The Motorola Defy Thread

My Defy says it's charging when I connect it to either the power outlet or the computer but it's not charging at all. The charge is actually decreasing! :( Currently at 36%. What do I do? Is my battery dead?

Installed JB latest nightly, MB525 + froyo kernel + defy nightly. Looks good, Whats more I have a wifi with proxy and now i can use atleast the gapps with it. Tried skype but it did not connect. Market, talk were working.

@Aman27deep Simple enough. Just wipe and flash the CM10 zip. If you're inquiring whether it's possible to upgrade directly without a wipe, I think I read somewhere that it's possible. But I'm not sure.

Just go to CWM, do wipe of data, cache and dalvik cache and flash the CM10 zip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, couple of doubts -
- How do I regularly update my Defy with the nightlies? Do I have to follow all the steps, i.e, rooting and flashing? Can someone please post the exact steps?
- And how do I restore all apps/SMSs everytime I flash?

Guys, couple of doubts -
- How do I regularly update my Defy with the nightlies? Do I have to follow all the steps, i.e, rooting and flashing? Can someone please post the exact steps?
- And how do I restore all apps/SMSs everytime I flash?

Download goo manager from the market. It will download the new nighties for you and you can update it from there. There is generally no need to wipe data/factory reset between nighties so your data will remain intact.
And in case someone ROM requires wipe, you can use titanium backup. One click restore for all apps and data.

Download goo manager from the market. It will download the new nighties for you and you can update it from there. There is generally no need to wipe data/factory reset between nighties so your data will remain intact.
And in case someone ROM requires wipe, you can use titanium backup. One click restore for all apps and data.

Goo Manager doesnt have CM10.

Yep, thanks!

Finally ordered a new Galaxy Nexus! :yahoo: Going to give this phone to my Dad.

Need to customize so that it has the simplest UI possible. So I'm planning to revert it back to stable CM7.

Is it possible to completely disable the lockscreen? Just need immediate access to phone, contacts, messaging and camera.

Finally ordered a new Galaxy Nexus! :yahoo: Going to give this phone to my Dad.

Need to customize so that it has the simplest UI possible. So I'm planning to revert it back to stable CM7.

Is it possible to completely disable the lockscreen? Just need immediate access to phone, contacts, messaging and camera.

You can disable the lock screen. The option can be found in cynogenmod settings. I don't remember where exactly.

My dad's Aircel SIM doesn't work on the Defy (no network), while my Airtel SIM does work. The Aircel SIM works just fine on old Nokia phone.

Currently on CM10. Will perhaps flashing CM7 solve the issue?

My dad's Aircel SIM doesn't work on the Defy (no network), while my Airtel SIM does work. The Aircel SIM works just fine on old Nokia phone.

Currently on CM10. Will perhaps flashing CM7 solve the issue?

Did you try using the baseband switcher ?
I use to get no network when i would initially flash the Nordic's built(2.2.2) and after using using the baseband switcher it would work(I'm on Vodafone)

Try reverting to CM7,hope that helps

Now,How is the CM10 performance ?I had Wifi issues and it wouldn't simply connect to my network,had to start flashing from scratch :annoyed:

Baseband issues, use this setting - Asia - South East Asia - 3.4.3-331
Worked on BSNL 2G & 3G.
@YashBhatt - Using CM10 for couple of days. No issues with Wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back