CPU/Mobo [Suggestion Needed] Choosing MoBo for existing AM2 X2 4200+

MaRKiV

Adept
I am thinking of moving from my current mobo to one the newer mobo

The reason i am shifting -

1. To make my system less power hungry and lot more quieter

2. I am losing my urge to game and rather use my system for watching movies and browsing

3. Yes i do game but pre 2007 games (NFS-mw and its likes) :ashamed: I feel i am not using my gfx card to its fullest potential. would the current 785G / 790GX series mobo give me good playable fps?

4. Its my upgrade path, first my mobo then get a decent gfx card (for light gaming n movie watching) and later my ram n proccy. (the upgrade itself would take anywhere bet 6 months - 1yr in all :bleh: )

Please suggest me a good mobo within 5k, also is it ok to get a MB from US thru KMD, its tempting with the new diwali offer :D

I would also like to know if i will be able to OC my current proccy a bit like till 2.5GHz with the new Mobo on stock cooler?

My requirements
1. A good mobo, stable Mobo, less issues the better (minimum/NO BIOS or heating issues)
2. I need a good IGP since i wont be using my gfx card and with good onboard sound driver.
3. A good OCer.
4. i use 3 HDDs and 4 ramsticks... so i want atleast 5 sata ports (future upgrade) and 4 dimm slots.
5. A bit future proof (atleast till an year)

:cool2:

Biostar TA785GE 128MB is the one u want...

It has 6 SATA ports, Onboard HD 4200 graphic with 128MB DDR2 sideport.... 710 southbridge...

Price 4.2k :)

HailStonE said:
Biostar TA785GE 128MB is the one u want...

It has 6 SATA ports, Onboard HD 4200 graphic with 128MB DDR2 sideport.... 710 southbridge...

Price 4.2k :)

I am reading some good reviews about this Mobo.. is it a good option for an upgrade?

I am also planing to get a LCD monitor soon.. will the IGP be powerful enuf for Full HD?

How about its oc abilities?

and I would like more options like some MB from Asus and Gigabyte... off these three which one is a performer?

^.. ASUS & Gigabyte will be more expensive... The mobo has good OC features... Google it & you would see... some decent overclocks achieved on it.. IGP is good for HD decoding but not powerful enough for HD gaming, for which you will have to get a graphic card... Nevertheless you can play most games at lower resolution...

Also 785G has power saving features which 780G didn't had... it dynamically reduces its clock frequency & consume slightly less power... Less heat as well....

Go for a AMD 740G chipset based mobo (Gigabyte has a good one), which offer excellent power savings,quite operation,DVI port (HDCP) ready for an LCD monitor and also future proof at very basic price as you can add the latest Phenom 2 Quad Core & Tricore cpu's if you plan to upgrade in future.

If you are willing to spend a little more then go for 785 G Chipset based mobo which offer more 3D performance over the 740 G chipset mobo.

Is there any good mobo (785g or its likes) for similar price thru KMD route?

Is it ok to get a MB from US? wat about warranty?

Back