Linux Taking errant manufacturers to court for not following GPL

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
So,

I have been thinking of getting the MiPad 1. The only issue? No Lolipop/MM love.

CM 12/13 are OK at best and buggy at worst. And since this seems to be an issue with kernel sources - Xiaomi have not released the kernel sources. And they have not done the same for most other devices as well

Nvidia has released the sources for its Jetson board - no points for guessing that Xiaomi is to blame.

How about asking for help from the EFF and taking them (Xiaomi) to court? I was thinking that Hugo would be thinking in more clear terms, but it seems he too is a dead cause.

Thinking...

PS : Since I use pfsense and other linux/freebsd distros, and cant help them with commits and others stuff, I help with deployment of these distros, for free to all.

adventureguy

Skilled
Nov 16, 2015
Hyderabad
They recently asked for testers for Mi pad. So it turns out miui8 is in the works. Bad news? Its still based on kitkat.

Xiaomi released sources for teagra 4. Wonder why they don't give a F about teagra 3 and Mipad.

Mi pad2 uses intel processor and thats another long story[DOUBLEPOST=1472968969][/DOUBLEPOST]Mi Pad 1, in the limited time I used it, is still an excellent capable device even after crossing 2 years after launch[DOUBLEPOST=1472969081][/DOUBLEPOST]btw have a look here[DOUBLEPOST=1472969228][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.xda-developers.com/gplv2-and-its-infringement-by-xiaomi/

Last edited:
Reactions: vishalrao