Suggest the best VFM 32 inch Full HD TV for 32k Budget this festive season !!

@sky: No I haven't exactly shortlisted but I've seen all the 39" Panasonic models in their website, now I just need to have a price quote (is there any online place where I could check the price, going to my dealer everything for a price is so boring?). But after seeing that calculation of distance I might be getting a 32" as well and in that case I'll definitely get the Sony W650A. But if people who have seen both Bravia and Viera line could convince me that Panny looks better for PQ then I will change my mind and buy a Panny.
@toxicdrift: For how much did you buy it? How's the picture quality, contrast ratio and colour depths? Have you compared it with Bravia lineups?

Last edited:
i got it for 37k though u can get it online for round 35.XXX currently. with 3 yrs warranty (mrp is 43990), ... Picture quality is good, the E series r supposed to be the one to buy, but they r also more expensive. SD channels look far worst though, im getting a hd stb now, the stock settings make the picture quality really bad so u really have to tune the tv to ur liking, once set though its a damn good buy, for the price its way cheaper then 39 sony/samsung models so i have no complaints, has everything i need 2 hdmi, mediaplyer that plays the latest shows in mp4, avi, mkv support (as long as audio codecs r supported). I didnt even bother lookin @ 32 models once i saw this in the showroom, have been using a 32 since 7 yrs now and i really wanted a bigger size, overall am happy with the purchase, panasonic customer care helpline is also good, they arranged the install guy to come over the very next day. i just registered the tv via phone now im done. hopefully should be a happy 3 yrs ahead. it also runs way cooler then my old lcd, sony/panasonic / samsung / lg are all making great tvs. so ur not going wrong with either. just see ur prefrence .. warranty / specs / size / price / preformance and go with the one u feel is worth ur cash. as long as it makes u happy thats all that matters.

random shot from a s4 / watching the green lantern bluray dvd

p51t.jpg

Last edited:
i got it for 37k though u can get it online for round 35.XXX currently. with 3 yrs warranty (mrp is 43990), ... Picture quality is good, the E series r supposed to be the one to buy, but they r also more expensive. SD channels look far worst though, im getting a hd stb now, the stock settings make the picture quality really bad so u really have to tune the tv to ur liking, once set though its a damn good buy, for the price its way cheaper then 39 sony/samsung models so i have no complaints, has everything i need 2 hdmi, mediaplyer that plays the latest shows in mp4, avi, mkv support (as long as audio codecs r supported). I didnt even bother lookin @ 32 models once i saw this in the showrhttp://www.techenclave.com/community/posts/1882758/save-inlineoom have been using a 32 since 7 yrs now and i really wanted a bigger size, overall am happy with the purchase, panasonic customer care helpline is also good, they arranged the install guy to come over the very next day. i just registered the tv via phone now im done. hopefully should be a happy 3 yrs ahead. it also runs way cooler then my old lcd, sony/panasonic / samsung / lg are all making great tvs. so ur not going wrong with either. just see ur prefrence .. warranty / specs / size / price / preformance and go with the one u feel is worth ur cash. as long as it makes u happy thats all that matters.

random shot from a s4 / watching the green lantern bluray dvd

p51t.jpg
i got the panasonic l39b6d model, pics in the daily show off thread. waiting for the panasonic guy to come n wall mount them, :)
can you tell what settings are you using to get a decnet pic quality on ur new panny ? thanks ....

@toxicdrift: Thanks for your brief mate. I will go and see some Panasonics and Sonys, then I'll buy one. Oh, that T.V. looks huge. And yes, the stock settings are horrible, especially for SD picture, the worst settings are dynamic contrast, black corrector and max picture. I got the AirTel DTV yesterday and the SD pictures look way way better than my cable's STB, however mine is a 26", so higher PPI will give a more punchy effect in comparison to big sized tv's.

I would also like to buy new TV Shortlisted this model Sony KDL-W670A http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-42w670a in sony site shows the motionflow as XR200 likely to be screen refresh rate is 200Hz but in other shopping sites its mentioning as Motionflow XR200 and Screen refresh rate as 50Hz I'm confused :confused: http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/plasma-lcd...-kdl42w670a-42-full-hd-smart-led-lcd-tv/71007 if its only 50Hz is the screen refresh rate then it would be a deal breaker :(

EDIT: Got it "Things have changed for sony's new line up for tv's this year.We now use motionflow xr,so motionflow xr200 is 100hz,xr400 is 200hz and xr800 is 400hz"
Source : http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-a...100hz-very-confusing-pls-help#comment-2628770

Cheers :)

Last edited:
If you are open for Phillips, 32PFL6577 is a fantastic vfm option. But with the extended warranty this would just exceed your budget.

Hi, I have looked at the philips model you've mentioned and it's quite good. But the philips website has no mention of this tv and it seems to be discontinued. However there's another TV from the 6000 series which is "Philips 32PFL6977". There might be some differences which you might know better. Anyways i like it and as the reviews are good i might buy it. Price 28k (VFM) with DDB tech.

@toxicdrift I just came back from Croma and saw the 39inch Panasonic model. The price is same as yours but there is a difference in the model number. Yours is panasonic l39b6d while the one in Croma is panasonic l39b60d.
Both these models are listed on the Panasonic India website to, I see a difference in the looks but otherwise everything is the same. I am confused now :|

@ithehappy - Please don't think that 42" will feel too big. I was looking for a TV in August and Terrence_fdes suggested going for the biggest one from my options. My viewing distance is just 7-8 feet and I chose a 51 inch plasma. Believe me after a few hours it will start feeling normal. Terrence works in the entertainment industry and his advice was correct. The immersive experience of such a large screen is just awesome. I now think that I should have bought the 64 incher.

