Team anna's new campaign Ban Congress (Your vote needed)

lmao.jpg

ggt said:
the statistics revealed that there was not a lot of % difference in the voting (as a whole).

it was pure math where congress converted the % gain of votes to elected seats whereas BJP won of those seats were more comprehensive victories.
You did not answer, so let me ask again..

Do you think Congress can win the next general election ?

If ppl quit the electoral process rather than participating then the conclusion is the one with the most money to bribe wins.

By definition that means Congress.

I'd vote for BJP if they do away with their extremist nature, severe ties with RSS, and say bye bye to Advani.

Till then Congress, they are atleast not self-destructive.

HailStonE said:
Madhu Koda was a member of BJP & he left it to contest independently later when refused ticket.. So had he not left BJP he would have done the same thing & people would have seen more clearly that even BJP as a party has some very serious corrupt members & they also have the capacity to beat Congress when it comes to pure unadulterated corruption & SCAMS...

AFAIK, if he was denied a ticket, then there could be doubts over this honesty.

HailStonE said:
Its hilarious to think that BJP would be any better than Congress in amassing huge wealth... Those 22 members who voted for them (till now) should know this. Also their history with communal violence is an open book to everyone which actually shadows their corrupt intentions altogether...

Well, I really do not know from where you are, but i am fed up in Mumbai with Congress. And this is not just limited to the scams, but because there is no improvement here. Its all talk and no show. But scams are a plenty.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

blr_p said:

If ppl quit the electoral process rather than participating then the conclusion is the one with the most money to bribe wins.

Quite true. No doubt about it.

blr_p said:

it depends on the peoples mentality.

to explain it to you better i once mistakenly went out early morning for my tuitions on an election day (the class was cancelled) so i was heading back to home.

i had seen families with cars packing their stuff and going to picnic on that day. (so they wont be voting).

had seen loads of empty cartons of liquor lying on the road.(am assuming they were distributed).

and also the plastic tags (bands) of bundled notes lying on the road.

the junk was comparable to a diwali morning after lots of firecrackers being burnt.

so anybody can guess now who won that election in mumbai :mad:

IMO if Anna Hazare wants this much to change, let him start his own party and stand in election. why ban party X, party Y?

Or is it his long term agenda to eradicate parties and people turn him to steer India? fat chance.

And no, don't give me the BS that Anna is not a politician and etc etc... I think, I honestly think that Anna doesn't stand a chance in winning the election. Sure they will get few seats. perhaps from the Tier 1, Tier 2 cities. Its where the online/social media/news world that likes to fight the "war on corruption" live mostly.

HailStonE said:
Madhu Koda was a member of BJP & he left it to contest independently later when refused ticket.. So had he not left BJP he would have done the same thing & people would have seen more clearly that even BJP as a party has some very serious corrupt members & they also have the capacity to beat Congress when it comes to pure unadulterated corruption & SCAMS...

Its hilarious to think that BJP would be any better than Congress in amassing huge wealth... Those 22 members who voted for them (till now) should know this. Also their history with communal violence is an open book to everyone which actually shadows their corrupt intentions altogether...

for the scam he had done the partner in crime was a certain kripa shankar singh of guess who ?

as for the riots in our country they are a part of our country.

they were riots happening before before bjp and there might be riots happening. no one wants it and i do not think nobody should be proud of it.

the worli link road, the mumbai- pune expressway were projects done during the SS- bjp regime.

it was the congress which delayed the completion of the worli sea link to 15 years and thus multiplying the overall costs manifold.

the matter of contention was about congress giving all credit of riots to bjp and taking all credit to all development work to them.

in 1992 congress was in power in mah but they still blamed bjp for the riots.

in guj they blamed bjp for riots because they were the party in power.

how come that logic wont apply for them for riots in mah during 1992 and the previous ones in punjab, bihar, and those in the eighties in guj.

vivek.krishnan said:
Well, here in Mumbai, a new concept of "Mumbai 227" is coming up. I am gonna wait and watch.

this is going slightly OT. "wait and watch" is not going to help. If you like/support the concept then do something about it. Support, volunteer, spread awareness around you.

m-jeri said:
IMO if Anna Hazare wants this much to change, let him start his own party and stand in election. why ban party X, party Y?

Or is it his long term agenda to eradicate parties and people turn him to steer India? fat chance.

