The Elite i20

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
Bought my first car. :)
The new i20 Sportz - Passion Red.

I am a new driver. Joined some local driving class, and out of 9 hours of training I am yet to attend 2 more hours. I wouldn't be able to comment on the tech stuffs or 'lightness of the steering' :p etc, (as this is the 2nd car I have driven apart from the driving school's old i10), but I am loving it overall.

here's few pics.

20140919_122605.jpg

20140920_172323.jpg

20140920_172801.jpg

20140920_173025.jpg

20140921_173358.jpg

** Is the addicted sticker visible on the last pic? :p

Till now drove around ~150kms inside city (Bangalore ORR :p), and main difficulty I am facing as new driver to move the car once stopped on a slopping. Always tends to move backwards and people behind starts honking like crazy. :D Reversing is somewhat easy with those sensors and camera view on the mirror.

Details features and specs : http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroom/Cars/i20-2014/PIP/index.html#contents_feature

Features I would love to have but only comes in the top 2 models - alloys, smart key, passenger airbag, few more options on HUD etc.

Features i20 missing - DRLs (I liked those on outgoing model), mileage info on hud (I dunno how to calculate mileage :( ), larger display screen.

OTR : 7.40 lakh (part from HDFC car loan at 10.5%, rest from FDs :))

Congrats and drive safe. She is a stunner as @AMG said. You can calculate mileage between full tanks. Tank it up and reset tripmeter to 0. The next time you get a full tank just divide your tripmeter figure with the amount of fuel you filled this time. Simple.

Congratulations, that is a nice looking car.

Mileage - You can use fuelly.com. It lets you enter your mileage and the amount of fuel you filled at the petrol pump. It will keep a history of cost and mileage starting from your second fill-up. Also gives you comparisons based on what mileage other owners of the same car are getting.

Rolling backwards on a hill - Don't be afraid to use the handbrake method. It is actually the recommended method in some countries.

Don't test the mileage right now...let the car settle and after your 1st service let them tune ur engine and car...After that test your mileage...Congratulations for this beast...Awesome :)

Congrats.... This seems to be the new Elite version...
My bro has the older i20 sports.... And it has tempted me a lot to buy this car.
Currently controlling my temptations very strongly.... as I still dont have enough need for a car. And I wont go for anything else but a version which has ABS/Passenger Airbags. which will be very costly :(

Lets see how long of a wait for me....

Congrats again... and enjoy your ride..... The new look is very sexy and uber....

A good one ! Even though I've stopped driving due to health ground, I love Hyundais. My last Hyundai was an i10 sports Kappa engiene. Maintain your i20 mate. All the best !

Congratulations and safe driving bro . Great choice of car .

Congratulations and Drive safe.

Congrats
Please always wear seat belts. Insist (force, emotional blackmail doesn't matter) your co-passengers to also wear seat belts.

She's stunning!!!

Very nice!! Many congratulations on the new car. Drive happy. Drive safe. ;)

Congrats! :D

Remove that hundai dealers advertisement stickers ...

Nice car. I have the Mark 1, i20. Same color.

Surely a looker! Congrats!!

Very nice and great choice.. Congrats

Thanks guys. Being a n00b and hence no test drive before booking the car, the look was the 'only' factor to go ahead with this one.
And safety, of course I understand the importance of the seat belt and so does my wife. :) But when my friend was sitting, I had blackmail with the fear of traffic fine. :D

Congrats and drive safe. She is a stunner as @AMG said. You can calculate mileage between full tanks. Tank it up and reset tripmeter to 0. The next time you get a full tank just divide your tripmeter figure with the amount of fuel you filled this time. Simple.

Congratulations, that is a nice looking car.

Mileage - You can use fuelly.com. It lets you enter your mileage and the amount of fuel you filled at the petrol pump. It will keep a history of cost and mileage starting from your second fill-up. Also gives you comparisons based on what mileage other owners of the same car are getting.

Rolling backwards on a hill - Don't be afraid to use the handbrake method. It is actually the recommended method in some countries.

Mileage is only total kms in a from point A to B divided by fuel consumed in going from A to B. It'll be an approximate value.

Don't test the mileage right now...let the car settle and after your 1st service let them tune ur engine and car...After that test your mileage...Congratulations for this beast...Awesome :)

Upgrading from two wheeler, where I calculate FE from reserve to reserve and never did full tank ;).
Thanks for the info/advices. I need to practice that hand brake technique for inclined roads.
Does fuelly use GPS to get the FE ?

btw, I know I would get very bad FE stats because of my n00b driving style - like the gear change isn't optimum. The hud have an indicator for gear change, but I am missing that most of the times. Need few more pratice.

Congrats.... This seems to be the new Elite version...
My bro has the older i20 sports.... And it has tempted me a lot to buy this car.
Currently controlling my temptations very strongly.... as I still dont have enough need for a car. And I wont go for anything else but a version which has ABS/Passenger Airbags. which will be very costly :(

Lets see how long of a wait for me....
Congrats again... and enjoy your ride..... The new look is very sexy and uber....

Here in Bangalore, the road tax is way too high. I paid around 93K as road tax. :(
I too wanted to got for the top end, but it would cost beyond 8L.

You can use the half clutch method too alongwith the handbrake technique, and then decide which is suitable for you. There is a popular belief that it damages the clutch but I have not seen that happen in my cars.

Back