Tata Brodband plan change

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Hi Guys ,

I am using Tata broadband 256kbps unlimited plan and now I wanna shift to the Prepaid Time based plan due to the 2mbps Night Unlimited offer. But what is sounding really strange to me is that we cannot shift from a postpaid plan to a prepaid plan. This just doesn't make sense to me. According to the customer care ppl I will have to disconnect my current connection and then apply for a new one. I will also have to pay installation charges again. I am still okay with paying installation charge but what doesn't make sense to me is that they will remove all the wirings and then again install it after a couple of days for the prepaid plan :S:S Isn't that totally absurd ? Correct me if i am wrong but the installation for the prepaid plan is the same as postpaid , right ? Then why remove all the wirings only to install it back later ?
Also is it worth shifting from 256kbps unlimited to the prepaid plan ?? My main concern is downloading.

Bluffmaster said:
but what doesn't make sense to me is that they will remove all the wirings and then again install it after a couple of days for the prepaid plan :S:S Isn't that totally absurd ?

Thats plain stupid. I don't understand why they let morons design the tarrifs and process

Speak to your area Nodal officer and ask him why u need to again pay up the installation charges when your are just shifting plans

Tata Indicom Broadband

TATA is moving everything to Wimax,

i doubt they'll even give u prepaid wireline.

even if they do, u shouldn't expect it to last long.

^^Well I asked that question to the customer care and there reply was " Its the procedure sir, we can't help it". The Customer care of TATA has to be the worst I have dealt with so far. :| I don't mind paying installation charges as I already have a TATA landline at home hence I will have to pay just 125 rs. for 3 months but what is p1ssing me off is why the hell do they need to disconnect my connection and remove the wirings :mad: Also after disconnecting my current plan , it will take them minimum 7 days to activate my prepaid plan. What do you say about that ? :|

salluks said:
TATA is moving everything to Wimax,

i doubt they'll even give u prepaid wireline.

even if they do, u shouldn't expect it to last long.

No they aren't. Atleast not in Delhi yet. If I could get the 2mbps night unlimited even for 4-5 months, I will gladly take it. In that time I will be able to download stuff which will last for atleast an year or two :p

If they didn't have the 2mbps 9-9 hours plan , they would have been out of market by now. Their customer care is pretty pathetic

They call 4-5 times to confirm resolution when no one had fixed the problem or even attended to it...that really pissed me off

^Yes and they have complete Idiots in the form of customer care executives. These guys are so dumb that they can't even answer your simplest query without putting your call on Hold.

If your only worry is downloading, then there is nothing like it, unless you can get a 2MBPS UL plan, which would be like smokin hot!!
But dont let them go on with this stupidity, talk to the nodal officer or go to the office and talk to some senior exec.

Tala ppl are bunch of a$$holes... I am dropping thier connection as soon as its over.. Heck with 2mbps.. I am gonna get BSNL EVDO

dipen01 said:
Tala ppl are bunch of a$$holes... I am dropping thier connection as soon as its over.. Heck with 2mbps.. I am gonna get BSNL EVDO

First collect all the details about EVDO. It is not as good as it looks. My friend who has EVDO has recently found out that they have around 50 static ips for each region, and once those 50 ips are used or in use, the people who connect after that are alloted a shared ip.
Extremely slow torrent speeds.

Back