Suggestion for buying Microsoft Surface Windows

I think its not released yet in india. there are two versions. one runs winrt on ARM processor and other runs win8 on intel atom based processor.
you wont be able to run any pc applications on the arm based surface and atom based is very costly.

my 2cents.

Surface Pro is not Atom based, it runs Core i5 Ivy Bridge. It is a very common misconception, but I don't know why. Basically it is a full fledged premium ultrabook in a tablet form factor. Once you consider that, it is actually reasonably priced. But yes, either are unlikely going to be released in India any time soon.

I'll second that.. Surface Pro is actually a nice laptop alternative.. Windows 8 has touch interface and so to completely explore it you need a touchscreen.. Touch screen laptops are not that comfortable to use so the form factor of Surface is perfect for Windows 8.. I liked the keyboard too.. Personally I would recommend Surface..

Microsoft Surface Windows 8 has a Powerful processing and beautiful design unite on Surface ,from my side i would like to recommend this product and i also saw this product in few shopping website .

From what I've heard, users who've started using a touchscreen laptop are very satisfied with it and won't buy another non-touchscreen laptop in the future.

my friend got his surface tablet. his feedback is that the touch screen is awesome, but the feel of the tablet (as in build quality) is not as he expected. he said he liked ipad over surface.

Using a Surface RT at the office. (We build apps)
The build quality is superlative, the kickstand, the charger connector, the touch n type cover are all exceptionally well executed items. I use iPad for my day to day activities but still can't help but "Feel" the surface just for the goodness every once in a while.

Apart from the hardware though there is little to sing home about. The Win RT experience as an OS is seriously sub par. If you are expecting anything close to the prowess of windows STAY AWAY till the next cycle at least. Its the first iteration and like most first iterations go this is sub par. These days I recognize the platform by the availability of great apps. The Surface has very few and I can't blame the app devs considering how crippled the APIs are and how restricted the overall environment feels from this side of Visual Studio.

tl;dr version: It's great hardware second to none in the market including the iPad. The software though is mostly incomplete, so better get the surface pro which'll have the full "windows" experience.

Back