Budget 21-30k Suggestion for CPU+Mobo+RAM+PSU below 30k

What is your budget?
30k to 35k.
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
i5 2500k+MSI Z68A-G45+16GB DDR3 RAM+GTX750Ti+Atom VS550+Zebronics ATX Cabinet+AOC 22" Monitor+Atom VS550+Logitech KB & Mouse
Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
GTX750Ti+Zebronics ATX Cabinet+AOC 22" Monitor+KB+Mouse
Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU+RAM+Mobo+PSU
(Ryzen 5 3500X+ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0+G.Skill Aegis 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 2666MHz)+Deepcool DN550
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No. No major upgrade for next 5 years except adding 3060FE once I get mail from RP Tech
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Online/Chennai
Open to online purchase
Yes
Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Mild Gaming, Mobile App development & Web App development
Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No Preference
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
CS:GO, GTA V, Cricket 19, Killing Floor 2, Simulator type games
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1366x768
Are you looking to overclock?
No
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows

Last edited:
Why not go for 2 sticks of 8 instead of 1 stick of 16? Ryzen benefits from dual channel. You could also potentially save cost by opting for the 3300x instead of 3500x, as the former is just as good in gaming performance due to it's single core performance and overclock potential.

If you went for the ASRock B450M Pro4 instead (which is a miles better board) you'll get 4 DDR4 slots, so no qualms about upgrading RAM either.

Make sure to check out the Psu tier list too.

I think it'll be able to power, but I wouldn't trust it like I would a Corsair CV550 or CM MWE v2 which are both 80+ bronze. But the DN550 isn't specified white or bronze:

I think you'll be better off getting 2x8 sticks of higher frequency RAM (3200 or above) as it'll benefit your performance (FPS numbers) in the games you want, eg CSGO. You're likely to be in a CPU/memory bound scenario in those games due to 3060Ti being more than powerful enough, so having more memory bandwidth and dual channel will be important.

I suggest going with a i5-11400 and B560 motherboard. You get hyper threading, integrated graphics as backup, 4 slots for RAM, Ram Overclocking, 2 M.2 Slots and PCI-E 4.0 support. For PSU Get a Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550 V2. In case of Corsair's CV series get the CV650. The lower wattage units in the CV series are group regulated and are not that good. I suggest the following parts. It slightly over budget at around 37.5K but if you're intending to keep if for 5 years it's worth it. It'll pair well with a 3060Ti. Prices are from PrimeABGB.

PrimeABGB Cart.png

For mild gaming and resolution of ~720p would not 3060FE be overkill ? Or resolution part needs update ?

With Ryzen setup; go with 2 sticks of RAM - performance gain is kinda noticeable.

I suggest going with a i5-11400 and B560 motherboard. You get hyper threading, integrated graphics as backup, 4 slots for RAM, Ram Overclocking, 2 M.2 Slots and PCI-E 4.0 support. For PSU Get a Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550 V2. In case of Corsair's CV series get the CV650. The lower wattage units in the CV series are group regulated and are not that good. I suggest the following parts. It slightly over budget at around 37.5K but if you're intending to keep if for 5 years it's worth it. It'll pair well with a 3060Ti. Prices are from PrimeABGB.

View attachment 122360

Why not Ryzen? I don't have any preference per-se, but would like to know logic behind this suggestion. Is it good for gaming or app development? Is it better than 3500X? When I compare the benchmarks online, 11400 is just 7% better than Ryzen 3500X. And for that 7%, spending additional 8k is not worth IMO. But correct me if I am wrong.
For mild gaming and resolution of ~720p would not 3060FE be overkill ? Or resolution part needs update ?

With Ryzen setup; go with 2 sticks of RAM - performance gain is kinda noticeable.

720p is because of my current GPU limitation. I have a 22" HD Monitor but if I set resolution as HD, game lags and FPS drop is significant.

Will go with 2 sticks, but what kind of performance gain are we talking? Like marginal or in your face difference?

