The "Everyday" show-off thread !

since this tread has a little diy in it,thought i would post this.

My previous portable headphone amp.A47 headphone amp,all diy.
used it with the HD598,has served me well.Dismantled it yesterday for parts.took some pics of it for reference.
opamps-AD823AN and OPA2132PA for buffer.Discrete rail splitter supply design.Gave about 9 hours of music with good batteries.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc03645u.jpg

I have spent on atleast 10 cables in the past 5 years and the current one i got for 350 conked off in 2 months.
DIY is the way to go, where'd you get the connectors from ? i'm gonna get this done too.

Sourced the components locally at SP Road, Bengaluru, at one of the audio components shop. Do not remember the name of the shop though.

Looks very clean.Heck,those jacks look so much like costly neutriks!

Also,what wire do you ask for?i was looking to make something like this,though only 2-3 inches long as a line out cable.

going OT,which bike are you riding in your DP?cannondale?which model?

Just asked for the best stereo audio cable the he has. The cable is in the car, will let you know the make later. By the way, just checked the packing of the connectors, they are indeed Neutriks. It says that the connectors are manufactured by Ningbo Neutrik Electronics. Again, I just asked him for the best connectors, did not know before hand to lookout for Neutriks.

The only bike I ride currently is Merida Matts 20 MD, and it is the same that I'm riding in the DP - it was at last year's BBCh downhill race at Turahalli. Finished the race in 7th position :cool:

Got my Lumia 520 (Rs.9250)
Congrats on the purchase!! If one doesn't want to go for a low end android and avoid micromax, karbonn etc etc companies then this is a nice buy, As gannu said, do keep us posted about the daily usage of this phone. Also let us know if you're missing something while using this phone, you know like if you wishes "yaar it should have this x feature"

since this tread has a little diy in it,thought i would post this.
My previous portable headphone amp.A47 headphone amp,all diy.
used it with the HD598,has served me well.Dismantled it yesterday for parts.took some pics of it for reference.
opamps-AD823AN and OPA2132PA for buffer.Discrete rail splitter supply design.Gave about 9 hours of music with good batteries.

Very neat DIY, dude. Would love to try something similar myself. Had read about opamps in my engineering days, do not remember a thing now. Do you have a circuit diagram/ guide material that I can take a look at?

How good is Lumia 520 in terms of battery ? I need a new cell phone but should offer atleast 1.5 days of battery with 3G signal on.

How good is Lumia 520 in terms of battery ? I need a new cell phone but should offer atleast 1.5 days of battery with 3G signal on.
My Brother's 620 lasts about 40 hours on moderate usage (including some gaming and wifi browsing), considering that the 520 and 620 are the same phones (Same SOC and Almost same screen size) but the battery on 520 being chunkier, you might expect better backup.

Back