Suggest refrigerator for single person within 20k

@blr_p You were actually right all this time! Both of the meters I used report 3 metrics, Power, Current, Voltage and both use the same scaling factor.

To debug this, I plotted another graph with voltage*current*0.8 and this line was much lower than the line plotted with power as input.

So I went back and looked at the settings in HA and found this problem(i.e. the scaling factor for Power metric was completely wrong). The real usage of previous fridge was 1-2 units/day which does not seem too extreme to me since it's an old fridge that hasn't been serviced in a long time(plus the door seal is a bit imperfect) and the new fridge's real power consumption is 0.3-0.5 units/day

@blr_p You were actually right all this time! Both of the meters I used report 3 metrics, Power, Current, Voltage and both use the same scaling factor.

To debug this, I plotted another graph with voltage*current*0.8 and this line was much lower than the line plotted with power as input.
How did you arrive at the 0.8 factor?
The real usage of previous fridge was 1-2 units/day which does not seem too extreme to me since it's an old fridge that hasn't been serviced in a long time(plus the door seal is a bit imperfect)
Right ball park
and the new fridge's real power consumption is 0.3-0.5 units/day
That's a bit low. What is the temperature set for in the freezer and fridge?

Are you even using the freezer or is it converted to a fridge? That could lower total power consumed. How much by I don't know as I've never tested under freezer as fridge condition

> How did you arrive at the 0.8 factor?
Inductive loads have pf smaller than 1, I wanted a rough estimate and used 0.8.

> What is the temperature set for in the freezer and fridge?

-17 and 5. Freezer is not in fridge mode

> How did you arrive at the 0.8 factor?
Inductive loads have pf smaller than 1, I wanted a rough estimate and used 0.8.
Ah, that means it will be a fixed or static multiplier. The problem with that approach is pf won't be across appliances. You need a meter that can account for pf if you want more accurate readings. I thought this was already there if it can do instantaneous readings.

Where is @ze_cook?

I am amazed at the unfinished nature of these smart plugs!!
> What is the temperature set for in the freezer and fridge?

-17 and 5. Freezer is not in fridge mode
You power consumption is low. I couldn't get mine to match the stated BEE's claim of 0.6 units a day. My average was close to or just over a unit.

What does the BEE label say for your new fridge in terms of power consumption? It will be expressed in annual terms from which you can derive an expected daily figure

Which means a daily of 0.65 units. Your measurements put you in range of it but I don't know whether it's correct.

Post a graph showing the daily consumption as a total

^Ah, that would explain the low figure.

Really makes you think now doesn't it about your initial claim here with those power cuts

16 units a day when running at max and ~7-7.5 units a day at min.
I have been paying 2000/mo just for the fridge for probably years! :facepalm:

If you want more reliable figures the Meco will do it.

As an aside I've found my power consumption as measured to be lower than stated by the vendor for the Cottons 60C program of my LG front loader.

This is a combination of resistive with high pf AND inductive as the direct drive drum turns at the same time. I notice the power consumed doubles from a temperature setting of 60C compared to 40C as the heater needs to run longer. It will nearly double again when set to 95C. Yet the measured figures are still ~30% lower than printed in the manual.

Power consumed by Bosch is still higher. Maybe they are being more honest because I measured the temperature on my LG to be a few degrees less than stated and in the case of 95 to be almost 15 degrees lower. But hey the window steams up so it's pretty hot.

Last edited:
i had a 2 door LG fridge which i got rid of months back. It had door cooling, ice in 60 minutes etc. Only con was it took too much power to run.
I thought i could live without fridge and managed to do so until recently. From summer, the days are too hot, nights are too hot and no way to cool down. No curd, no chilled sweets, no ice, no cold water, no ice cream or butter or cheese or frozen foods. vegetables go bad in day or two in heat. Now its supposed to be cooler but no sign of any coolness in air. temps are still near 31-32C. cons are far too much so finally thought of getting a fridge.

I have used both single door and double door fridges. Single door save cost and space and energy. But, one of the main drawbacks is the freezer gets that ice build up. Another drawback is the freezer temps don't go below -4C? correct me if I'm wrong. Not cold enough to store ice cream i think. Some of the vegetable fat ice creams require -18 to -20C. Like the deep freezer boxes.

I don't know why, but most of the 2-3 door fridges don't have anything new in them now. No technological advancement i mean, other than the dual or triple inverter compressor. All of them look lack luster and frankly speaking it looks like manufacturers don't give a s--t about the product and just dump some random stuff to sell. All they are doing is overcharging consumers for decades old tech now.

So what do i buy? nothing looks good to me. not even the 30k ones. just waste of money. but i want to drink cold water or eat ice cream at night. please help. i thought of going to shops at night but, shops are far off and close at 9 so... :(
LG 242L Smart Inverter Double Door Refrigerator for ₹18,040 (Effectively)

Apply ₹750 Off Coupon + ₹4,499 off via SBI Credit Card No Cost EMI

Pro Tip : Pay Via SBI CC > Select 12 months No Cost EMI (Cancel Emi After Delivery)

this deal might interest you, if theres any referral link its not mine I copied this text from a deals channel

Back