Tablet: Is Lenovo Yoga 10inch worth buying @ 14650/-?

khaleelda1

Disciple
Hello Guys!

My Cube30GT finally crashed after serving me for many years need to replace it.

Usage: General living room usage, by everyone, basic games, surfing, youtube etc

have zeroed in on Lenova Yoga 10incher from amazon.com available for 14650Rs.

Please let me know if there is some better deal available India or abroad (US).

Thanks in advance!!

Comparing 'mi' to Lenovo is like comparing apples to oranges. There is simply no comparison in terms of brand.

'mi' will give you better configuration for lower price. As all the Chinese brands do. But, the after sale service is going to be crapy to nil.

Lenovo might not give you that kind of configuration. But, atleast you would be assured that if something goes wrong. Which usually do, in 1 yr time. Then your investment is not down in the drain.

Think about it before you buy any Chinese brand.

Comparing 'mi' to Lenovo is like comparing apples to oranges. There is simply no comparison in terms of brand.

'mi' will give you better configuration for lower price. As all the Chinese brands do. But, the after sale service is going to be crapy to nil.

Lenovo might not give you that kind of configuration. But, atleast you would be assured that if something goes wrong. Which usually do, in 1 yr time. Then your investment is not down in the drain.

He is getting the Lenovo tab from the US. So he will not be getting warranty in India anyway.

^ You can't wait for 2 more days? Read the specs for Mi pad and decide for yourself.

oopsie! dint realise its just 2 days! :p

specs look good....price should be close to 240$ as i read somewhere online.....

worth waiting for! :)
He is getting the Lenovo tab from the US. So he will not be getting warranty in India anyway.

yep true that! but in my experience.....with the chinese products even the well experienced repairmens are helpless once it goes kaput.

as against mainstream products they somehow find jugaad.

case in point: cube30gt which is a well known tablet across online communities, got struck during an update. And thereafter refused to switch on.
the best in town (mysore) repairmen gave up after days of perseverance.
had this been a samsung/acer/asus/hcl etc, i am sure they could find someway around.

(this is just my observation, i may be waay off of line)

oopsie! dint realise its just 2 days! :p

specs look good....price should be close to 240$ as i read somewhere online.....

worth waiting for! :)

yep true that! but in my experience.....with the chinese products even the well experienced repairmens are helpless once it goes kaput.

as against mainstream products they somehow find jugaad.

case in point: cube30gt which is a well known tablet across online communities, got struck during an update. And thereafter refused to switch on.
the best in town (mysore) repairmen gave up after days of perseverance.
had this been a samsung/acer/asus/hcl etc, i am sure they could find someway around.

(this is just my observation, i may be waay off of line)
May be. May not be.
The Micromax/HCL tablets are usually rebranded Chinese tablets.
And please do not take the name of HCL with that of a respected manufacturer like Samsung.

[rant]Me and my friends are suffering with HCL laptops which was provided to us forcefully.
Out of 250 laptops, 150+ had to replace their LCD panels within 3 years. My HDD conked off just after 1year had passed.

A friend bought a HCL tab. It started giving problems within 6months. He has switched to a Nexus 7
[/rant]

I had an ipad which went kaput after one year. It costs Rs 7000 to replace the battery and it is lying as a paper weight now.

I had an ipad which went kaput after one year. It costs Rs 7000 to replace the battery and it is lying as a paper weight now.
I would say that it was just a bad luck that it lasted for so less. As can be the case with all other brands as well. But, the point here is that, if that would have gone kaput in one year than they would have replaced it with no questions asked. Which is not the case with any other Chinese brand. Also, the quality and brand value is much different.

I would say that it was just a bad luck that it lasted for so less. As can be the case with all other brands as well. But, the point here is that, if that would have gone kaput in one year than they would have replaced it with no questions asked. Which is not the case with any other Chinese brand. Also, the quality and brand value is much different.

My point was 1 year down the lane, branded or non branded, both can go wrong. I had the lcd screen bleeding issue when I got the ipad (from US), I was asked to send it back to US to get a replacement since I had my name engraved in it. So even with branded items things are not very smooth even within the guaranty period.

My point was 1 year down the lane, branded or non branded, both can go wrong. I had the lcd screen bleeding issue when I got the ipad (from US), I was asked to send it back to US to get a replacement since I had my name engraved in it. So even with branded items things are not very smooth even within the guaranty period.
Look if you are importing from some other country than you can't blame the brand for not honoring the warranty/having difficulty in warranty.
With chinese brands you don't get reliable hardware that is much more prone to breakdown before 1 yr compared to brands like apple.

But, with chinese brands you don't/can't expect warranty even in india as well.

Back