Why not Ryzen? I don't have any preference per-se, but would like to know logic behind this suggestion. Is it good for gaming or app development? Is it better than 3500X? When I compare the benchmarks online, 11400 is just 7% better than Ryzen 3500X. And for that 7%, spending additional 8k is not worth IMO. But correct me if I am wrong.
I'm mainly concerned about the lack of hyperthreading/SMT in the 3500x. In this video link notice the 1% low values. In some titles they go back and forth but are roughly similar. In some others the 3500x dips heavily even though the average FPS isn't too different (Especially large open world games). Due to the lack of additional threads, in some AAA titles you might experience micro stutters and frame drops while the average FPS seems fine. This will only get worse in future games.

Actually even in terms of average FPS, its significantly better but you won't notice it with your current monitor. I believe you would upgrade it in the future. In case you decide to go high refresh rate, this will be the better choice.

Although at a similar price point you could get a Ryzen 3600x and a B550 board, the IPC of the 11400 is better. For your web/mobile dev workloads this is more relevant although depending on what you're doing it may not make a difference at all.

I misread your current GPU as a GT 710, just saw that its a 750Ti. My bad, I assumed you might just be selling off the old parts as a set and iGPU of the 11400 could allow you to use the system while you're waiting for the 3060Ti.

My motherboard and CPU choice was to facilitate the faster RAM and additional slots so that in the future if you need more ram for Docker/VMs etc you can add it easily. PCI Gen 4 slot for M.2 incase DirectStorage based games take off. The 3060Ti also supports PCI-E 4.0 but its more of a future proofing thing. You really don't need these things now but again you mentioned no major upgrades for 5 years ;)

Last edited:
Yep Looks good! You won't be missing much, mainly just the extra RAM slots, extra USB ports and 2nd M.2 slot compared to the B560. Day to day experience will be the same if you don't need these.

No, officially Intel says that apart from the 500 series chipset motherboards only H470 and Z490 are supported from the 400 series. But these will require BIOS updates. They may not work with 11th gen CPUs out of the box.

Also not all H470, Z490 board models have an updated BIOS which can support 11th gen, so you need to check if they specify explicitly in their specs page.

Last edited:
Not a lot of motherboards that support 11th gen Intel processors that comes under 8k. Also most of them have 2 RAM slots. Shall I go with i5 10400f?

Last edited:
Not a lot of motherboards that support 11th gen Intel processors that comes under 8k. Also most of them have 2 RAM slots. Shall I go with i5 10400f?
not many people will agree with this but i would advise get a non f model as the integrated igpu can be useful in case of dedicated gpu dying, i faced this with my ryzen cpu so. spending 1k more on a not f part is worth it.

10400f is quite similar and runs more efficiently. But I don't think there's anything under 8k which has 4 RAM slots... H410 and H510 only have 2-slots by design. So your choices are B460/B560. If you get a B460 based board, your RAM speed will be limited to 2666MHz.

Guys bought 11400 + Asus Prime H510e + Adata 16GB stick. But when I try to install fresh Windows installation, my usb keyboard and mouse is not detecting. But in BIOS it is working. Can someone tell me what is the issue? @FerroSilicius

Last edited:
Guys bought 11400 + Asus Prime H510e + Adata 16GB stick. But when I try to install fresh Windows installation, my usb keyboard and mouse is not detecting. But in BIOS it is working. Can someone tell me what is the issue? @FerroSilicius
Try these,
  1. Toggling USB Legacy support in BIOS.
  2. Try the USB 2.0 ports on the back instead of USB 3 or vice versa.
  3. Try any front panel USB ports.
  4. Try disabling fast boot in BIOS.
  5. Check for BIOS updates.
  6. Are you using the latest Windows ISO? Might be missing chipset drivers if it's an old version.
  7. Make sure you're using a UEFI bootable image of Windows as well as set the BIOS to UEFI only. If this is already the case temporarily try setting UEFI CSM in BIOS to see if it helps.
  8. Have you tried any other wired keyboard and mouse? My Razer wireless mouse does this sometimes, but it works fine with my wired Logitech.

Back