CPU/Mobo Suggestions Needed for i7 and z77 combo!

Hi, i'm looking for a best cheapest possible i7 + z77 mobo combo, i have shortlisted the following combo
i7 2600k + Asrock z77 extreme4 which is costing me 27k. is thr any other combo available in the above price range?

Hi, i'm looking for a best cheapest possible i7 + z77 mobo combo, i have shortlisted the following combo
i7 2600k + Asrock z77 extreme4 which is costing me 27k. is thr any other combo available in the above price range?

What exactly do you want to do with this combo [apart from over-clocking]?

No oc, just some good bling bling and gaming!

Then just settle for a Core i5 3550 ~14500/- and an ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/- and you have all the bling you need + plentiful of gaming performance.

Also if you feel you are need of further bling, purchase a SVG Tech HOC 20 ~4500/- and replace the stock fans with 2 xCooler Master SickleFlow 120mm LED high-CFM fans for ~450/- [a piece]. This should make all the bling... well blingy-er as well as serve a practical purpose of keeping your components cool.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

thanks for the reply! But i m just looking for the i7 bling! I knw in gaming both i5 and i7 aren't having a big difference, but its just i want to upgrade :p, also asus service is handled by rashi which pretty much sucks in any case! i got an offer of 23k for i7 2600k + p8p67 deluxe. But is it good to choose p67 over z77 ?

thanks for the reply! But i m just looking for the i7 bling!
But is it good to choose p67 over z77 ?

Your choice Kanishk I just spoke my mind.

The P67 is older chipset and I would suggest that you avoid it due to the following reasons --
  • lack of support for the iGP in the Core i7 2600k. This is a feature that the Z77 boasts and can save you if your discrete graphics card plays truant;
  • native USB 3.0 support, allows faster transfer rates over these ports;
  • smaller fabrication capitalizes on the efficiency of any already super efficient design;

Apart from that I suggest that you go for an ASUS motherboard over ASRock simply because the former are a known quantity in the market and most shopkeepers know it by name something that the ASRock cannot say for itself and I seriously doubt that is has a better after sales network in India than ASUS [very few shops stock ASRock components, even fewer know about them] thanks to low circulation in the market their after sales falls in the grey area.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Yes, that indeed helped me out in choosing the z77 chipset! I just called the mediaman delhi office and placed a query about the asrock motherboard, otherwise will hit NP tomorrow and try to snatch it from thr if its available!

Asus quality > than ASrock quality from the few high end boards I have seen in the current chipset (Z77). If you are not going to OC, then yu are better of with the non K models for i7/i5. Gaming wise, i5 or i7 is not going to make a difference. Its not going to make a difference in day to day use as well.

i sometimes feel adventurous and might hit the bios, that why opted for k model! my 2 asus boards died some years back due to power surge, but thr aren't any physical damages occurred to them, also an asus odd drive, have a terrible experience with rashi peripherals

Back