Table Tennis Paddle

Parv

Adept
I was using a Stag Power-Drive for quite some time until the rubber on red side was torn, when I hit the table with the paddle, instead of the ball :ashamed: (foot slipped)

Digging TE brought me to the following thread

http://www.techenclave.com/chatterbits/table-tennis-72004.html

Anish had given nice suggestions about few Custom set-ups, but since I'm not pro, I'd like to get pre-made pedal again :p

Budget: Around 2K

Playing Style: FH Drives and Loops, BH Drives and chop

I'm from Bangalore and I'd like to get the paddle locally, though I can always order from playgroundonline :)

Currenly looking at

eBay India: Buterfly TT - Table Tennis Bat

eBay India: GKI Euro XX Table Tennis Bat with Cover

eBay India: Butterfly Table Tennis Bat

There is a Butterfly Primorac Attack Table Tennis Bat also for 2k.

All of them have Flared Handle except Butterfly Yuki which has both Flared and Anatomic Variant.

So I'm looking at Butterfly Yuki mainly because of Anatomic Handle :)

So what do you guys recommend?

^^Even i used to play with offensive XX, was looking for it on ebay and its priced at rs 800 whereas i bought it for rs 400 when i was playing.

Guys, where do you generally play ? I moved to B'lore couple of months back, & i am dying to play TT. I am in Yelahanka N.Town. No club of any sort near my place.

In my apartment, there is big gym room which has a TT table + carom board as well apart from general gym equipments :)

And since I had Stag Power-Drive which I bought around 6-7 years back for around 700bucks IIRC, I'd like to buy something better now :)

Neat thread :D.
Sorry for hijacking the thread but I also need a new TT bat.
I play mostly backhand and forehand loops.
Play backhand shots mostly and chop a LOT. Not that strong on the forehand (something I am working on).
Max I can spend is 3-5K(the cheaper the better) and would want a one stop solution for atleast an year.
Any suggestions are welcome.

err.. You should have created a seperate thread as you have higher budget + in that budget everybody will suggest custom set-up,

which is kind useless suggestion for me as I'm looking for a pre-made paddle.

Parv said:
^^ may be much more than a beginner :)
Parv said:
In my apartment, there is big gym room which has a TT table + carom board as well apart from general gym equipments :)

And since I had Stag Power-Drive which I bought around 6-7 years back for around 700bucks IIRC, I'd like to buy something better now :)
Why do you want to settle down to a pre-made paddle ? When you have a 5+ years experience of playing TT with a pre-made paddle , getting again the same thing , looks waste to me.

If you really want to improve your game , get a custom made one.

If you want to stick with a pre-made one , any of the blades posted in the first post is fine.

I had started playing TT around 10 years back, it's not my main game.

and I had skipped TT for a lot of time in between in these 10years, like played for few months and then may be skipped a whole years because I was able to continue with my main game.

Custom set-up idea is excellent, and of-course it's also good to have good equipment but I've no idea about where to get it made, and if I'm not wrong custom setup will have less life compared to pre-made.

That's why looking for a pre-made.

^^I also landed in Blore today...and I play TT quite well:) but nowhere to play except for office:(

Do u wanna meet up to play TT

BTW: I have a Mark V for forehand and Sliver for BH...and a Stiga Ply and a Stag Box. I had a GKI Euro XXX earlier which is still amazing. Cost me around 1000 bucks 5 years back and is amazing for offensive play. Let me know if u wanna try it out

^^ great choices there :) do you plan to assemble them or they'll do it for you (paid service)?
vercetti said:
^^I also landed in Blore today...and I play TT quite well:) but nowhere to play except for office:(
Do u wanna meet up to play TT

BTW: I have a Mark V for forehand and Sliver for BH...and a Stiga Ply and a Stag Box. I had a GKI Euro XXX earlier which is still amazing. Cost me around 1000 bucks 5 years back and is amazing for offensive play. Let me know if u wanna try it out
You meant GKI Euro XX ? right?

I'll be very happy if you can lend me your Euro XX for few days :) and we can surely meet but I'm not very very good at TT :ashamed: I stay near Old Airport.

