~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thetoxicmind said:
Well,why not ??? Best browsing experience and a lotta apps...

ah so iphone does have the best browsing experience?
does it support javascript? for example in my own site i used javascript a lot, and the new opera 9.5[beta i think] which i have installed on the htc touch opens the site very nicely...
and as for apps i think it has the best app support out there.. [correct me if i am wrong :p] and the display screen is also the largest too right? all these things tempt me a lot but all those drawbacks and disadvantages of the iphone make me think twice :ashamed:
@hotshot05, though n85 and n95 are gr8 phones, i am not much into gaming :)

Sumeet a.k.a NEO said:
ah so iphone does have the best browsing experience?

does it support javascript? for example in my own site i used javascript a lot, and the new opera 9.5[beta i think] which i have installed on the htc touch opens the site very nicely...

and as for apps i think it has the best app support out there.. [correct me if i am wrong :p] and the display screen is also the largest too right? all these things tempt me a lot but all those drawbacks and disadvantages of the iphone make me think twice :ashamed:

@hotshot05, though n85 and n95 are gr8 phones, i am not much into gaming :)

Hmmm...

Well,here's what you can consider for in & around 35k...

Nokia E90 Communicator ~ 33.1k*

HTC Touch Pro ~ 33.5k*

Blackberry Bold 9000 ~ 33.5k*

Nokia N97 ~ 38.3k*

* + 4%VAT

hey thanks :)

these phones satisfy the conditions i said :)

one more off topic related question..

y ain't my signature showing lol

i uploaded a pic of 400X120 size and 12 kb :|

oh lol never mind

i think it doesnt show in my previous posts.. :p

@TheToxicMind.

I wanna buy a cellphone tomorrow since I sold my N73.

My budget is 12500

I basically want.

-A great MP3 player.

-A good Camera.

Low priority, but needed.

- GPS reciever, i want it, but its alright if i cant get it under this price tag.

I had my eyes on the SE T700i. It doesn't have a GPS reciever, but it looks sweet and has a great 3.2mp Camera(i tried it), but i wasn't able to test the audio quality, is it a good MP3 player ?. But you can recommend me something from your views.

ANP !!! said:
@TheToxicMind.

My budget is 12500
I basically want.
-A great MP3 player.
-A good Camera.
- GPS reciever, i want it, but its alright if i cant get it under this price tag.

I had my eyes on the SE T700i. It doesn't have a GPS reciever, but it looks sweet and has a great 3.2mp Camera(i tried it), but i wasn't able to test the audio quality, is it a good MP3 player ?. But you can recommend me something from your views.

If the Nokia N78 is available in your area for 12k-13k then it is highly recommended. It satisfies all your requirements.

Also try out the Nokia 6500 Slide. Its camera seemed pretty good to me.

ANP !!! said:
@TheToxicMind.

My budget is 12500

I basically want.

-A great MP3 player.

-A good Camera.

Well,it's audio output is not as clear & loud as the walkman series phones,does sound better thro' a good headset.

The 3.2mp camera is decent enough but lacks Auto focus.

Overall,a nice looking phone that can perform most tasks but not without a few compromises here n there..Definitley worth considering given the price

(11.3K*)

If your really keen on GPS:

ASUS P526 ~ 11.9K*

Great Music 'n Good Camera :

Nokia 5610 XM ~ 10.9K*

SE W910 ~ 12.2K*

Funky 'n unique but serves the purpose:

Moto ROKR E8 ~ 12.3K*

LG KP 500 ~ 12.8K*

* + 4% VAT

~ t.t.m ~

hotshot05 said:
If the Nokia N78 is available in your area for 12k-13k then it is highly recommended. It satisfies all your requirements.

@ANP

Do consider the N78 IF it is available at that price...

Hmmm,The 6500 Slide similar in specs to the T700 , skipped my mind ! :S

It is definitely worth considering as it has better camera & decent music capabilities,offering a bit more compared to the T700 !

ANP !!! said:
@TheToxicMind.

My budget is 12500

I basically want.

-A great MP3 player.

-A good Camera.

Though slightly above your budget both Motorola A1600 and Motorola ZN5 will suit your needs well , i think costs are arnd 14k

A1600 - 3.2MP Camera / GPS

ZN5 - 5MP Camera (very nice quality) / WiFi / No GPS

N78 is also a good phone but considering you just used N73 you'll not find it interesting

thetoxicmind said:
Moto ROKR E8 ~ 12.3K*

Is E8 = EM30 ? , because univercell and themobilestore have it listed for 8.5k incl taxes

hotshot05 said:

Nokia loaded the the 6500 Slide, with gr8 features and a dead battery!!!!:mad: ,

i brought a 4gb card with it to use it a MP3 player, but even without using it as a MP3 player the battery runs out of juice by evening with 2hrs talktime!!!pathetic!!!!!, planing to change the standard BP-5M battery with N-82's BP-6M battery....also those who have used S60 would find it irritating to use S40( though it could be personal opinion)..the camera is gud...but slow!!!just my bits!!!:)

mh09ad5578 said:
Nokia loaded the the 6500 Slide, with gr8 features and a dead battery!!!!:mad: ,
i brought a 4gb card with it to use it a MP3 player, but even without using it as a MP3 player the battery runs out of juice by evening with 2hrs talktime!!!pathetic!!!!!, planing to change the standard BP-5M battery with N-82's BP-6M battery....also those who have used S60 would find it irritating to use S40( though it could be personal opinion)..the camera is gud...but slow!!!just my bits!!!:)

Do you use your phone to surf the web?
GPRS/EDGE service is a major battery hog.

mh09ad5578 said:
planing to change the standard BP-5M battery with N-82's BP-6M battery....also those who have used S60 would find it irritating to use S40( though it could be personal opinion)..the camera is gud...but slow!!!just my bits!!!:)

S40 will be irritating to only those who are power users of S60 like those who use a lot of .sis apps and use multitasking a lot. But for those who use the phone only for playing music and talking and clicking pics will love S40's responsiveness.

BTW are u really going to use the battery of the N73? Saw on Engadget that Nokia has accepted that the N73 batteries increase in size with time and knew of a case where the battery had expanded 3 times its original size.

Have u done the full charge then total discharge cycle for your battery around 5 times?

hotshot05 said:
S40 will be irritating to only those who are power users of S60 like those who use a lot of .sis apps and use multitasking a lot. But for those who use the phone only for playing music and talking and clicking pics will love S40's responsiveness.

BTW are u really going to use the battery of the N73? Saw on Engadget that Nokia has accepted that the N73 batteries increase in size with time and knew of a case where the battery had expanded 3 times its original size.

Have u done the full charge then total discharge cycle for your battery around 5 times?

+1 to that !

A friend of mine wants to buy a good multimedia phone which has bluetooth, expandable memory,radio, decent camera.
Budget around 8k.
Regards

PS:Nokia 5220 is in mind...Is it worth it?

nj_gamer said:
A friend of mine wants to buy a good multimedia phone which has bluetooth, expandable memory,radio, decent camera.
Budget around 8k.
Regards

PS:Nokia 5220 is in mind...Is it worth it?

The 5220 is quite good !
Other than that there's the SE W302...

@Thetoxicmind and others: Thanks for all the suggestions :), i will consider between T700 and W910i. Is the W910i worth the extra money in terms of sound quality ?, I have heard the slider gets very jammed and hard after some period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back