The DRINK Thread.

I'm probably the only one checking this thread who doesn't drink alcohol anymore (been more than a decade now) and yet comes to this thread as soon as there is an update to check the photos... :p
I stopped 2 years ago.. this topic comes/bumps up often, but never check it.. and no images on page I am 16th..
No clicking on earlier pages.

So what do you all think about Jack Daniel's (old no.7)?
Is it great in that price range or is there anythg that's better?

Checked online and it shows around 3k to 3.5k, not sure if this is the price that is quoted in shops. Never visited any liquor shop/store in my life, this will be crazy for me.
If you're in KA then it's above 4.5k, if you're in any other state then it would range from 2.7k to 3.3k, not sure about NCR and L1 pricing but should be around 1.8k-2k (most likely)

If you're in KA then it's above 4.5k, if you're in any other state then it would range from 2.7k to 3.3k, not sure about NCR and L1 pricing but should be around 1.8k-2k (most likely)
JD is still under 2000 in gurgaon. There is better alcohol to be had than JD.

Alcohol in gurgaon is stupidly cheap (often cheaper than duty free for premium alchohol), and used to be even cheaper a year ago. I've bought Glenlivet 12, glenfeddich 12, grey, beluga, jodhpur, etc all 2300-2400 a bottle. All of these are around 3000-3300 now. I've bought chivas 18 for 3XXX something on a sale. Thanks to pricing here one can really enjoy a nice 15 yo single with out spending a lot.

I'm in Hyd. Will check, there are big supermarket kind of stores here, so prices could vary.

Alcohol in gurgaon is stupidly cheap, and used to be even cheaper a year ago. I've bought Glenlivet 12, glenfeddich 12, grey, beluga, jodhpur etc were all 2300-2400 a bottle. All of these are around 3000-3300 now. Thanks to pricing here one can really enjoy a nice 15 yo single with out spending a lot.
Treating some good alcohol someday? :p

Also what changed since the last year that prices increased? USD-INR fluctuations?

Alcohol in gurgaon is stupidly cheap, and used to be even cheaper a year ago. I've bought Glenlivet 12, glenfeddich 12, grey, beluga, jodhpur etc were all 2300-2400 a bottle. All of these are around 3000-3300 now. Thanks to pricing here one can really enjoy a nice 15 yo single with out spending a lot.
Interesting. Why so diffrnce in prices? Just state taxes or some other reason?

Treating some good alcohol someday? :p

Also what changed since the last year that prices increased? USD-INR fluctuations?
High volume and low taxes - https://www.hindustantimes.com/citi...liquor-price-competitive-101651854916396.html
State taxes are abnormally low here apparently. AAP bundled Delhi's excise policy, and with barely any nice liquor shops, most folks in NCR would prefer to buy from gurgaon, which has plush fancy liquor stores every 500 meters.

Also word of caution, there is lot of hear-say of fake alcohol sold in gurgaon. This could very well be true for high volume cheap or mid-tier alcohol. I would recommend against buying atleast black label and chivas 12 from gurgaon.

High volume and low taxes - https://www.hindustantimes.com/citi...liquor-price-competitive-101651854916396.html
State taxes are abnormally low here apparently. AAP bundled Delhi's excise policy, and with barely any nice liquor shops, most folks in NCR would prefer to buy from gurgaon, which has plush fancy liquor stores every 500 meters.

Also word of caution, there is lot of hear-say of fake alcohol sold in gurgaon. This could very well be true for high volume cheap or mid-tier alcohol. I would recommend against buying atleast black label and chivas 12 from gurgaon.
Similar things seem to happen in our city too. My frnds say don’t buy in some particular shops. Even if it’s same brand and same maker, still there seems to be that quality and taste difference.

State earnings from sale of alcohol mainly. They earn a big chunk from it.

bl22Aug_Alcohol_revenue_table.jpg.png

Back