Cool mate....where do u play usually?

abhaybhegde said:
I guess Parv...Its XX or xXX not sure. the rubber is a little dead but still churns out ultimate top spins.

Old airport is just too far away as I stay near airport road

Parv said:
You meant GKI Euro XX ? right?

I'll be very happy if you can lend me your Euro XX for few days :) and we can surely meet but I'm not very very good at TT :ashamed: I stay near Old Airport.

Played TT for Delhi about 5 years back.
Buy a Mark 5, or for chops and serves which nobody can pick, buy what is known as Doctor !
It was banned when I used to play :p
One small suggestion, use one kind of rubber and get it machine cut, not manually.
Ply is more of what fells good to you, people prefer offensive/stiga ones since they're lighter. I prefered some weight on my paddle.
Infact I even ripped of the rubber on mmy first power drive. :)
Also, all you guys , in the end it's the game. ALl the mentioned ones are good, buy any of these trusted ones and spend the time playing rather than researching :p

Wow, nice to see TT enthusiasts on TE! I had a Butterfly Yuki-FL premade bat which I used for 3 years. It's been discontinued now and the new Yuki II-FL is inferior to the original - new one has Wakaba rubber whereas the old one had Flextra rubber. The Primorac Attack premade seems to be the equivalent of the old Yuki-FL since it too uses Flextra rubber.
Currently, I have a Butterfly Petr Korbel-FL blade with Yasaka Mark V rubber on forehand as well as backhand. Got it from "The Champion Sports" in Dhobi Talao(near Metro Cinema) in Mumbai. Total price paid was 3150.
Butterfly Petr Korbel-FL - 1450
Yasaka Mark V rubber - 750*2
Racket bag - 200
This setup is a bit heavier but faster compared to the Butterfly Jonyer-FL(or AN, not sure)/Mark V combo I see a lot of guys using.

^^ Man, you use Mark V on both forehand and backhand? Isnt there a variation in your game for the two? I will be using the Mark V on forehand but want to use something else on the backhand (Stiga Chop and Drive is locally available but I have been reading rave reviews about Gambler Outlaw but sadly it isnt available in India :( ). In my case, I chop a lot and use looping drives in case of backhand so would prefer a better gripping/more time on the ball blade unlike the Mark V.

Any suggestions that you may have for the Backhand rubber for me?

Mark V is an allround rubber so its OK for all kinds of shots. I've seen some guys using Sriver FX on the backhand though, they say its a bit slower and spinnier.

b_naresh said:
Wow, nice to see TT enthusiasts on TE! I had a Butterfly Yuki-FL premade bat which I used for 3 years. It's been discontinued now and the new Yuki II-FL is inferior to the original - new one has Wakaba rubber whereas the old one had Flextra rubber. The Primorac Attack premade seems to be the equivalent of the old Yuki-FL since it too uses Flextra rubber.

Currently, I have a Butterfly Petr Korbel-FL blade with Yasaka Mark V rubber on forehand as well as backhand. Got it from "The Champion Sports" in Dhobi Talao(near Metro Cinema) in Mumbai. Total price paid was 3150.

Butterfly Petr Korbel-FL - 1450

Yasaka Mark V rubber - 750*2

Racket bag - 200

This setup is a bit heavier but faster compared to the Butterfly Jonyer-FL(or AN, not sure)/Mark V combo I see a lot of guys using.

Butterfly Timo Boll Yuki Series Table Tennis Bat. A quality bat at a great price High quality Blade with comfortable and attractive flared handle Red and Black Butterfly Flextra ITTF approved reversed rubber with 2.0mm sponge for excellent spin and speed Butterfly protective edging tape

Grip: Anatomic

Control : 9

Speed : 10

The description says this, also it's Yuki and not Yuki-II :)

So i think as i said earlier I was already leaning to Yuki because I can get the Anatomic handle version, with this rubber thing now I think I'll order this one :)

BTW all you guys please post your Handle style i.e. flared or straight or anatomic

Thanks

Back