Video Terminating Reliance BigTV

I have been using BigTV since last 3 years. Though the service itself has nothing to complain against. I have never had a blackout in three years. Never, But the interface is too sluggish. Plus "big" ugly reliance logo, ticked me off.

I am planning to go for Airtel. But I want to know what should I do with my Reliance Dish and STB? Do they belong to me or I have to return them. Do I get some refund in that case? Or, as the last resort, I should sell them off here(on TE). Some exchange offer may be?
<

Thanks for your answers.

No exchange no refund, it belong to them, if you will ask customer care they will say contact nearest relaince web world as they have nothing to do with this. its best stop recharging and switch to airtel in case you want to.

some companies charge rs 10 per day, if recharge is not done on time. better to call the cc and ask them to disconnect the service to your stb from their end.

and you can of course sell the Reliance STB, card, antenna combo.

I dunno if its officially allowed or not, but I had sold one DishTV connection once.

Are you using a regular SD stb if so the logo is big,but in a HD or a HD-DVR stb the logo is small.

But the sluggish interface is annoying.

Their T&S clearly say that the STB is the property of the reliance,so you cannot exchange or sell it.

I have been using BigTV since last 3 years. Though the service itself has nothing to complain against. I have never had a blackout in three years. Never, But the interface is too sluggish. Plus "big" ugly reliance logo, ticked me off.

I am planning to go for Airtel. But I want to know what should I do with my Reliance Dish and STB? Do they belong to me or I have to return them. Do I get some refund in that case? Or, as the last resort, I should sell them off here(on TE). Some exchange offer may be?
<

Thanks for your answers.

A little offtopic,i had airtel dth connection first,but faced lots of problem with the settop box and service finally switched to videocon D2h it had awesome packages and no problems so far

and you can of course sell the Reliance STB, card, antenna combo. I dunno if its officially allowed or not, but I had sold one DishTV connection once.

Where did you sell it? I wonder what is a fair price. 50% of current cost?

If they disallow selling it, would the next user be able to use it?

I sold it to a friend(new tenant) while shifting a house.

He was able to use it. Just called up their CC once and updated his mobile number. It doesn't depends on the registered name.

(back in my home, the Airtel DTH is in the name of one of my friend.)

And yeah. 50% seems fair.
<

A little offtopic,i had airtel dth connection first,but faced lots of problem with the settop box and service finally switched to videocon D2h it had awesome packages and no problems so far

I have heard good things about Videocon D2H from a lot of sources. My only concern is, Videocon is not a major player, while Airtel is. Somehow, I think that is going to translate into more innovation and features from Airtel.

Wow, Videocon has such good reviews on TE!! Made up my mind for it.

We had some firmware related issues in the airtel set top box,we complained in their call center no positive response ,finally shot some mails to higher authorities in Delhi ,they many people reverted back..but it was too late for them to revert back..now the old airtel box is eating dust
<
didn't bother to dispose the box

Back