CPU/Mobo System restarts

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
well it's a pretty funny situation, but my computer seems to have developed "AI" :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: ,if that's what you'd like to term as "evolution" as it
just seems to reboot at will, for no reason:no: , it so happened that i used it without a UPS for a while and then after some time, the symptoms showed up.i tried formatting>reinstalling, even replaced the HDD and yes the problem doesn't exist when i boot in "SAFE MODE" i'm afraid that my mobo has gone bad....but i hope there's a simple soln. to this complex problem :)

any help will be great

Nope, nothing wrong with your mobo cuz ur sys does not restart in safe mode.

Must be some device which is causing the problem, update all your drivers, check for hardware conflicts, tell us exactly when your sytem restarts, give us details on os, mobo, graphics, ram etc. have you o/c your system in anyway. what have you changed lately in sys.

the system reboots whenever i select a drop down menu or select any of the file-edit-view-.... tabs on the windows pane.....i dunno what it's called :dumbo:

yes it reboots also when i access the web or when i open acrobat reader :(

^fine, but are sure all the problems disappear once you are in safe mode, it never restarts ?

only in normal mode it restarts, basically you open anything it restarts, also did you install any alternate shell replacements.

so the problem is confined to which os, or is it present in both ?

run chkdsk, anti-spyware, anti-virus, clear your cache cookies, look in device manager for any device errors, update all your drivers to the latest versions, look in task manager and see if any application is taking 100% cpu time, check your start up entries - in safe mode the system does not load the start up entries, your problem still is vague :(

also check for any memory errors, run memtest. what about your graphics card, system temperatures etc, if you have changed something in bios lately then bring it to default.

Back