The Fitness Thread !

All the fitness guru's here, want your assistance to move towards healthy lifestyle ( read start exercising and healthy eating ). I'm 30 years old male. 5'5" inches tall , current weight is 65KGs. My work schedule is 3:00 pm - 00:30am on weekdays, w/weekend offs. Can someone devise a fitness plan for a complete noob and a beginner

Few points to keep in mind.

1. Upper has no strength as I can't manage a single push up or pull up.
2. Core is slightly better as I can manage 20-25 reps or crunches( normal and reverse inclined )
3. Legs are in good shape due to all the running around that I do every day. Haven't taken an elevator in years, take 2-3 steps at a time while climbing up.
4. Have quit smoking since 1st April.
5. Stopped eating fatty and junk food for quite some time now, do cheat once or twice a month but nothing major.
6. End up missing out lunch and proper dinner on most of the work days.

Also if someone can help me with a basic meal plan that I can keep with my work schedule (I cannot make any changes to this schedule ) and it's fixed till I get promoted or change the company, just to add i'm living alone so i'll have to manage all my cooking (it's doable)

^what do you want to accomplish? Your weight seems fine for your height. Do you want to build strength or just "look good" (also a valid objective).

Regardless, first try to regularize your meals as much as possible for your schedule. Next would be to watch what you eat so that your calories/macros align with your objective.

Things I'm looking forward to are as follows
1. Strength
2. I do look good but want to look "Awesome"
3. Kinda low in confidence due to the "paunch" .. so that's that

Meal plan is something where I require guidance and assistance.

1. Look up a good beginner program - Starting strength/Stronglifts etc. up on the net (plenty of info available) and pick one you like, I would recommend starting strength in the beginning, and you can move to stronglifts after you establish a base of strength
2. I would advise you to first get a base of strength using above mentioned programs. After you make satisfactory progress you can switch to a routine that concentrates more on biceps/abs etc.
3. Just track your calories using myfitnesspa and try to hit the calorie goal of your program regularly. exact timings of meals etc do not matter so much (just don't eat a huge meal just before a workout), but getting 8 hours of sleep a day + hitting your macros is essential, you can plan it any way you wish, depending on what meals are in your control.

A big factor with protein powders, as I have learnt is the flavour. You DONT want an unflavoured protien powder. I made the mistake of getting 5lbs of unflavoured soy and it tastes bad with anything. And remember when I say bad, I mean you'l want to puke even while chugging it down.

Unless you can add it to your rotis(which I havent tried, it will taste bad with anything else, Even fuitjuice) There have been days when i've thrown away 2-3 glasses of fruit juices with unflavoured protein cause they tasted shitty. Its basically a funky tasting atta (flour)

A big factor with protein powders, as I have learnt is the flavour. You DONT want an unflavoured protien powder. I made the mistake of getting 5lbs of unflavoured soy and it tastes bad with anything. And remember when I say bad, I mean you'l want to puke even while chugging it down.

i used to put unflavoured protein powder in dishes while cooking.

i used to put unflavoured protein powder in dishes while cooking.
Yes like I said cooking is different. If you are preparing for one person. 30gm(serving size) or even half of it ruins the taste. You basically have too eat ALL of that bad tasting food. Rather, if you have to, just mix in water and drink (or puke) and get over it in a minute.

Basically unless you're mixing 5gms or something, (5x12=60gm a day) in everything, you'l have a taste or atleast an aftertaste, unless it really meshes with the dish.

Hey i need to gain some weight those health powders does not do much right ?

You need only three thing for weight gain.. Milk, banana & honey..
Consume these three daily and you will reach to your goal but do exercise regularly as these three contain to much fat...
You need to eat more calories then you are burning... You can also try peanut butter sandwiches...

ON is severely overpriced. I can hazard a guess and say that you'l get flavoured protein from less marketed brands at the price of their unflavoured one.

do you have any suggestions for those bit-cheaper-but-equally-good protein powders? i have seen couple of local supplements factories and i am not sure if one can trust their health with them. there must be some good ones.

@pradeep200417 do you have any experience in buying stuff from those who supply to big companies? they must be selling stuff in huge packages, if at all they sell retail.

do you have any suggestions for those bit-cheaper-but-equally-good protein powders? i have seen couple of local supplements factories and i am not sure if one can trust their health with them. there must be some good ones.

@pradeep200417 do you have any experience in buying stuff from those who supply to big companies? they must be selling stuff in huge packages, if at all they sell retail.
I keep away from supplements. :p
Some one used to sell Saputo online. Unflavored ones. I think @Rockfella had got it from online channel.

Hello everyone, I read the thread but I am still confused how to begin and progress to lose weight .
I am 5 11 and 90 kgs. have quite a bit of stomach and chest fat. Need to get rid of both.

I am in office for about 10 hours from 9.30 to 7.30. I would like to gym in the morning. Please suggest best workouts and what to eat when.

Back