Graphic Cards Suugest a new Graphics card

madan535

Disciple
Hi,

I want to buy a new GFX Card. Because my card is outdated to play latest games.

Here are my Current Specs:

Intel 945GCNL Motherboard,

Processor Core 2 DUO 2.2 GHZ

2GB RAM ,

My current GFX XFX 7200GS/7300SE

Budget 4k- 4.5k

For that price range...

NVIDIA> gts 440....or by spending a little extra, gt yourself a gts450

ATI> HD5750....or once again spend a little extra and gt a 5770

From your motherboard, i guess you have a pentium 4/D proccy .... I suggest you make sure that there wouldn't be any bottleneck. You have to upgrade your SMPS too, so i guess you may have to increase your budget drastically to play the 'latest' games.

Regards,
nj

xOVErClOcKeRx said:
For that price range...
NVIDIA> gts 440....or by spending a little extra, gt yourself a gts450
ATI> HD5750....or once again spend a little extra and gt a 5770
I've never heard of the GTS 440 where did you see this one :O, ID-ed it, an OEM piece bruv you can't buy it on the open market. GeForce GT 440 - OEM
Anyways the GTS 450 is a sad card by all rights, in most conditions it either gets overshadowed by the HD 5770 OR in other cases gets outmaneuvered by the tactically priced HD 5670, it like Darth Vader's Force CHOKE.

madan535 said:
My Processor is Core 2 due 2.2 GHZ

Bruve they are asking for the Power Supply Unit (PSU) also called Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) in certain cases not your processor and its speed, your current set-up will be a bottleneck for the new card. I think you should go for a cumulative UP to the new Sandy-Bridge platform, if don't have the budget look towards AMD OR hold till June when the new AMD Zambezi and BullDozers roll out.

This is what the SMPS is -- Switched-mode power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this solves the confusion and helps you tell us which brand it is and what rating :).

madan535 said:
Hi,

I want to buy a new GFX Card. Because my card is outdated to play latest games.

Here are my Current Specs:

Intel 945GCNL Motherboard,

Processor Core 2 DUO 2.2 GHZ

2GB RAM ,

My current GFX XFX 7200GS/7300SE

Budget 4k- 4.5k

Should my system be a bottleneck

Iam thinking to buy SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

can any one tell

will SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB

Iam going to buy this weekend

Dude listen first to what everybody suggested. You first have to look on your psu/smps. Its a local make so not at all recommended by anybody here to run your current config + the new gpu you will purchase. It may happen you may blow your entire machine just due that local psu/smps.

So invest in a better psu like seasonic or corsair vx series and then think on a gpu. You system will be saved in this way :)

Smps should be of good brand quality to support your machine and future upgrades. Else there will be a war for power and everybody looses the war and what remains is a dead machine accompanied by some burnt components & damaged peripherals. It voids all the warranty left.

Checked your motherboard online bruv, is it this one as seen in the rough flow diagram.

Intel® Desktop Board D945GCL — Board component diagram – D945GCL

If it is not this one then which one is it, give us a link, with the details of the board mentioned properly. Either ways if you want to get your Graphic card upped you'll need to up your PSU to the FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/- OR Gigabyte Superb 460W -- Theitdepot - Gigabyte Superb 460W GE-R460-V1 Power Supply, then depending if you want to enjoy an okay gaming experience or an amazing run upgrade your RIG to current day specifications or let it soldier on till its death then salvage the graphics card from the system and transplant it in the newer RIG. Either ways a new PSU is a must, or do not buy anything.

you said GCNL in your original post and here it is GCL , decide bruv

anyway i doubt the card will wwork as the slot is not PCI express 2.0 but the old PCI express

sorry a new mobo + a PSU + a GFX card is what you require minimum

and a CPU upgrade is advisable for no bottle necks

i would suggest

CPU -> AMD Anthlon X3 445 --> 3450

GFX card -- > Sapphire HD 5670 --> 4620

MOBO --> Asus M4A78LT --> 2600

PSU --> FSP SAGA II 500W --> 1995

all prices from SMC website directly

total - 12665

alternatively take

Asus M4A88TMLE for 3900 and try unlocking the 4th core iny your processor , i dunno if it has been blocked

Okay you definitely need to upgrade your PSU, no matter what bruv, as for graphics as I said earlier depends on what type of response okay or best possible, I would upgrade the entire RIG if I were in your position and had the option.

Sackboy said:
you said GCNL in your original post and here it is GCL , decide bruv

anyway i doubt the card will wwork as the slot is not PCI express 2.0 but the old PCI express

sorry a new mobo + a PSU + a GFX card is what you require minimum

and a CPU upgrade is advisable for no bottle necks

i would suggest

CPU -> AMD Anthlon X3 445 --> 3450
GFX card -- > Sapphire HD 5670 --> 4620
MOBO --> Asus M4A78LT --> 2600
PSU --> FSP SAGA II 500W --> 1995

all prices from SMC website directly

total - 12665

alternatively take

Asus M4A88TMLE for 3900 and try unlocking the 4th core iny your processor , i dunno if it has been blocked
The Old PCi-E and new PCi-E 2.0 slots are intercompatible so no need to worry on that issue. Rest suggested RIG is good as a replacement on budget, the AMD processor can be unlocked in 90% of the cases just take care to recommend a motherboard which can handle the resulting increase in TDP.

I guess the OP has a limited budget...

@OP

We really suggest you upgrade your PSU, Go for the FSP Saga... might increase your budget by 2.5k, but it's an investment.... Else your new card might blow your whole system(No joke) You can consider it as an insurance policy :)

Back