Super cheap phone for mum?

gforce

Adept
Mum's W300i went dead last week for some weird reason - the radio was playing when I unplugged the headset and the phone went dead. PCB repair is not possible at the local SE service center since its a US phone.

Anyhow, I need to get a phone for her by the end of the week. To make up for the loss, I'll probably cook (or rather microwave) some noodles for her as well. :D

Any suggestions for a sturdy phone for ~1.5k-2k? She doesn't need a high res display but a flip is preferred over a candybar. She uses the phone for all her photographic needs (dislikes proper cameras), so a camera+video recording and large on-board memory (or an expandable memory slot) to store pictures are necessary. No chinese disposable phones please. Any SEs in that price range?

I don't know if you can get a camera phone for less than 2K. However there are many phones without a camera available for 2K. I personally like the Nokia 1650 for 1750.00

Try to increase your budget. It is not possible to get a good camera phone with exapandable memory at 2K unless you go 2nd hand.

Also check out the mobile phone advisor thread.

You will to opt for second hand ones,say a SEW200i.Which meets your requirements and budget.

Among new ones, the only option I can think of are those LG cdma phones from reliance.

Thanks for the suggestions. However, the 1650 does not have a camera while the 2760 has appalling memory (10MB only) and no card slot.

If I increase my budget to 3k-3.5k, can I get something decent? Reliance is out since # portability is non-existent in India right now.

Back