the bunch when it comes to fanatics.

Every company is as greedy as they can be. Every company looks to maximise their bottom line.

Apple is the industry leader and hence it dictates the direction, for better or for worse. There is not a single company I would prefer over another because all of them have the same objective.

At the end of the day, it is up to the consumer to make a choice as Apple does not operate in isolation. People pay the Apple premium because they get the perceived value from it.

Samsung tries to match Apple in pricing but they have to drop their prices by $200-300 within a fortnight because they don't have the same brand value or provide the same experience.

There is nothing stupid about this. Apple has a lot of favour with high-earners because for them the cost is minimal in comparison to the money they make off it by saving time and effort in using the device.

It is basically people who can't afford the products or those obsessed with specs that feel a compulsion to mock Apple even as they continue to be more profitable than ever.

I still remember when I purchased the iPhone 7 on launch day as my first iPhone since it was the first to be officially launched in India and when I went to review it a couple of hours after the launch, there were 200 one-star reviews mocking Apple. The Apple-haters are the worst of the bunch when it comes to fanatics.
Maybe it is a bit much to brand someone low income if they mock a certain company.
Or maybe I am just hurt because it is true that I certainly can't afford a 1L phone :)

Maybe it is a bit much to brand someone low income if they mock a certain company.
Or maybe I am just hurt because it is true that I certainly can't afford a 1L phone :)
No man, no stereotyping anyone here. There are people who genuinely enjoy high-end Android devices because of those being at the cutting edge of technology.

However, it is more about the oft repeated "kidney-selling" one-star reviews that are just borne out of some form of jealousy as those people can very well move on with their lives and phones, but yet feel compelled to comment.

Seriously, I haven't seen such reviews crop up in such numbers for Android flagships, due to which it can be generalised that they are directed towards hatred for a specific capitalist company.

Lol.. I think those kidney jokes were funny for the first million times. Quite boring these days. I think those jokes are more about jumping on a trend for fun than anything else. You are right and It is true that there is plenty to love and hate about all companies who eventually care only so much about the environment, users etc till it makes their bottomline look good.

Samsung's deleted tweet and apples bundling of lightning to C instead of usb to lightning cable - these two should be enough for anyone in doubt about what really matters.

Right. people who don't agree with me are the worst... They must be Those who can't afford things... Those who are dumb or poor... What an ordinary way of negating others' opinion to cling on to your beliefs... Can't they simply be those who find your opinions to be completely wrong... Those who completely hate the products you love... Nope, these people have to be inferior to me somehow, which is why they can't realize what i have realized

Samsung is no better than Apple. Any company is not better than another company. I don't understand why people don't realize that and why do fanatics keep defending apple even with their own reliability at stake. They just can't comprehend that the thing they have spent so much money on isn't the perfect thing in the world they believe it to be. When the other person refuses to back down in the face of advertising or an apple fanboi group, they then try to rationalize their thinking by making up reasons to say that the other person is inferior in some way

Last edited:
I still remember when I purchased the iPhone 7
Apple has a lot of favour with high-earners because for them the cost is minimal in comparison to the money they make off it by saving time and effort in using the device.
I presume you are one of the high-earners. Do you have any absolute numbers on how much more money you made after getting your iPhone 7 by saving time and effort?

I presume you are one of the high-earners. Do you have any absolute numbers on how much more money you made after getting your iPhone 7 by saving time and effort?
Wow, you must be really delusional to make a post personal. Did I say that I am one of the high earners who has suddenly benefited from an iPhone? Over the past 10 years, I have owned 6 Android and 2 iOS phones. The iPhone SE is the only Apple device I have and I only purchased it because I got it for 23k. I simply use what I feel works best for me.

It doesn't take much to research the market segmentation of Android vs iOS. You can find several studies and surveys.

The irony is that most of the competing company CEOs end up using iPhones.

When I referred to the fact about how Apple is preferred by high-earners, I am referring to people from professions like designing, photography and editing who benefit significantly from not having to tinker with their devices to get things right. These are the people who purchase the USD 50000 Mac Pro or USD 1500 iPhone Pro, because it furthers their profession.

Whichever way you look at it, there is still an aspirational tag attached to the iPhone for various reasons and that is what ruffles a lot of feathers when it should not.

Last edited:
This has probably been done to death - but just a couple of points from someone who is old enough to have flipped between OSs (mobile and desktop) bunches of times.

- Are Apple products aspirational, esp in India - Yes
- Do some people, especially in the 20-25 demographic buy Apple with the primary intention of showing off - Yes
- Does that make people who prefer apple (specifically for end user computing only) due to general convenience/ ease of usage/ less time spent tweaking etc idiots / iSheep / whatever - No

Speaking for myself, Over the years, I have noticed that I spend less time on tweaks/ optimization/ troubleshooting when on iOS / OS X than when on Android/ Windows
And while the latter was a fun pursuit on its own when I was in my 20s, it progressively turned from fun to a chore - time that I could better utilize elsewhere - like play with my kid or dogs - or head out for a beer with friends.