And no, don't give me the BS that Anna is not a politician and etc etc... I think, I honestly think that Anna doesn't stand a chance in winning the election. Sure they will get few seats. perhaps from the Tier 1, Tier 2 cities. Its where the online/social media/news world that likes to fight the "war on corruption" live mostly.

Anna is not a politician

pr0ing said:
this is going slightly OT. "wait and watch" is not going to help. If you like/support the concept then do something about it. Support, volunteer, spread awareness around you.

I m going to vote against Congress

pr0ing said:

Well, yeah its slightly OT, but then its all about no corruption, Anna style! And currently, i cannot do anything than wait and watch, as no knowledge about who is there in my area!

pinga123 said:
I m going to vote against Congress

I am thinking on the same lines too.

Looks like bjp and rss got together and watched the prequel to the star wars trilogy ..... ever since this anna tamasha began, i can only smell a dart hsidious hidden somewhere. ......
1) anna goes on fast.
2) anna goes to hisar asking people not to vote for congress.
3) advani starts another rath yatra (sooner or later that will result into riots and deaths of innocent indians all because this pakistani origin person wants ot be pm of india).
4) rss people are always with anna ..... and that swami is his right hand man.
5) lokpal is nothing but a tooll.... if it passes we will not have any stable govt at the centre for more than 6 months....even if they happen to be honest.

really it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that anna is a rss stooge .... he says he has no bank accounts .... really, you dont need one in your name to holds mllions of rupees. I know I will be flamed, but time will show I am correct. this is just a plan to screw the country and our political environment. its just a matter of time before we end up in a civil war of some sorts.

pinga123 said:
Anna is not a politician

Talks and behaves like one....plans and holds rallies like one ....... faked a fast like one and used gandhi's name to fool everyone like one...... yup pretty much a politician

[quote name='ggt']for the scam he had done the partner in crime was a certain kripa shankar singh of guess who ?

they were riots happening before before bjp and there might be riots happening. no one wants it and i do not think nobody should be proud of it.

the worli link road, the mumbai- pune expressway were projects done during the SS- bjp regime.

it was the congress which delayed the completion of the worli sea link to 15 years and thus multiplying the overall costs manifold.

the matter of contention was about congress giving all credit of riots to bjp and taking all credit to all development work to them.

how come that logic wont apply for them for riots in mah during 1992 and the previous ones in punjab, bihar, and those in the eighties in guj.

seriously you need to grow a brain...being in power and being responsible for creating riots are two different things altogether.........

anyway ...everyone is going to vote for bjp...that is a given ...... we as a nation cannnot think ...... we deserve thos saffron idiots in power to screw us around for another 5 years or so ..... and the icing on the cake ...advani as pm! yes finally we can have a person of pakistani origin become a pm of india

vivek.krishnan said:
AFAIK, if he was denied a ticket, then there could be doubts over this honesty.

Well, I really do not know from where you are, but i am fed up in Mumbai with Congress. And this is not just limited to the scams, but because there is no improvement here. Its all talk and no show. But scams are a plenty.

Agreed 200% ...... in mumbai congress sucks.... however BEST, BMC and everything else in mumbai and maharashtra is run by Shiv Sena ... hence, we are never goign to see any change as everyone is out to make a fast buck ........

I walked for 30 mins with a sprained ankle to reach my destiantion when the rickshaw drivers were on strike! and what were they striking? their right to cheat and steal by tampering with meters ..... now tell me what difference does it make if either bjp or congress comes to power. We the people ....."will never change"

[quote name='vivek.krishnan']yes, they will win again. The mindset of the people is that BJP is useless, they are extremist, but this is not true of all. Also regarding money, white or black, they found that Congress was recieving more money in cash than in cheque, while it was the reverse for BJP. LOL.

Ahem ..... let me point out a technical point here. ..... IT Act amendment 2010 ....SEc 80 (you find this out so you can and will remember it :p )

according to this new section .....any and every political party can now receive donations (which used to be in black first) and it is tax free so also to the people donating it(corporates etc) really..... thanks to the new amendments they can virtually receive unlimited amount of fuds in White now....... I didnt see BJP contesting this change in parliament....

as usual Sab Chor Hain!

seriously you need to grow a brain...being in power and being responsible for creating riots are two different things altogether.........

anyway ...everyone is going to vote for bjp...that is a given ...... we as a nation cannnot think ...... we deserve thos saffron idiots in power to screw us around for another 5 years or so ..... and the icing on the cake ...advani as pm! yes finally we can have a person of pakistani origin become a pm of india

look pal i never said i am supporting bjp outright.

i just cannot comprehend the statements done by the congress.

please let me know in what way have the "saffron idiots" screwed you.

