The Motorola Defy Thread

Dont know about security and anti virus in android. Every application I install seems safe to the anti virus.

Just now tried the 720P camera mod and now Defy is bricked.......

Ha long day ahead

Aladdin said:
A quick question. I am on Stock 2.2 india sea 15, can i go ahead and install CM7 using guide on XDA forums? Or do i need to install some other froyo first?
I installed CM7 without taking any kind of backup and also did not change to any other ROM (eg. nordic froyo). No issues so far. Just had to change baseband and replaced ADB launcher with launcher pro. :D

* More inputs on security vulnerability of android phone & the apps required!...plz share if u don't feel any such threat & why so?
btw,heard lot @the Xda forum that the NEW official indian froyo release still being buggy..so still confused how to go..if i upgrade the official way!

Multitouch

Now multitouch works on defy. This has been integrated in the latest CM7 nightly. Now you can touch the screen with yen fingers and it detects all of them. :)

MIUI English version This is the translated MIUI so no need to install language pack n find the language settings :)

I loved its stock messaging n call apps, has dnd, black list et all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I had synced my dummy gmail account 1st to get phone contacts and wanted to remove it but had to do factory reset. So when i ded factory reset its stuck at moto logo tried clearing cache, dalvic cache, reinstalled the .zip but no effect, So flashing full nordic sbf and will try installing it again.

I have recently bought a Defy...It has froyo pre-installed.I want to know now that if I flash with custom ROM ,will the warranty be void?Pls sum1 give the latest or the best method to install a custom ROM from scratch..Also is there any option in this froyo to select and copy a text ..I cannot find any option.And when I try to send a contact using text message,it sends it as a MMS.Pls help sum1....

hansil said:
I have recently bought a Defy...It has froyo pre-installed.I want to know now that if I flash with custom ROM ,will the warranty be void?Pls sum1 give the latest or the best method to install a custom ROM from scratch..Also is there any option in this froyo to select and copy a text ..I cannot find any option.And when I try to send a contact using text message,it sends it as a MMS.Pls help sum1....
Yes, the warranty will be void until you reflash the original Indian Froyo. Once you do this, you can reclaim your warranty. Copying text is done by a long press or a hold on the text you want to copy, you should get the option then.

Custom ROM's

CM7

MIUI

I will check if i can update these links in the OP, that way it will be easier for new users.

Just updated OP, ant other GB ROM's out there, let me know, will update OP.

I'm going to install the latest cm7 nightly to see if it solves the wifi problems.

How do you install over RC1v2? Should I do a data/cache wipe or not?

kvikram said:
I'm going to install the latest cm7 nightly to see if it solves the wifi problems.

How do you install over RC1v2? Should I do a data/cache wipe or not?
Nope, just flash the zipthrough custom recovery. No wipe necessary.

If you use one of those leaked 2.3s, can you downgrade back to 2.2 using nandroid backup + fixed sbf?

Installed cm7 nightly. Wifi problems reduced but not totally gone :(. At least it now shows more than 50% reception when I'm super close to the router :p

Aladdin said:
On CM7, mails dont come unless i refresh the inbox. Sync is enabled. :(
Same problem :(

I'm planning to switch back to MIUI and install LauncherPro. I love CM7 but the email and wifi problems just kills it :(

Or heck! I'll just go back to stock froyo and install LauncherPro. Best option.

Back