~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

sunilkumar said:
How is HTC Evo 3D
Sorry dunno much abt the evo 3d but you can check reviews online on websites like engadget & gsmarena..

My suggestion would be to wait for Nexus prime & make a decision after that.If you are buying now then I would go for the sgs2 which I'm using now..its awesome..:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

aradhakr84 said:
Desire S is a good model to get. I would recommend Nexus S because of these main points:
1. Vanilla android is better because HTC sense is real memory hog in Desire S or other HTC models.
2. Nexus S will be the first model to get ICS update. People do not understand and argue Nexus prime gets it first. It is first model to ship with ICS while Nexus S will get the update first OTA. So you will get the next major os upgrade without any hassles. That cannot be said for Desire S.
3. Nexus has galaxy hardware which is powerful than any other single core in the market. True, Galaxy S is one year old but it was times ahead when it was released last year. Still better than desire S, hands down.
4. Wolffson chip in Nexus S and Galaxy S which provides unbelievable audio performance.
5. Incredible xda community support for galaxy s and nexus s.
6. Nexus s has nfc chip and gyroscope so it is not found in desire s.
7. Gaming is still best in Nexus S and galaxy S. In fact best in the market for any single core phones. Sometimes even comparable to dual core.

So I would recommend Nexus S, hands down. Next I would choose Galaxy S and lastly Desire S. That is IMHO.

Hi, finally placed the order today. But, instead of Nexus S, I decided to go for Galaxy S i9000. The main reason I did not choose Nexus S is the it did not have memory card slot. I actually need that coz I have a pretty large music collection and I will also be installing a few games.

Went to many stores today and got a first hand look at many phones except for Nexus S and Galaxy S i9000, the two phones I was most interested in! :mad: Got to see SGS2 (awesome!), Desire S(screen seemed a bit small :(), Incredible S, Optimus 2X, Optimus Black, Galaxy S i9003 etc.. I liked the i9003, so based on that, I decided to go for i9000 since it has more inbuilt memory.

Well thank you very much for advising me! :) Cant wait to get my phone in hand now!

adi8800GTX said:
^^Look into the voodoo mod for the Galaxy S by Supercurio..heard that it improves the sound quality greatly..:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks! will look into this once I get the phone in my hand. But, have one doubt, will these things void the warranty? Also, are these reversible?

hi,

I am a CDMA user, and as all of you are aware,there is a dearth of quality smart phones in CDMA, hence have shortlisted the following phones :

HTC droid incredible 2

Motorola Droid 3

HTC Merge

Motorola XT800+

Motorola XT882

I believe the above mentioned phones are"world fones" i.e. they can be used on CDMA and GSM bands.(single sim but dual bands) , Please correct me if i lack some understanding here..

I would really appreciate if someone can enlighten me as to whether these fones (if sourced from US) will work in india...

Would really like your feedback on the above mentioned fone models and please include some more models if they seem fit to you ...

(Requirements : Enterprise+Smart phone, android 2.2(atleast), large screen, not delicate , large memory)

Thanks

hi im a bit confused abt which one to buy.... BB 8830 or samsung Champ(without cam)...

or do you have any other option other than these mobiles..... the only criteria is that it shld not have cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back