PS i am not supporting advani but i cannot see a immature, idiot named rahul baba be the next pm for sure.

if that rahul baba is gonna be the next pm then god save us .

also you seem to have forgotten advani was born in then india.

so is our current pm mr . manmohan singh.

so you know he is not the first person to do so.

vivek.krishnan said:
Hogwash. not wanting to stray away from the thread, but actually INC was the cause of all this. Now that they have moved on is a different thing, but they were the originals.

Also IMHO, i actually dont care about the party, but after seeing the success stories of Gujrat, and seeing the failure of Maharashtra, I am not in favour of INC. Oh, and Sharad pawar is an ally of INC, right? Then no vote for INC, hands down.

ahem ... modi took credit for all the projects started before he came into power...go check who was the guy before him .... you must either be a BJP guy or blind to fall for their nonsense .... and no I am not a congress fan ..... I wouldnt vote for either

ggt said:
for the scam he had done the partner in crime was a certain kripa shankar singh of guess who ?

You missed the point with a huge margin.. A corrupt person would do the corruption no matter where he is or which party he belongs to.... He always finds accomplice everywhere. But thinking that BJP does not have people involved in corruption is hilarious.. Two BJP CM's resigned on these charges... So when it comes to corruption BJP will always give a run for its money to Congress which has a documented history....

As for riots, How many riots happened before 1992 & how many bomb blasts were occurring... BJP is no angel & its also been documented. Irony is that they never apologize for all the hate & blood-shed they caused & hence people shun them 'coz of their past. With the new instances of corruption surfacing in the BJP, it also enlightens people that they are not the corruption free party they try to portray...

vivek.krishnan said:

I am from a BJP ruled state & belong to the state capital. We have the most terrible roads everywhere especially if you go towards old city which is not a majority area. You can easily see the discrepancies which BJP shows in the development b/w old & new city... But don't take my word for it, try google... Crime rate is at all time high. Earlier when Congress was in power there was no development at all but even BJP didn't do much to improve... The corruption in the govt would surface sooner or later but the fact remains. BJP is not innocent when it comes to corruption & bias....

m-jeri said:
No party is being banned, all he is doing is campaigning against the ruling party because they are in power and will not pass a lokpal bill. Again it does not have to be the JLP bill, any strong lokpal bill will do.

m-jeri said:
Exacty, only long term agenda is more accountability from govt.

m-jeri said:
I understand he gave the SS trouble on the past when he tried to agitate in his state.

As far as i can see if you agitate and have never stood for office then you're NOT a politican. You're just an activist.

Because one cannot be a politican without running for office.

ggt said:
it depends on the peoples mentality.

to explain it to you better i once mistakenly went out early morning for my tuitions on an election day (the class was cancelled) so i was heading back to home.

i had seen families with cars packing their stuff and going to picnic on that day. (so they wont be voting).

had seen loads of empty cartons of liquor lying on the road.(am assuming they were distributed).

and also the plastic tags (bands) of bundled notes lying on the road.

the junk was comparable to a diwali morning after lots of firecrackers being burnt.

so anybody can guess now who won that election in mumbai :mad:
I understand its illegal to bribe the electorate so what was the Election commision doing about it ?

mrnikhilsudo said:
Looks like bjp and rss got together and watched the prequel to the star wars trilogy ..... ever since this anna tamasha began, i can only smell a dart hsidious hidden somewhere. ......
1) anna goes on fast.
2) anna goes to hisar asking people not to vote for congress.
3) advani starts another rath yatra (sooner or later that will result into riots and deaths of innocent indians all because this pakistani origin person wants ot be pm of india).
4) rss people are always with anna ..... and that swami is his right hand man.
5) lokpal is nothing but a tooll.... if it passes we will not have any stable govt at the centre for more than 6 months....even if they happen to be honest.

really it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that anna is a rss stooge ....
Team Anna has been at pains to distance themselves from the saffron outfits. Look at the ppl on his team the ones that get the attention, Kejriwal, Hegde, Bhushan, Bedi, Patkar, do they seem like chaddis to you ? Those are his core team. They are all without a doubt left of centre. Its funny because one would have thought they'd get along much better with Congress than the BJP.

