TataSky to start 4k HD service beginning of next year

Actually, many HD channels are broadcast in 1080i@50fps like Discovery, NGC, Sony Six, Star HD 1/2.

Broadcasting in progressive would take double bandwidth of interlaced signal I guess. So its possible that the 4k signal would be interlaced too.

The channels are providing content in 1080i probably but i am telling from my experience of Airtel Digital HD. The signal output from it is detected as 720p only on my Sony Full HD 40 incher.

Shouldn't they at first try to provide actual 1080p instead of 1080i now? 4K really?[DOUBLEPOST=1404787299][/DOUBLEPOST]
i want one of those old cable tv with lightning fast surfing instead of this settop box bullcrap
Lol, I would love to have cable back too, I mean as a secondary option, not for internet though. If I knew DTH services are this finicky under different weather conditions then I should have never cut the cable at first place. Missed the whole bloody game between Germany and France and that still disgusts me.

Last edited:
Just imagined all the makeup and all the closup shaking and light effects of daily serials in 4k :drowning:

Back