Tatkal booking/irctc is a pain!

sbhas2k

Adept
Hello all

For the last 1 yr or so tatkal booking has become a pain.. irctc.co.in won't work for an hour in the morning (8 to 9), and by the time it starts working all seats are over and one will at the end of waiting list.. Also the agents asks for almost double the money for booking tickets in tatkal.. I am helpless now, have been trying to book for the past 2 days without any success..

Does anyone has suggestion to book a tatkal ticket ? I am from Mumbai (western line), so if i go to borivali ticket reservation center at 7 am would that help? or is it wise to go any other station ?

Thanks in advance.

Unless you are in top 20-25 of the line , the chances of getting tatkal ticket is same as that you would get in booking online , this is wrt what we have encountered. So make sure you go very early and wait over there

you can go to any reservation center. but going at 7 am is futile as the line will be big.

i remember going to stand in line at 3 or 4 am for booking tatkal. you have to be basically in the front of the line so that at 8am when the counter opens, you are done in the initial few people otherwise by 8.20 - 8.30, tickets on busy sectors get over fast.

Tatkal tickets in trains from mumbai to Rajasthan vanish in all classes within 5 min.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

here is what i do..

open irctc at 7.45 . make out the plan and sharp 7.55 select the class of the particular train. It will keep on loading .. meanwhile write ur name and ID credentials on a notepad.

as soon as the status is loaded start buking the seats and copy paste the name etc.

I try this way and 70 - 80% of the times i am able to buk a ticket. baaki bhagwan bharose
234.gif

P.S : u can make only 2 transactions between 8am to 10am. I didn't know tht.

Haha,, well said, U can have whatever d higher speed of Internet, but can't book d tatkal ticket in irctc.. Thats the way irctc works
tongu23e.gif

But try to login at 750, and be ready with Plan my travel,exactly at 8, u can fill out, but it takes some time, i have tried sumtimes and by luck i hav booked.. at most cases, u fill everything and payment will be failed after long time, that really makes out mad..
crash.gif

here is what i do..

open irctc at 7.45 . make out the plan and sharp 7.55 select the class of the particular train. It will keep on loading .. meanwhile write ur name and ID credentials on a notepad.

as soon as the status is loaded start buking the seats and copy paste the name etc.

I try this way and 70 - 80% of the times i am able to buk a ticket. baaki bhagwan bharose
234.gif

P.S : u can make only 2 transactions between 8am to 10am. I didn't know tht.

hmm.. i had all the details ready

1) Quick book is blocked between 8 to 9 am.. so thats out .. kudos to irctc..

2) After searching for train, the train details loads.. mostly 2 to 3 trains.. then after picking particular train, the availability (top box) keep loading for long... some time communication failure
1ign13.gif

3) Even i it get past this page, now the second page loads to select "from - to" station details, post selecting it point no:2 follows
1ign13.gif

4) If one get success then, irctc will forward to passenger details screen, there that captcha thing loads and loads for how long, god knows
1ign13.gif

5) If someone gets success in all these (i did get success while the waitlist was 3), after making payment and when billdesk redirects back to irctc, it fails
rolleye17.gif

I dunno what else i can do
yay.gif

Use this to fill out the form beforehand

https://addons.mozil...autofill-forms/

Will save you precious minutes coz You will only have to select the values from a drop down list.

Yes, i am using autofill to fill the values, infact written a little macro which automatically fills and press "submit button" as well .. Still no luck
yay.gif

Ya, completely agree with #[member='sbhas2k']; IRCTC site is a big PITA for booking tatkals. Plus they have this "session time-out" system in place, which works without giving the "session continue" option to the user. There were a lot of time, when even after filling all the details the payment page won't load and after some time show the session time-out message.

For tatkals, I usually visit the reservation counter at least 2-2.5 hours before the counter opens, and then pray that I get the tickets. You have to be among the top 15-20 people in the queue, or the chance of getting a ticket will be dim.

The portal does not even run man. It takes multiple log ins just to print an archived ticket. It is totally lame. Also the gateway times out many times. Basically the IRCTC website can: hang anywhere, time out, or and Ajax control continues to refresh -anywhere- and -anytime-.

A harrowing experience

You can try booking through the mobile site -- https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile (use a user agent switcher to use it on a PC)

No captchas etc.

i tried today morning using two laptops + 1 mobile phone. Still no luck
1ign13.gif

Yes, the only option left
sad.gif

Ya, completely agree with #[member='sbhas2k']; IRCTC site is a big PITA for booking tatkals. Plus they have this "session time-out" system in place, which works without giving the "session continue" option to the user. There were a lot of time, when even after filling all the details the payment page won't load and after some time show the session time-out message.

For tatkals, I usually visit the reservation counter at least 2-2.5 hours before the counter opens, and then pray that I get the tickets. You have to be among the top 15-20 people in the queue, or the chance of getting a ticket will be dim.

Here in Mumbai, the agent quote almost twice the fare and they will occupy the line as early as 3 am. In some counter, i had seen people sleeping just to have the best position in the queue.. Worse than Apple's new product launch queue...

The portal does not even run man. It takes multiple log ins just to print an archived ticket. It is totally lame. Also the gateway times out many times. Basically the IRCTC website can: hang anywhere, time out, or and Ajax control continues to refresh -anywhere- and -anytime-.

A harrowing experience

Exactly, the same problem i have faced from 8 to 9 am today.. I dunno what to do to get a ticket
sad.gif

Whichever tools you guys, it never gonna work cos the site never opens. My Tatkal booking success rate is 100% with more than 100 tickets booked till today. The secret is :

I go to station at around 4am & stand in queue
<

Whichever tools you guys, it never gonna work cos the site never opens. My Tatkal booking success rate is 100% with more than 100 tickets booked till today. The secret is :

I go to station at around 4am & stand in queue
54645.gif

Ya, but in Mumbai if the agents occupy the line as early as 3 AM, then it will be a real tough call.

Back