The Fitness Thread !

@Rockfella

Starting in any gym which has a squat rack and a 6ft+ Barbell should be absolutely fine. If you max out the weights in your gym (and I mean any gym for a beginner) then IMHO it means you are serious enough to invest in equipment/a better equipped gym.

Buying equipment is not an option for most people. Especially those living say in a place like Mumbai where space is a a premium.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have joined the GYM and doing cardio and weights on alternate days. I am really confused as what to eat before and after the workout.
I am a pure vegetarian. Also I go gym in the morning, so cannot have gap of more than 15 min between eating and working out.
Kindly give me options what should I eat.

I have joined the GYM and doing cardio and weights on alternate days. I am really confused as what to eat before and after the workout.
I am a pure vegetarian. Also I go gym in the morning, so cannot have gap of more than 15 min between eating and working out.
Kindly give me options what should I eat.
Milk/Curd + Brown Bread/Oats, Fruits.

Went to a sports shop, The guy had fugly green coloured dumbbell plates for rs 22 a pound that you put in a rod and screw it with a bolt. And rubber dumbbells for 45 rs a kg. And hardly had any in big weights say 10kg or 20kg plates.

I was looking at the rubber ones cause my house is all furnished and a crack in the flooring will not be good for my health. :p

What to do?

Im not a gym person really. I have a subscription going on right now, but the whole routine seems exhausting to me. I'd rather give 100% with dumbbels at home. I suppose almost all parts can be worked with them. Right?

Went to a sports shop, The guy had fugly green coloured dumbbell plates for rs 22 a pound that you put in a rod and screw it with a bolt. And rubber dumbbells for 45 rs a kg. And hardly had any in big weights say 10kg or 20kg plates.

I was looking at the rubber ones cause my house is all furnished and a crack in the flooring will not be good for my health. :p

What to do?

Im not a gym person really. I have a subscription going on right now, but the whole routine seems exhausting to me. I'd rather give 100% with dumbbels at home. I suppose almost all parts can be worked with them. Right?
Hey for you the best thing is Bodyweight workouts. Try Convict Conditioning. Start with Level 1 and then try reaching level 10. That would take quite a while.

My toe nail has grown into the flesh. Can't run for long distances now, ran the previous ones. Good luck, report your timings here afterwards :)
Woah. I have the same problem. Never thought it was common :p I have to fish that bastard end of the nail out and cut it. Pains like a b**ch, but its a routine now once a month. I do it before it grows to big and cut it as much as I can.

EDIT- Heh I basically do what they show in the second picture. :p

I had the same issue and the only way i got rid of it was to bear the pain for 1 month and let it grow. Now i don't cut it deep; my skin has hardened and the pain is completely gone.
I've had the problem since 7 years. My father also had it in past, one of my cousin has it, my uncle had it, and my sister is also showing signs of it - it is genetic I think, not sure though. I've got it operated (toe incision) around 7 times, don't even remember exactly how many times. The left toe I've got operated 2 times, the right around 5 times, the last of which involved removing the complete nail. It's grown back the same way and troubling me again.

I've had the problem since 7 years. My father also had it in past, one of my cousin has it, my uncle had it, and my sister is also showing signs of it - it is genetic I think, not sure though. I've got it operated (toe incision) around 7 times, don't even remember exactly how many times. The left toe I've got operated 2 times, the right around 5 times, the last of which involved removing the complete nail. It's grown back the same way and troubling me again.

Ohh ... Sorry to hear about that. I guess my problem was more because of the fact that shoe was pushing the toe nail to dig deep into my skin.

@Rockfella

Starting in any gym which has a squat rack and a 6ft+ Barbell should be absolutely fine. If you max out the weights in your gym (and I mean any gym for a beginner) then IMHO it means you are serious enough to invest in equipment/a better equipped gym.

Buying equipment is not an option for most people. Especially those living say in a place like Mumbai where space is a a premium.
A 7" bar is ideal. A squat rack takes less than 6x6" space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh so back in the Gym after over a year, even though I have been 'sorta' physically active in that time. Had paid up for this gym way back in September and went for the first time today. Just realized how important it is to try out the equipment thoroughly. The pins on the bench are too high or too low. Same with the Squat stand. No way to do rack-pulls. Lets see how they react when the weights get high on the deadlift. :( and they have a mish-mash or regular and Olympic style plates.

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and go here for the next 4-5 months.

is there any nice equipments to work for abs only, i had already placed high stakes with one of my friend for 2014 vacation :D
No, you won't get visible abs just by doing "abs" exercises. You have to do a complete body workout and maintain proper diet to see results.

is there any nice equipments to work for abs only, i had already placed high stakes with one of my friend for 2014 vacation :D
All ab equipments are useless. You may do progressive leg raises. But unless the fat from your body reduces the abs wont be visible.
Actually lot of big weight lifters have great abs, but since they have fat, it is hardly visible.
Once they lose that fat, the ripped abs become visible.
Frankly you should focus ur attention on gaining strength, rather than gaining abs.
Abs are just a by product :p

Back