The Official 'Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit' Thread! [PS3] [X360] [PC]

i hope we can play on lan using hamachi or so

lets get driving .... was waiting for long time for a good racing game

let me complete COD 7 fast

The game runs flawlessly on lower end cards. Even my old 8800GT is able to run it at max details at 1680*1050. Game-play is good, but it's no Most Wanted. I would have liked the free roam option though :( Otherwise its the most fun I've had since NFS-MW, when it comes to the NFS franchise :)

Installed it today morn and had to leave for work. Fired up the game and the intros looked cool. I guess the new Autolog feature should be a win among online players. :)

I think Castlevania can wait a bit. Should target the completion of this title for the upcoming weekend. :p

XTechManiac said:
Thanks for the nutshell review Ethan.
Hmm there is no AA. :-/ But... AFAIK, you can force AA with ATI Catalyst Control Center. Isnt?
Doesn't seem to work. But if you have an ATI 5XXX series card, you can force MLAA, which has been reported to work. But even without that, the game looks pretty good.

^ Happened with me .(Using a Q6600 quad core). The game starts and crashes when it is connecting to Autolog servers. If I totally disconnect my internet , it doesnt crash :S .

Not a single crash so far. All right, enough talk about the performance, now who in here is following this game religiously?

Also though the gameplay is pretty darn good and even graphics is realistic ..I can't help noticing small small glitches (very minor) in the road / light textures. I feel as if something is missing , maybe its because of lack of AA . Overall the game is awesome fun :D

ubergeek said:
hmmmm so for the nth TIME DOES THE PC HAVE MANY PLAYERS FOR THE AUTO LOG TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY?

If you're asking me, then I'm not the right person to guide you on it. Probably be best if the multiplayer community chips in.

OK, for people playing this, how the F do you get the Gold rating on the 'Unlimited Driving Pleasure' level in Oakmont Valley? I tried taking numerous short-cuts provided, also using nitrous to the peak, but can't even cut past the Silver rating. The level has amazing lighting effects. Also I just noticed the rubber-band AI, man this sucks. I'm getting owned in 'Muscle Reflex' level using Camaro SS and 'Sport Car Name Desire' level in Eagle Crest. I saw a couple of cars run into an head-on collision with an on-road vehicle and yet somehow, they magically boost ahead of me in no time. I can literally see them storming across on the map. WTF?

After a day of trying to enable AA, i've finally succeeded. For ATI users, get 10.10e driver. Enable MLAA, Force AA from Catalyst Center. Enjoying 1680x1050 8xAA on ATI!

In any other version (which doesn't have MLAA incl 10.11 drivers), forcing AA from the CC crashes the game.

The game is good once the jagged edges have finally been removed by enabling AA.

It was pissing to see it otherwise - it looked like a PS2 game otherwise!

UPDATE: Got the Silver rating in 'Unlimited Driving Pleasure' level. I think we just need to manoeuvre the corners properly and watch out for the in-coming traffic. It is easily doable if you dodge these 2 parts.

Also Gannu, I tried the McLaren F1 level (The Ultimate Road Car) too and the corners in that are just crazy. Eagle Crest is one f*cked up mountain. It's very difficult to get a Gold in that area. Here's my time:

nfs112010111909241875.jpg

nfs112010111909242792.jpg

nfs112010111909244471.jpg

^^Completed both of those tracks on Gold but I can't manage to strike even the Silver on the Eagle Crest 'The Ultimate Road Car' level using the McLaren F1! Fcuking too many bends on this level across the mountainous terrain and I think I gave it a dozen shots already and getting owned like crazy. D: The best I could manage was 3:27. This is completely lame and the AI acts stupid at times - I dropped a spike strip during a cop chase on another level, and one of the opponents got slowed down and the next moment he catches up with me almost instantly! I mean WTF? :mad:

Anyways, I've amassed a bounty of about 200k ATM and reached a wanted level of 5, unlocked few cars - the last ones were the Targa 911S and Gallardo LP560-4 IIRC. Haven't touched the cop campaign as of now. The OSTs are pretty good and the engine notes are awesome! The inability of applying AA in the game is pretty stupid TBH - don't know what Criterion was thinking! No free-roam and customisation - I liked that! Pretty much straightforward that way - drive, rack up enough bounty, piss the cops, evade them, repeat.

EDIT: Can't see the images. Blocked at my workplace. What are the times Allwyn?

Back