The Photography Thread !

sharpened the images and added a new watermark scheme..

let me know which watermarking seems better.. the new one or the one in previous pics :)

308401_10150276592469156_687929155_8096029_6141925_n.jpg

308401_10150276592474156_687929155_8096030_166448_n.jpg

rravikantt said:
^^ New one. No doubt abt it :)

about your 2pics..

both are good.

but if being objective..

the 1st one speaks of a happy family/friendship.

2nd one speaks like the boy in focus is taking care of and is happy about the others in frame. It would have been a stronger point if the boy was a bit older than the rest..say by 3-4years.

so choose one as per your intent :)

madnav said:

about your 2pics..

both are good.

but if being objective..

the 1st one speaks of a happy family/friendship.

2nd one speaks like the boy in focus is taking care of and is happy about the others in frame. It would have been a stronger point if the boy was a bit older than the rest..say by 3-4years.

so choose one as per your intent :)

Thanks for the comment. That helps a lot :)

@rravikantt: My choice is second pic. The overall composition and the mood of happiness is conveyed much better. The reason in my opinion is probably that the attention of viewer is scattered across too many faces in the first photo. The second photo puts the primary/center subject of your composition in his rightful place with much better and natural looking smile than the first pic. The fall-off of the depth creates a nice soft, light atmosphere in the photo while still keeping the smiles on the faces of other subjects visible enough to retain the mood and joyfulness in the overall picture. The first pic is nice, but the second one is way better because it's more natural and candid than the apparent "posing" of the first pic.

iGo said:
@rravikantt: My choice is second pic. The overall composition and the mood of happiness is conveyed much better. The reason in my opinion is probably that the attention of viewer is scattered across too many faces in the first photo. The second photo puts the primary/center subject of your composition in his rightful place with much better and natural looking smile than the first pic. The fall-off of the depth creates a nice soft, light atmosphere in the photo while still keeping the smiles on the faces of other subjects visible enough to retain the mood and joyfulness in the overall picture. The first pic is nice, but the second one is way better because it's more natural and candid than the apparent "posing" of the first pic.
Always better to have a perspective is what reminds me of by reading your reply :)

Can we start sharing perspectives with pics whenever possible? It feels like a better point of inspiration for ametures like me than just frames.... Most of the times we just try to get inspiration from,results n then does not reflect in our efforts due to lack of understanding of the subject... :/

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

madnav said:
Always better to have a perspective is what reminds me of by reading your reply :)

Can we start sharing perspectives with pics whenever possible? It feels like a better point of inspiration for ametures like me than just frames.... Most of the times we just try to get inspiration from,results n then does not reflect in our efforts due to lack of understanding of the subject... :/

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

Good Idea. And its also better to post 1 or 2 pics only per day and explain it. So that, it will be easy to share our comments.

Thank you very much for explaining your perspective @iGo :)

I think its time to start explaining why you clicked that photo, rather than just posting the eye pleasing shots. This way we can improve our perspective a lot.

@karizma

nice composition

correct the tilt in PP

and the image lacks general sharpness

and too much noise reduction has made u loose lot of texture on the bike(stand,handles,brake calipers)

^ unplanned fun trip, so just dumped the D90 in the backpack and left.

The signatures full of shiny stuff and can not accommodate more :(

Back