@rdst_1: Thanks bro. But 42" is too big for me, I am buying it anyway, but still. My viewing distance is 5-6 feet, and according to my calculation done with the help of carltonbale website 42" is ideal for me. One more thing to keep in mind, PPI. It's a T.V. after all and I'll have to watch some SD contents on it, and needles to say how crap it'll look like on a 42", let alone bigger models than it. I'm glad that you think you should've gone for a 64", but that bigger T.V. recommendations seem pretty pointless to me.

@rdst_1: Thanks bro. But 42" is too big for me, I am buying it anyway, but still. My viewing distance is 5-6 feet, and according to my calculation done with the help of carltonbale website 42" is ideal for me. One more thing to keep in mind, PPI. It's a T.V. after all and I'll have to watch some SD contents on it, and needles to say how crap it'll look like on a 42", let alone bigger models than it. I'm glad that you think you should've gone for a 64", but that bigger T.V. recommendations seem pretty pointless to me.

I understand. An yes SD content on my plasma looks pathetic especially the Sports channels. Thankfully, nearly most of the football and tennis matches come on the HD channels. I have hardly watched a few hours of SD content and then too only because the match I wanted to watch was coming on the SD channel. Only my parents watch TV and all the channels they watch except news channels are in HD as well. I just connect my laptop or HDD whenever I have to watch anything apart from Sports.
One funny thing I noticed. I had missed the UEFA Super Cup match between Chelsea and Bayern so I downloaded and watched it. The 720p match I downloaded had far better clarity than any of the HD sports channels available.

@techno_funky - yes chroma is carrying the 60d model / and vijaysales has the 6d models, the specs r exactly the same so i have no clue whats the difference. i had actually gone to pick up the 60d only but the guy at the store said.. this is the same as the 6d model (and its the newer model) i checked the specs, seemed the same. so i went with it and the 6d.. / in india both these models have same specs, but if u see the sg website, the 6d has optical out and a fewer more spec difference . maybe they didnt do in the indian tvs

I bought Panasonic 32E6D, for 34k from Navi mumbai after exchange of a 21inch semi working CRT. Non exchange price offered was 35-35.5k. My budget was under 30k initially.
Smart TV wasn't my requirement but I wanted Full HD. Most, if not all TV's priced lower were offered in 720p resolution. So in search of a FullHD, I had to buy this and pay extra price for smart TV feature, a feature that I don't really need. Other options considered were Sony W650 (38k) and some Samsung models.

Congrats for you purchase. Do post some pics.
Only 1-1.5k discount on exchange, you negotiated to give more or not.

I would also like to buy new TV Shortlisted this model Sony KDL-W670A http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-42w670a in sony site shows the motionflow as XR200 likely to be screen refresh rate is 200Hz but in other shopping sites its mentioning as Motionflow XR200 and Screen refresh rate as 50Hz I'm confused :confused: http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/plasma-lcd...-kdl42w670a-42-full-hd-smart-led-lcd-tv/71007 if its only 50Hz is the screen refresh rate then it would be a deal breaker :(

EDIT: Got it "Things have changed for sony's new line up for tv's this year.We now use motionflow xr,so motionflow xr200 is 100hz,xr400 is 200hz and xr800 is 400hz"
Source : http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-a...100hz-very-confusing-pls-help#comment-2628770

Cheers :)

Read this: m.cnet.com/news/what-is-refresh-rate/57524894

I have increased my budget to 34k and I think i like the LG LN5400 and the Panasonic L32E6D :-

Philips, videocon, etc. are out due to some personal reasons, although i know the Philips PFL6977 would make an excellent buy. Sony, Samsung, LG & Panasonic preferred.
Anyways, this LG LN5400 Is priced around 32k and Panasonic at 35k. Full HD with IPS display. The Panasonic is a smart tv.
What do you think of them ?? Any other better alternatives for 34k ?

I bought Panasonic 32E6D, for 34k from Navi mumbai after exchange of a 21inch semi working CRT. Non exchange price offered was 35-35.5k. My budget was under 30k initially.
Smart TV wasn't my requirement but I wanted Full HD. Most, if not all TV's priced lower were offered in 720p resolution. So in search of a FullHD, I had to buy this and pay extra price for smart TV feature, a feature that I don't really need. Other options considered were Sony W650 (38k) and some Samsung models.

Hi, congratz on your purchase. How do you like the 32E6D ? Picture Quality ? How's the smart TV feature ? Can you use Skype in it ? Is the bezel white in colour ? Any negetive aspects or something you don't like ? What DTH are you using ? Don't mind so many questions, but i'd love to know. :) Thanks.

Hi, congratz on your purchase. How do you like the 32E6D ? Picture Quality ? How's the smart TV feature ? Can you use Skype in it ? Is the bezel white in colour ? Any negetive aspects or something you don't like ? What DTH are you using ? Don't mind so many questions, but i'd love to know. :) Thanks.

The TV is excellent. It is very slim, one of the thinnest and looks great due to Silver Bezel. Currently using Airtel HD. Smart TV features I didn't explore much as it was never my original requirement anyway. Media playback is flawless. It played 720p and 10808p mkv files from pen drive without any problems and displayed subtitles accurately as well. The USB2USB copy feature is a plus.
Sound is clear and crisp, though the volume level currently is around 60-70. So I guess for low volume level Video the sound power may not be adequate.

Back