Tax Query.

priyasukumaram

Disciple
After online tax declaration, I have received ITR -V on 12th July 2013 (soft copy on email).

As per the mail i need to mail it to below address within 120 days.
Income Tax Department - CPC,
Post Bag No – 1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bangalore - 560100,
Karnataka

Now i have following questions
In IVR for V
Tax payable(6-7e) is mentioned as rupees 10 only..
How do i pay it?
Do i need to sent them a receipt of tax payment along with IVR-V ?
Whats the difference between Speed post and Ordinary post?(where do i find them in mumbai?)

Ok, just saw .... ordinary post or speed post only within 120 days, I had sent it via normal post & got the confirmation via email & sms few days back.

Tax amount of less than 100 rupees if no paid wont trouble you.Also there is a notification for same so need not worry to pay that.

ITR-V and paying tax are two different things.
ITR-V is the acknowledgement of the IT returns that you filed online. It has to be signed and sent to the mentioned address within 120 days.
Paying Tax has to be done before filing the IT returns and the same has to be mentioned in the Returns so that the "Tax Payable" is NIL. You cannot pay tax now.
As already mentioned, you can ignore if the amount is less than 100, but if it was more than that then you would have to file IT Returns again under "Revised" category after paying the Tax and also Penalty/Interest as you are paying tax and filing after-due-date.

I have one query... How did you file your return with tax payable still mentioned in itr! It shouldn't be accepted.

Now to clear your query. Just sign and post your itr v via Speed post to p the address in bangalore. You are allowed to use speed post. Do yourself a favour and take a scan of the signed copy just in case and backup your pdf files to the cloud. Even thought it is stored in your it account this is a good practice.

Edit :your amount payable is less than 100. No problems then

Back