Suggestions for a new computer table

Aarvee

Disciple
Hi All,

I am planning to get a new computer table for myself.
My machine is a gaming rig.
Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Here are my requirements.

1. Got a 24" lcd monitor
  2. NZXT gamma cabinet
  3. Have a 5.1 Creative speaker set
  4. Space for my 550VA UPS
  5. Also space for a ink-jet printer

Regards,
Vikram.

kippu said:
pick up yellow pages ,

check furniture shops ,

locate your area ,

go to the shops ,

see and buy
Any suggestion for branded ones ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The thing is i am looking for design suggestions.

all the tables that normal furniture stores stock are the cheap mdf board based crap.

i would suggest hiring a carpenter and get something simple designed..

do not make a separate compartment for cabinet..keep the space around it open.

a large tray for keyboard where you can keep your mouse too..it is advisable to keep both at the same level for comfort.

design the keyboard at a level such that your hands can rest on that tray from elbow and beyond...those keep the arms comfortable.

the ready-made tables have tiny keyboard trays and the mouse board is at a level ~6" above that..very uncomfortable if you sit around for hours.

vikram ravi said:
Hi All,

I am planning to get a new computer table for myself.
My machine is a gaming rig.
Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Here are my requirements.

1. Got a 24" lcd monitor
  2. NZXT gamma cabinet
  3. Have a 5.1 Creative speaker set
  4. Space for my 550VA UPS
  5. Also space for a ink-jet printer

Regards,
Vikram.
What do you make of this seen in this thread ?

madnav said:
all the tables that normal furniture stores stock are the cheap mdf board based crap.

a large tray for keyboard where you can keep your mouse too..it is advisable to keep both at the same level for comfort.
design the keyboard at a level such that your hands can rest on that tray from elbow and beyond...those keep the arms comfortable.
the ready-made tables have tiny keyboard trays and the mouse board is at a level ~6" above that..very uncomfortable if you sit around for hours.

I'm going to agree with this. Hire a carpenter and have a good sturdy table made to your liking. Somehow md fibre boards which these table's come in furniture shops seem rather flimsy to me. This was the reason when i wanted a table for my PC's I had a carpenter make one. :)

personally I like the table below :eek:hyeah: but I don't have it though :bleh:

_

Attachments

• comtable1.jpg
    comtable1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 34
Surprisingly, Big Bazaar has some good choices. I picked up mine in Big Bazaar for a relatively cheap price. Don't know about the quality of wood. But after nearly 3 years it looks brand new. But if you are looking for a better deal. Check for online designs, consult a carpenter about how much wood you require. Go buy it yourself and have the carpenter cut and assemble it for you.

If you want some good design choices, check out IKEA catalogues.

Thanks guys. Thats a lot of suggestions. :)

Thought that people would think i am crazy to post something about a computer table.

As always, TE has suggested me something better.

madnav said:

Thanks for your suggestion dude. Will definitely keep the guidelines in mind.

neoronin said:
Surprisingly, Big Bazaar has some good choices. I picked up mine in Big Bazaar for a relatively cheap price. Don't know about the quality of wood. But after nearly 3 years it looks brand new. But if you are looking for a better deal. Check for online designs, consult a carpenter about how much wood you require. Go buy it yourself and have the carpenter cut and assemble it for you.

If you want some good design choices, check out IKEA catalogues.

@Neo - Thanks mate. Will check out BigBazaar and also IKEA is a good idea.

Alrite, checked Zuari furniture during the weekend. It's crap.

Not looking for a branded stuff now.

Looking for suggestions for designs my friends.

Is is possible to hook up my monitor to the wall of the table ??

If yes, how much thickness should the wood be ?

Regards,

Vikram.

Back