The MotoGP Thread

Smith

Skilled
Why is it always F1, and why not MotoGP. Afterall, the God on two wheels rides there on his M1 and so does the Mad MAx on his RC-V112.

I guess its time we start talking about this two wheeled madness as well.

Does anyone remember what Ford (The torque guy) says about car drivers? ;)

nice question and nice atempt to start a motogp thread. hope it succeeds.
i am a big fan of valentino rossi and maxx biaggi
don follow motogp now a days..so no more comments :p

yep.. rossi all the way.. i am a big fan of rossi.. even better he is joining f1 now... :p

remember his car drive with michael jhonson.. i knew from that day on that he has to be in f1 :tongue:

Rossi is definitely god. I considered GOD to be Mick Doohan, but now I have to say that it is rossi .

I don't follow motogp much nowadays. Basically, I got bored after Doohan left. And then Alex Criville became world champ. Somehoiw I lost interest and got more interested in F1. Before this, I considered MotoGP to be better as it was shorter and more exciting.

I still remember Mick Doohan breaking his collarbone and shoulder and almost dying and THEN coming back to win 5 championships..... That was truly amazing.

And I remember watching videos of Wayne Rainey and Kevin Scwantz. I don't remember the details but I do remember that I used to support Kevin. But that was at the end of his career.

I can never ever forget mick doohan and his No.2 NSR500..the greatest stinkwheel of all times. And am pretty sure rossi will win a motogp on a hero-honda splendour.

And his rally driving skills are no less ;)

but nikihl, i dont think the 500cc twostokerraces were called motogp..not sure.

i was under the impression that motogp started with the four-strokers and rossi won the first ever race :s

no no... you are right... it was not called MotoGP but in some ways it is almost the same as they are the highest category.

Earlier it was called 500cc races. They were the elite. Today it is called MotoGP. Of course with some changes to the rules.

and with bigger engines too ;)

I do follow motoGP.
What makes Rossi the ultimate champion is that he is won races on superior machines. He is winning races on inferior machine too. Now thats what counts.
And i havent seen another person like him in motor sports. Havent seen anyone else promising to media publicly that i wont let Sete win another race and then do it on inferior machine ;0
Now thats some guts.

lol, very true. Also HRC's Bike, the RC-211V was built AROUND rossi...it was built for him and he was tested on it right from its conception. Now, he makes it look like a toy on the really old and technologically inferior M1.

The M1 was not inferior by a big margin. The problem was that Yamaha did not have many top class technicians and riders.

when Rossi joined, he brought with him Jeremy Burgess from HRC. And he also being an experienced rider could give correct feedback to the technicians who were lead by JB.

But that best part abt Rossi is that he is still winning on a bike that is slower than the RCVs on the long start finish straights at many tracks.

Same thing happened to Ferrari and Michael Schuacher.

^^ yep, it was freeari..and he was 1.5 secs off to schumi's lap record at fioranno :S thts gr8 driving even at his first try :p

Back