The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

^^It is a known issue and it happens only when the phone is connected in USB mass storage mode. Apparently the new v20 firmware fixes it to some extent but not completely.

Broke my 5800 4 days ago :(. I had kept it for charging and saw that the screen did not come on even after i unlocked it using the slider. The phone was working as i could receive calls, but no display. When i took it to the service centre, they tried a software upgrade where it showed a broken display :(. Maybe someone messed with it behind me :mad:. Have asked the guys to try and get it done in Warranty, else its at least a 5k deep hole in my pocket :'(

Re: Nokia Shipped almost a million defective Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Phones

The god of all Mobile site and blogs, Mobile-Review based in Russia has got its hands on some really speacial news. According to the site, all the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phones that were manufactured before Feb 2009 come with faulty speakers. This has also been confirmed by Nokia. So if you are one of the buyer then you might be experiencing this problem with your speakers and if not then the problem might come soon. Nokia has also realized this problem and has come up with a statement saying that, this issue was there and the company has sorted that out. There has been no fault in the manufacturing process of Nokia, which is very robust, but the speaker supplier took his task lightly and so this goof up. But this is a real big problem for Nokia because they sold some million Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phones and having 1 million customers pointing fingers at you is not good. Before this also, Nokia's quality control has gone for a toss and some people also faced a problem with their earpiece, which you can fix easily on your own.

Hey!.. How can you verify that the mobile you buy is one from FEB 2009

hooooo!!! I was planning to give this months salary to NOKIA.:eek:hyeah: But now, again I dont feel like buying a 19k mobile with faulty speakers which is the basic thing that we need in a phone to make a call...:mad:

The god of all Mobile site and blogs, Mobile-Review based in Russia has got its hands on some really speacial news., all the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phones that were manufactured before Feb 2009

mathew_p_a said:

hooooo!!! I was planning to give this months salary to NOKIA.:eek:hyeah: But now, again I dont feel like buying a 19k mobile with faulty speakers which is the basic thing that we need in a phone to make a call...:mad:

It is not confirmed that the faulty speakers did come to India or not.
If the faulty speakers lot would have come to India, someone or the other here must have reported about dead speakers.

SO DONT WORRY AS OF NOW :hap5:

mathew_p_a said:

ya.. i second that...every week some major goof up from nokia is uncovered as far as 5800 is concerned. what da hell!!!:mad: :mad:

i was gonna go tomm and buy it ... having second thoughts again. :huh:

alright, here are a couple of snaps taken from my 5800's cam.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/GenetiCDisasteR/Snap038.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/GenetiCDisasteR/Snap044.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/GenetiCDisasteR/Snap049.jpg

Taken near my college, on the way home, in the bus, at around 5 in the evening. I think third pic came out the best! but overall, Really good performance imo. The low-light pictures will, of course, suffer a little, especially if flash is off... this can also be overcome by switching on the night mode while taking photos. more samples soon!

please comment!

draz said:
ya.. i second that...every week some major goof up from nokia is uncovered as far as 5800 is concerned. what da hell!!!:mad: :mad:

i was gonna go tomm and buy it ... having second thoughts again. :huh:

I contacted nokia cutomer care and had a word with the call center manager.

He said that the handset does have problem if the speaker(only earpiece) was manufactured by the previous company, which nokia has changed now.

According to him the faulty earpiece speakers have not hit India, but he was not sure.

The Google Talk mobile web gadget works perfectly in the inbuilt browser. It however does not work in Opera Mini and inbuilt browsers of older phones such as N73. Is this due to the 5800's flash support, or is it due to something else?

I am referring to http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/m

Finally I am enjoying OFFICIAL Google Talk on my phone !! :)

Can any one tell me wr can i find a suitable nokia screen guard Delhi/NCR or online ???
As I am frustrated from seeing that crappy screen guard hvng those f****n lines :mad: :mad:

aditya_bha said:
Can any one tell me wr can i find a suitable nokia screen guard Delhi/NCR or online ???

As I am frustrated from seeing that crappy screen guard hvng those f****n lines :mad: :mad:

kisi ne abhi tak screen guard nahi lagaya kya ?? weird

besides the screen guard , has anybody found this silicon cover ... looks gud coz taking the phone it and out of the carry case can be annoying sometimes ...this is the one iam, talkin abt:

41oaWa44-IL._SS500_.jpg

heres the link in which there is a combo ...

NOKIA 5800 CRYSTAL CASE COVER - PACK OF TWO: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Well i did got a official screen guard about 2 weeks back. Costed me Rs 395/-. Was made for Nokia 5800 Specifically. Got it from Hotspot Spice mall Noida.

Edit: Added few pics of the screen guard packaging. The screen guard is pretty good.

aditya_bha said:
kisi ne abhi tak screen guard nahi lagaya kya ?? weird

i got mine for 150 buks :clap: , excellent quality , came with a scratch guard for the camera too....and covers the full front face not just the screen......the sensor part is chopped to prevent issues with the sensor and the 3g cam , besides the sensors / earpieces / buttons all covered :) . While I chose a roadside small shop to do the job for me , a friend of mine got the 'same' one for 300 buks from a shop with a 3 month warranty on the scratch guard.......baaah! :p

^^ time for GO ?? :p

@ aditya ... nope .. the original screen guard is still in place .. although the back camera guard has gone .. but iam looking for a silicon cover for the phone ... i get a baad feeling everytime i slip my phone in and out of the case :p

Back