Switching over to Galaxy Nexus from Galaxy SII

ahd

Adept
Hi,
I went to a local shop today and I almost made up my mind for switching to Galaxy Nexus from S2 as soon as the shopkeeper told me that the switchover would cost me only 3k. But then, I decided to wait and check out some reviews of GNex. So far everything seems fine.

So is the switchover good ? I'm getting a phone which is not covered under warranty and also samsung service centres wont repair it if something goes wrong.

Any downsides of Galaxy Nexus when compared to S2 (Btw, I've an S2 in brandnew condition)

The shopkeeper is looting you!

BTW, newer Nexus (series) will be launched soon, so it really makes no sense at all to spend money and get a phone which has slightly outdated hardware. And a worser camera.

Keep the S2, and if you have to have the latest Android version, flash CM10.

Yeah its a sealed pack brand new phone.

Edit : I don't want to switch to a newer nexus phone as it would not be less than 35K. Looking for a cheap switchover that still counts for a decent upgrade.

The nexus is a much better phone than the S2 in every way. I personally hate the S2 display. They all have a weird blue/green tinge. And TXW UI makes things a lot worse. With the nexus you'll get a richer google experience, before anyone else! The GNex will be one of the best buys for a long long time, especially with Android 4.2 early next year

I use both the phones and do not find any difference whatsoever in the performance. Stick with the S2 and flash a custom / lean ROM and enjoy the S2.
The S2 is a kickass phone when we talk about processing power and I plan to use it for another year or so and then look for an upgrade in the market !!

Back