Suggestions required for a ultra-compact but powerful desktop

Thanks. I will go with the Corsair CX430 V2 and the Nvidia Geforce GTX650Ti (Brand? Zotac?). Also the Sidewinder X4 looks neat and is backlit too. I will also have a look at the G400 Logitech mouse.

I am located at Raipur, Chhattisgarh and availability of parts is a major issue over here. I might have to get everything shipped from outside.

Okes, mate. Wish you luck with the build and keep us posted. Cheers!

Mohit you should get a 4 GB single stick for future proofing.
Thanks. I will go with the Corsair CX430 V2 and the Nvidia Geforce GTX650Ti (Brand? Zotac?). Also the Sidewinder X4 looks neat and is backlit too. I will also have a look at the G400 Logitech mouse.

I am located at Raipur, Chhattisgarh and availability of parts is a major issue over here. I might have to get everything shipped from outside.

Just another question, is there any mini itx board with built in onboard graphics? A friend requires an ultra compact rig for home use and no gaming. So he is looking for something without a graphics card. A slower processor will also do. Thanks.

Just another question, is there any mini itx board with built in onboard graphics? A friend requires an ultra compact rig for home use and no gaming. So he is looking for something without a graphics card. A slower processor will also do. Thanks.

Your configuration minus the graphic card is good enough for his needs.

The Intel processors now integrate the iGP onto the CPU itself. The motherboard (chipset) just needs to be compatible and support relevant outputs on its I / O panel. Cheers!

Your configuration minus the graphic card is good enough for his needs.

The Intel processors now integrate the iGP onto the CPU itself. The motherboard (chipset) just needs to be compatible and support relevant outputs on its I / O panel. Cheers!

YGPM mate :)

Bumping this thread. I have been asked by a friend to build him an ultra compact rig similar as mine. Budget is around 35-40K (flexible). He wants to use the rig for gaming as well as surfing and other work. Please suggest the following components for the rig as per availability and pricing currently in the market:

Processor - Intel / AMD
Motherboard - Mini ITX form factor
Cabinet - Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced. Is this still the best?
HDD - 500 GB / I TB
Monitor - 20" or so
PSU - Corsair CX430 V2. Is this still the best recommended?
RAM - 2 X 2GB ? Which ones?
GPU - Something value for money and capable. Under 10K anyhow.
UPS - APC or similar.
Keyboard / Mouse

Thanks.

Back