*** The Anti-Showoff Thread ***

Not entirely true. In India we have CIBIL which has a history of your loans , credit cards etc. Every financial institution is looking up your CIBIL score when you apply for credit card or loan. The terms are same as US , screw up your credit card or loan you will be in defaulters list for 5 years.

I got my CIBIL score last month was shocked that they even keep track of every phone number i had given to credit card or bank and also a list of how many enquiries were made by a bank till date.

Read here for more info on how CIBIL works http://www.jagoinvestor.com/2011/07/cibil-report.html
Thanks paid 470 bucks and now waiting for my score

Not entirely true. In India we have CIBIL which has a history of your loans , credit cards etc. Every financial institution is looking up your CIBIL score when you apply for credit card or loan. The terms are same as US , screw up your credit card or loan you will be in defaulters list for 5 years.

I got my CIBIL score last month was shocked that they even keep track of every phone number i had given to credit card or bank and also a list of how many enquiries were made by a bank till date.

Read here for more info on how CIBIL works http://www.jagoinvestor.com/2011/07/cibil-report.html

I seriously did not know about that. Thanks for the information.

The CIBIL score is very complete. I always knew about it but the earlier process of sending by post was too laborious for me. Once it became online, I went for it, and got the report in 4 working days as mentioned on their site. The report is pretty comprehensive and has almost everything covered. It was also how I found out how inefficient and absolutely worthless HDFC Bank are. They did 15 enquiries on my account (this has a negative impact on the score) and then rejected the card because they didn't have my address proof. WTF.

There are couple of issues with CIBIL , they dont entertain any kind of issues directly for everything you need to fill up a online form and they take their own sweet time to do it. My CIBIL score shows that my education loan is still active even when i have closed it more than 6 months back. They have got my name wrong.

My auditor is following up both the issues from past 2 months and still no solution provided.

Also folks never ever give out PAN numbers to anyone have come across few horror stories in jaagoinvestor about PAN mis use.

I will surely get my score after I am back. I guess it is not completely online but need to send self attested documents in mail / courier.

cibil is useless. one of my colleagues has late payment issues since past 4 years. i mean in the past 4 years he's taken so much credit on his card that he cant pay the amount off even taking 2-3lac of loan from any company. So naturally, going by the website link above his cibil score should be around the lowest, right? I dont know what his cibil score is, but he keeps getting these calls for new credit cards (platinum card, etc with limits of 1lac etc) whereas people like me who pay the whole amount days before due date are told by the same cc issuing company that we are not eligible for credit limit of that amount even if we get more salary than people like him. damn cibil and those banks. they use cibil only to fish for people who cannot pay thier cc dues on time so they can earn interest of 22% per month or something like that.

edit: wasn't this a showoff thread? it got derailed to talk on cibil and such... :(

I will surely get my score after I am back. I guess it is not completely online but need to send self attested documents in mail / courier.
Its completely online , verified the questions asked online and today got the score , 807 for me .

cibil is useless. one of my colleagues has late payment issues since past 4 years. i mean in the past 4 years he's taken so much credit on his card that he cant pay the amount off even taking 2-3lac of loan from any company. So naturally, going by the website link above his cibil score should be around the lowest, right? I dont know what his cibil score is, but he keeps getting these calls for new credit cards (platinum card, etc with limits of 1lac etc) whereas people like me who pay the whole amount days before due date are told by the same cc issuing company that we are not eligible for credit limit of that amount even if we get more salary than people like him. damn cibil and those banks. they use cibil only to fish for people who cannot pay thier cc dues on time so they can earn interest of 22% per month or something like that.

edit: wasn't this a showoff thread? it got derailed to talk on cibil and such... :(
The bigger the spender , better . The more you default on payment even more merrier as all benefit including CC company and the bank from whom you will have to take a personal loan to pay the amount and CC who will charge you 23/26 % monthly interest an make money

And yes even after such a excellent score and even better SBI CC history ICICI still refuses to give me an ICICI CC . According to them the only option for salaried guys like us is FD of 25k which i will not do .

There is a difference between getting calls for Credit card and getting the card in reality. Not sure why your bank is rejecting higher credit limit. The call center people get a bunch of numbers to call people and offer card when you apply for one ie when banks use your CIBIL score.

Sunday well spent at work.

Thanks to our Network admin :D
Pqth6.jpg

So MakeMyTrip had a claim on their website saying "Bus Tickets - Either Cheapest or FREE", so I checked the price for a bus from Chennai to Kochi and the price on MMT for the particular bus was Rs 1320 and on the operator's site it was Rs 1300. ;) Determined to know whether they will honour the claim or not (for the meager Rs 20 difference :p ) I went ahead and booked the ticket from MMT and guess what, they refunded the full payment! :D

qnejF.png

PS : They haven't updated the price yet on their site so you may still take advantage of the offer! :p
SRM Transports - Volvo - Chennai to Kochi

Back