Sukam Inverter - "Hissss" noise from all fans

You seem to play a lot with inverter. I rarely get time. For me its fit & forget. Sukam guys comes every 6 months to check water level & top up.

As long as it runs 2 fans, 2 lights, 1 LCD, 1 laptop & Wifi. I am fine. I am not into load testing :)

I wonder if 850 VA can run so many things like you said - quad core pc , 32 in lcd, 5 tubelight, 4 fan, 2 cfl.

Why run a donkey in the race when its already walking fine. Donkeys are not for race, one needs horse :p

hi all, i recently installed su-kam shiny 1500va with 2X120 ah tubular batteries. The exhaust fan in the inverter runs only when the batteries are getting charged and when the load is more than 200 watts in the backup mode. If we the load is less than 200 watts the fan runs for 2-3 mins once every hour.

hi all, i recently installed su-kam shiny 1500va with 2X120 ah tubular batteries. The exhaust fan in the inverter runs only when the batteries are getting charged and when the load is more than 200 watts in the backup mode. If we the load is less than 200 watts the fan runs for 2-3 mins once every hour.

@scudmissile07

How much did the whole package end up costing you? I'm planning on buying a similar configuration for my home usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
@indy1811
I installed it in my native a village near shimoga, with those 120 ah batteries fully charged you can get around 4-5 hours with tv, computer,1 fan and around 3-4 cfls running. I bought it from shimoga, if you are buying from bangalore try this "http://www.magnett.co.in/Magnett_Technologies/Hot_Deals_-_Su-Kam_Home_UPS.html" seems reasonable also enquire local vendors.
i opted for 1.5kva to run mixer as well, if you use ups for only tv, computer and lighting then buy 800/850va ups with one battery, my cousin has installed it in their house with load of 1tv, low spec computer and 4 cfls they get a back up of 3-4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back