Also , the TCO with Apple has turned out to be lower than others because of the far better resale I have got for say my MBAs/MBPs than Dells/ Surfaces etc
and similarly for iphone/ ipad over Samsung/ One Plus etc

In any case, many iOS/ OS X users on this forum or elsewhere are way too old/ boring/ whatever to even think of, let alone attempt showing off by using Cupertino products.
Does that not make it reverse snobbery to call someone who prefers Apple products a brainless zombie/ isheep?

PS: To reiterate, I have spent enough time with all major OSs of all forms to say the above with a reasonable amount of conviction

Yeah, but even Android has matured enough that one can use it without feeling the need for tweaking. The last phone I tweaked was the LG G2. After that, all phones I have kept have been completely stock apart from debloating. Not trying to agree with the people who call iPhone owners as sheep or snobs. Just stating that Android is completely usable OOTB as well. What iPhone is definitely better at is getting support in form of OS and security updates, but again Pixel phones also get a pretty long support.
I think people should stop having these discussions as everyone's needs are subjective and after being in an ecosystem for a long time, it is very difficult to make a switch so people from both camps learn to live with the shortcomings for the sake of convenience.

Yeah, but even Android has matured enough that one can use it without feeling the need for tweaking. The last phone I tweaked was the LG G2. After that, all phones I have kept have been completely stock apart from debloating. Not trying to agree with the people who call iPhone owners as sheep or snobs. Just stating that Android is completely usable OOTB as well. What iPhone is definitely better at is getting support in form of OS and security updates, but again Pixel phones also get a pretty long support.
I think people should stop having these discussions as everyone's needs are subjective and after being in an ecosystem for a long time, it is very difficult to make a switch so people from both camps learn to live with the shortcomings for the sake of convenience.

If you notice the pattern here, such threads are usually started by single / same person everywhere with intention of starting flame wars of Android vs Apple and people are falling for it. Not even sure what any of us are getting out of it. It is your (not point to you @rdst_1) money, do whatever you want to do, don't judge others who used it to buy X product.
But it requires a different level of pettiness to keep opening threads to "prove their point". Would love a shadow ban feature in this forum.

Last edited:
If you notice the pattern here, such threads Apple are usually started by single / same person everywhere with intention of starting flame wars of Android vs Apple and people are falling for it. Not even sure what any of us are getting out of it. It is your (not point to you @rdst_1) money, do whatever you want to do, don't judge others who used it to buy X product.
But it requires a different level of pettiness to keep opening threads to "prove their point". Would love a shadow ban feature in this forum.
Dont understand your need to be passive-aggressive instead of directly pointing out the issues you have with anyone personally for posting content that you dont like.

Regarding this thread, only the apple loyalists thought that it is about Apple and became defensive. The thread was about the practice of not providing chargers. If you would have seen the video and my comments, it is not specifically about any particular company but for every company that engages in such money-grabbing practices. However, I guess you and other loyalists, took it as an attack on Apple as inevitably such practices are often started by the greediest companies.

Last edited:
Regarding this thread, only the apple loyalists thought that it is about Apple and became defensive. The thread was about the practice of not providing chargers. If you would have seen the video and my comments, it is not specifically about any particular company but for every company that engages in such money-grabbing practices. However, I guess you and other loyalists, took it as an attack on Apple as inevitably such practices are often started by the greediest companies.

I don't think even a single, so called 'Apple Loyalist' defended this step on this forum.
All people, including me, say that they have to live with such stupid decisions because of the other benefits they get by buying those devices. If you want people to stop buying the stuff by such companies because of such tactics (and you are right in saying that), then Apple users don't have any choice as Android users do. And even in Android one might still end up having to buy from such companies because the devices themselves are fantastic or at least better than the competition. You have to realize that when it comes to Apple products, it is a sellers market because people are so used to the ecosystem and find it very very hard to move on, like I do with Windows 7.

Overall I totally agree with what you said, about having options vs no options. In that sense, I am actually thankful for the Chinese companies. They have at least made Samsung switch from the dreadful j series to a decidedly better m series.

I don't think even a single, so called 'Apple Loyalist' defended this step on this forum

Nope, but they didn't like that people said bad things about the only company they love (imagine loving a company, even adam smith couldn't have thought it possible), so they started defending arbitrary things that are completely unrelated and off-topic.

You can't really blame apple for doing something that other companies are sure to follow. They're not the only ones that are greedy, they're just ahead of the curve.

Overall I totally agree with what you said, about having options vs no options. In that sense, I am actually thankful for the Chinese companies. They have at least made Samsung switch from the dreadful j series to a decidedly better m series.