Now there are many other ppl invovlved too but i dont think they would be in a position to influence him. Which swami are you takling about ? agnivesh tried to entrap him. Maybe you mean Ramdev, he's not part of the outfit anymore.

mrnikhilsudo said:
he says he has no bank accounts .... really, you dont need one in your name to holds mllions of rupees. I know I will be flamed, but time will show I am correct. this is just a plan to screw the country and our political environment. its just a matter of time before we end up in a civil war of some sorts.
The man sleeps in a room attached to his temple, no i dont think he has bank accounts. His team has got donations from many ppl though. The spreadsheet is on the IAC website.

mrnikhilsudo said:
Talks and behaves like one....plans and holds rallies like one ....... faked a fast like one and used gandhi's name to fool everyone like one...... yup pretty much a politician
Never stood for office.

mrnikhilsudo said:
Going by the poll above here, it seems majority on this forum do not want to vote for anybody.
mrnikhilsudo said:
Ahem ..... let me point out a technical point here. ..... IT Act amendment 2010 ....SEc 80 (you find this out so you can and will remember it :p )

according to this new section .....any and every political party can now receive donations (which used to be in black first) and it is tax free so also to the people donating it(corporates etc) really..... thanks to the new amendments they can virtually receive unlimited amount of fuds in White now....... I didnt see BJP contesting this change in parliament....

as usual Sab Chor Hain!
interesting, so it seems they have already legalised donations to political parties.

^^ it has happened all the time. nothing the election commission can do.

even there were video recordings done during the tamil nadu elections and those were broadcasted on news channels. nothing happened.

the common perception here in mumbai is that the congress combine nutures the slums and makes it a point for them to get a ration card,election card, electricity, free water before the tax payer gets it.

the opposition on paper is opposed to that idea.

so in turn the congress combine ensures that there some sense of insecurity among them if they do not get voted they will be booted out.

the encroachers on the other hand get a free flat which they happily sell off and encroach upon another open govt. land available in the city.

ggt said:
^^ it has happened all the time. nothing the election commission can do.

even there were video recordings done during the tamil nadu elections and those were broadcasted on news channels. nothing happened.
Paid news, cash-for-votes, and Election Commission | The Hindu | April 11, 2011

There is a reason that DMK did not win the last elections isn't there ?

The seizure of cash to the tune of at least Rs. 42 crore and of articles worth several crores of rupees carried by persons with no valid papers relating to the money in their possession only strengthens the case for stepped-up vigil by the Commission.

Chief Election Commissioner S.Y. Quraishi has done well to face the situation head-on and refute the charge that the Election Commission has exceeded its powers in Tamil Nadu. He has emphasised that the Commission was within its constitutional mandate and any criticism was “totally unfair and we dismiss it.” He made it clear that holding free and fair elections was always the Commission's top priority and it would also seek to make the polls peaceful, transparent, and participative. His announcement that the Commission had asked officials to intensify search operations with a view to totally curbing “money power” has won much public appreciation and support.

It is encouraging to see the news media giving such wide publicity to the Election Commission's efforts to clean up the whole process. So far, so good.

If they can do it in TN then why not elsewhere ?

HailStonE said:
I am from a BJP ruled state & belong to the state capital. We have the most terrible roads everywhere especially if you go towards old city which is not a majority area. You can easily see the discrepancies which BJP shows in the development b/w old & new city... But don't take my word for it, try google... Crime rate is at all time high. Earlier when Congress was in power there was no development at all but even BJP didn't do much to improve... The corruption in the govt would surface sooner or later but the fact remains. BJP is not innocent when it comes to corruption & bias....

Buddy, well, you think Mumbai has fared far better? Nope. Attacks on senior citizens, chain snatching, robbery, all these crimes are there here still. Coming to roads, well, hopeless. if i had a penny for each time i went thru a pot hole, i would be a very rich man. But what you say of old and new city still applies here. When i went last month to mantralaya side, i was shocked by the roads! clean and all spic and tidy, free of potholes! Why cant the government do this for the suburbs? Just because politicians use those roads? and not these?

Also I am not exactly pro BJP. I want someone who is not congress right now. and the only alternative I see is the BJP. rest of the parties will combine with either UPA or NDA. 3rd front is a joke, dont want to go into specifics now.

Back