Nope, but they didn't like that people said bad things about the only company they love (imagine loving a company, even adam smith couldn't have thought it possible), so they started defending arbitrary things that are completely unrelated and off-topic.
Yet, all your posts are related to Apple and make generous use of "greedy" and "human stupidity" which is squarely directed at a single company and users of products from that company. You could do with detaching every post of yours from Apple and discuss about technology in general. No one should care about Apple, Samsung or Xiaomi just because they own a device from that company.

It is about using whatever works the best for you. Paying more for something that someone gets good benefit from is not stupidity, it is just logical.

Yes Huawei CEO has praised Apple and its phones many times including saying he use one himself only when he visits abroad and not in his home country China.

I don’t think he is a fanboy or is he, maybe.

One thing to remember is iPhone 6, which was released in Sep 2015 received iOS update till Oct 2019. Tell me another android phone which was supported for this long.

Of course there are custom roms (My Redmi 2s was running android 10 on custom ROM) but it's not the same optimization as something from the company themselves, esp. considering they have all control over their hardware/software paradigm.

One thing to remember is iPhone 6, which was released in Sep 2015 received iOS update till Oct 2019. Tell me another android phone which was supported for this long.

Of course there are custom roms (My Redmi 2s was running android 10 on custom ROM) but it's not the same optimization as something from the company themselves, esp. considering they have all control over their hardware/software paradigm.

Such updates are not optimized for older iphone. iphone becomes painfully slow if you update it post the 2nd year, better to stick to the older version.

Problem is apple won't even give you security updates till you don't forcefully update your phone. After that they will make it deliberately slower to force you to buy a new one. Please read up on the law suit apple deliberately makes iphone slower.

On android you atleast have the option of a rom. if company provided updates in the 3rd year are so important for you, you can pickup a pixel phone or even a realme phone. There are other options too like Nokia.

The updates and android not beeing smooth comes down to old beliefs which people have from using android many years ago but these things haven't been true for Android for a few years now.

Such updates are not optimized for older iphone. iphone becomes painfully slow if you update it post the 2nd year, better to stick to the older version.

Problem is apple won't even give you security updates till you don't forcefully update your phone. After that they will make it deliberately slower to force you to buy a new one. Please read up on the law suit apple deliberately makes iphone slower.

On android you atleast have the option of a rom. if company provided updates in the 3rd year are so important for you, you can pickup a pixel phone or even a realme phone. There are other options too like Nokia.

The updates and android not beeing smooth comes down to old beliefs which people have from using android many years ago but these things haven't been true for Android for a few years now.
I am Android fan who is using using ios right now so i will say my two cents having tried both.
Agree that Apple used to slow the phones down, I assume that has changed after the lawsuit mess.
Samsung also had to settle a lawsuit by paying millions because they were also caught slowing the phones deliberately.
I have used a poco fand being a nerd I used to keep running benchmarks and record the frame rates during pubg. Over the course of 18 Months, the phone had been slowed down considerably.

It wasn't about the hardware because the benchmarks and pubg frame rates used to go back to great when on pixel experience, Nitrogen OS, Lineage OS and Resurrection Remix (Didn't try others)

What I mean to say is that many manufacturers slow their devices down either knowingly or unknowingly. It isn't an ios or Android thing.
Now about rooting, less than 20% of the a Android phones Have a good community for Roms. Only some Xiaomi phones and Oneplus phones have good support.

Right now i haven't even gotten into the problems with rooting. Many rooms have seLinux set to permissive. Many other roms don't support Twrp unlock password prompt at the start. Which means if the device gets stolen, the thief can easily access the data. If the bootloader is locked then the thief will need to reset the phone and wipe all data. But with an unlocked bootloader, if a Twrp password locking isn't supported, it can be risky.

In short, there are too many troubles with rooting. Also, you need to know what you are doing and it isn't for everyone.

While there are many things Android does better - battery life, charging speed, gcam on budget phones, high refresh rates, 1000x better ux for dual sim usage, ability to clear app data without needing to uninstall an app, good file manager, ability to transfer files using a USB cable, the ability to actually turn off wifi and Bluetooth antenna (ios only disconnects but does not turn off), rooting with xposed framework, ability to stop charging at 80% by using third party apps etc etc

There are some areas where Android can't touch ios - long and on time security updates, Zero frame drops in UI (readers can turn on profile gpu rendering in developer options to check what I mean).

I think for anyone who isn't a nerd, ios is not a bad choice at all. Not value for money maybe, but still a good choice if you are okay paying a bit extra. For nerds (like me), Android is awesome and ios can be frustrating. I had to put my second sim into another phone because the ux on the iphone for switching between sims was so bad. I still love the zero frame drops on ui and the timely and long updates.

Back